gesubsea

Hobby Airport's Int'l Expansion Plans Revealed

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Looks like Hobby's International addition will take 2 yrs according to the the Biz Journal.

"According to a presentation shown to Houston City Council Feb. 4, Houston’s airport authority plans to build a new parking garage and a new concourse, expand its terminal and make roadway modifications at Hobby to accommodate international flights. The project is scheduled over the course of more than two years."

"During the terminal expansion, HAS plans to build a new ticket counter, add six additional security checkpoint lanes, add five new arrival and departure gates and add a new Federal Inspections Services facility for international travelers to go through Customs and Border Protection. The FIS facility itself will have its own baggage claim, 16 passport inspection stations and allow for 400 to 800 passengers to travel through it during peak hours."

"Construction on the project is expected to break ground this May, and vertical construction is expected to be complete in September 2015."

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...international-expansion-plans.html

MesaFlyGuy

RE: Hobby Airport's Int'l Expansion Plans Revealed

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm glad to see ex-main airport being expanded again.
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

point2point

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Well...... will just seeing this announcement again prompt UA to cut even more flights at IAH?

gesubsea

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Kind of wondering who the new entrant might be that SWA would need or want to share the facilities with? Would it be strictly Latin America or possibly even an EU low cost outfit? One thought that did come to mind is a carrier like a Norwegian Airlines w/ a 788 (if SK decided NOT to make a run at Norway - IAH)?

AVENSAB727

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Quoting point2point (Reply 2):

Nah, UA Would not be that dumb. That news is last year. I think this is good thing for HOU. Finally we get 2 international airports.

[Edited 2013-02-05 14:48:03]
Always look on the bright side of Life!