Skyteam, I haven't looked at your profile, but I'm assuming you are under 20.
United having a worse system than Delta??
Interesting.... when UA was having all of it's problems in August, why is it that every airline analyst said UA will be OK in the long run because it has the "best US domestic and International System & Alliance set up" ???? If you look at a United Airlines route map, why is it that all of the West Coast, Midwest, and East coast are blanketed?? Why is it the Pacific and part of the Atlantic are covered with routes?
And didn't your beloved Delta just pull international flights out of PDX?? didn't Delta's beloved Skywest decide to feed UNITED into PDX w/ 50 some Skywest regoinal flights instead of Delta ??
Anyhow--- there are pros and cons for Both. bad thing - I know more about United than delta.. sorry... ALSO no mentoin of their Frequent Flyer agreement!!!!!
- Inflight audio on all flights but 737-200
- meals SERVED INFLIGHT.. no Bistro bags in the gate
- McDonalds Kids Meal for the childrens
- first 777 operator
- E ticket
- mobile Counters
- Palm IV and Flight Paging
- first to fly REGIONAL JETS -- Air Wisconsin 146s in 1986
- no charge for headsets
- improved ergonomic seating
- 3 Class International Operations
- Economy Plus (beat American to it!!)
- HUBS: ORD, DEN, IAD, MIA, SFO, LAX, SEA, HNL, NRT, LHR
- major operational problems this year, pilots & DC 10s
- complete Unions & mobsters (heh)
- First regional w/ all jet fleet hub (or soon to be)
- Controls all of it's regional feeders less 9N / T States
- Delta Express operations effectively competing against US, WN
- streamlined services to 2 class, offering BusinessElite
- HUGE JFK presence, thanks to Pan Am
- new and growing South American routes
- more 777s coming online, as are 737-800s and 767-400s
- restructuring of SLC to give more flying to the East coast
- enhanced service from JFK
- HUBS: CVG, ATL, SLC, JFK, FRA (does it still count?)
being from Illinois originally, my vote sticks w/ United... I just think that picking up a meal in the jetway from a cooler is tacky...... OTOH, I do like ATL as a hub and the new paint jobs.. DL has good management too