airliner371
Topic Author

WN/FL March 4, 2013 Schedule Extension Predictions

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:25 pm

The schedule will be extended to November 3, 2013.

WIth expanded codeshare, will we see ATL transferring?
More International flights?
There are 3 more domestic cities without WN service, MEM, PNS and RIC. What do you think?

Bobloblaw

RE: WN/FL March 4, 2013 Schedule Extension Predictions

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:37 pm

No predictions here but with the codeshare Id like to see WN begin ATL-STL on their own metal.

MesaFlyGuy

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Maybe ATL-ISP now that the codeshare could help with connections?
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

sdoyon

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Quoting bobloblaw (Reply 1):
No predictions here but with the codeshare Id like to see WN begin ATL-STL on their own metal.

To be honest, I expected this AGES ago. Especially since WN flies to 7 of their other top-10 cities from ATL (the exceptions being DAL [because of the Wright Amendment] and OAK [served through SFO I suppose]).

As for predictions, I would love to see LGA and DCA converted to all-WN; with the codeshare coming 100% online by April, I think it's only a matter of time.

I'd also like to see MHT (got to rep your hometown) get some additional Florida service back as well as a connection to either BNA or STL. I think both of these cities offer a wide range of connections that are too circuitous when routed through either BWI or MDW. One can dream, right?  

wnflyguy

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:02 am

I think if you look at what they did with FL and MEM service last time.
Maybe will see some FL 717 flying added to PNS and RIC.
2 PNS-HOU, 1 PNS-MDW and 1 PNS-BWI.
2 RIC-MDW, 2 RIC-HOU maybe 1 RIC-MCO.
ADD 2 MEM-HOU or 2 MEM-DEN.
At DAY FL could ADD some 717 flying with 3 MDW flights connecting to the WN network.
Wnfg

my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

wnflyguy

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 am

I think since they added back DEN-BUR service with a line of flying.
Instead of having the A/C with a long RON in DEN they could tag on DSM,DAY or ROC with another RON.
wnfg  

[Edited 2013-02-24 16:25:08]
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

wnflyguy

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:41 am

With SNA now that the code share is in place for MEX and SJD via SNA.
Maybe they could Drop the FL SFO flight add a Red eye turn to MEX.
Also I'm still hoping for the FL LAS flight being dropped and redeploy it for a ATL n/s.
wnfg 

allegiantflyer

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:44 am

I think WN needs to wake up from this long line of keeping PHX idle....

chrisnh

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:46 am

Quoting sdoyon (Reply 3):
I'd also like to see MHT (got to rep your hometown) get some additional Florida service back as well as a connection to either BNA or STL. I think both of these cities offer a wide range of connections that are too circuitous when routed through either BWI or MDW. One can dream, right?

Fellow MHT alum, too. The one route that would be absolutely mint: MHT-ATL. DL runs a couple MD-88s a day in the high season but none in the low season...and that's an awfully long run for an RJ. No wonder people 'flee' to Logan.

But aside from that, it has been a LONG time since WN outright added a route at MHT. The norm has been a reinstatement of routes previously suspended, and that's been it. We already lose MHT-LAS this summer, making the only 'far-west' flight MHT-DEN. It used to be MHT-PHX and MHT-LAS; now it will be neither of them.

If you're heading west out of MHT, you would like to connect in some city that is NOT at risk of snow, which is why the PHX and LAS routes were so welcome. Now, your connection choices are Midway and Denver...two cities that can be snowbound on any given day.

Bobloblaw

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 am

Quoting mesaflyguy (Reply 2):
Maybe ATL-ISP now that the codeshare could help with connections?

ISP is a dying airport

Quoting wnflyguy (Reply 4):
2 PNS-HOU, 1 PNS-MDW and 1 PNS-BWI.

I think youll see PNS-STL before MDW. JAN-MDW does poorly

Im not expecting any real ATL growth.

MesaFlyGuy

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:34 am

Quoting bobloblaw (Reply 9):

I'd hardly call it a dying airport. Recently, we've had WN return it's seasonal RSW-ISP flight that wasn't here last year, US adding DCA-ISP AND upping it from 2-3 daily roundtrips fairly quickly (within a year of starting the service).

Plus, with the fairly new airport commisioner, we have high hopes for the airport, including B6 in the future and maybe some changes in service with the US/AA merger.

Granted ISP isn't what it once was, it's far from dying.
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

phxa340

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:38 am

Maybe some additions at PHX in anticipation of a US draw down ? Might be a little premature but ya never know.

flyiguy

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 am

[quote=wnflyguy,reply=6]With SNA now that the code share is in place for MEX and SJD via SNA.
Maybe they could Drop the FL SFO flight add a Red eye turn to MEX.

The only problem I see with that is that now there will be no FL crew to operate the MEX and SJD sectors as FL has no west coast base to pull crews from. I though the reason for the FL SFO flights was to rotate crews to the SNA INT'L flights operated by FL. With out those crews the SNA to MEX and SJD can not operate. Correct me if I am wrong?

FLY
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

wnflyguy

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Quoting flyiguy (Reply 12):

Ya that's why I think a SNA-ATL n/s would work out great.
Crew 3 or 4 days of flying rotations would cover weekly flying.
I would only run the extra SNA-MEX n/s Sunday thru Friday.
CREW 3 day line day 1 ATL-SAT-MEX-SNA day 2 SNA-MEX-SNA day 3 SNA-ATL.
CREW 4 day line day 1 ATL-SNA day 2 SNA-SJD-DEN day 3 DEN-SJD-SNA day 4 SNA-MEX-SAT-ATL.
Wnfg  

enilria

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

With the code share now appearing to be functional, I think we will see pretty massive change. I expect more FL cities to lose ATL service and I think you will finally see round two of new routes from ATL on WN metal finally supported by the code share. Maybe stuff like LIT or JAN.

Philly65

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Southwest schedule and new route/city predictions are no longer exciting nor worthy of much commentary. The airline is a typical legacy airline with legacy costs, and the airline is transforming itself to adjust to the new reality it operates in. The good old days of Southwest being a short haul, high frequency airline are past. The integration with AirTran is nothing more than connecting the dots and seeing what sticks. However, it will be interesting to see what they do in the Caribbean/Mexico and potentially Hawaii.

Cubsrule

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Quoting bobloblaw (Reply 9):
I think youll see PNS-STL before MDW. JAN-MDW does poorly

Do you think JAN-STL would do better? The problems with JAN are that it is small and that it lacks many connections to the midwest. There's some VFR, but not many business connections.

JAN-STL is shorter, but the local market is also likely to be much smaller.

Quoting Philly65 (Reply 15):
The good old days of Southwest being a short haul, high frequency airline are past.

They passed a decade or more ago. I'm not sure what's different now versus ten years ago other than that a few of the not very useful, super-short routes (MCO-RSW, BHM-BNA) are finally gone.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

evanbu

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

I've given up hope for DSM. It seems WN is completely happy with 2X MDW.

Flytravel

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Quoting mesaflyguy (Reply 10):
US adding DCA-ISP AND upping it from 2-3 daily roundtrips fairly quickly (within a year of starting the service).

I wonder if AA/US will keep ISP with the JFK hub within an hour for most that might use ISP. If it left, it would be good for WN's ISP-BWI. Pax that might have switched to ISP-DCA for DC travel, won't have that option. However, AA will likely launch GRR-DCA which will take pax from WN's GRR-BWI.

I'd say ISP-ATL could be done or maybe offered seasonally, because DL isn't at ISP, and WN would own the route, like NK on ACY-ATL and F9 now on TTN-ATL. Anyways, WN inherited an ATL crew base and wants to make ATL work. Part of that is keeping feed into ATL where possible. With WN pricing PHL-ATL at $191 lowest WGA, but PHL-ATL-JAX at $131 lowest WGA, it seems it wants to keep ATL active with connections, in the east coast or on north-south travel.

FWAERJ

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 16):
I'm not sure what's different now versus ten years ago other than that a few of the not very useful, super-short routes (MCO-RSW, BHM-BNA) are finally gone.

Besides gutting a lot of the short-haul routes, I can think of at least eight ways that WN has changed compared to ten years ago.

WN has:

1) built up connecting complexes at airports like MDW and BWI as opposed to the traditional point-to-point WN focus
2) moved into airports that Herb vowed to never serve like LGA, DEN, and ATL (more on the last one next)
3) acquired FL to gain access to ATL and international markets, both of which were nevers at old WN
4) ditched the eight-flight rule by allowing smaller stations to be opened with contract ground handling as opposed to higher-cost WN employees (more on that toward the end)
5) expanded their market share in flights to Florida while gutting Florida intrastate flying, which was part organic growth and partly due to the FL acquisition
6) offered more business-traveler friendly products like Business Select fares, and charging higher fares for many business markets
7) started experimenting with smaller cities like PWM, DSM, ICT, and GRR at 2-6x/daily schedules, a change from Herb's "we're not in the small city business, we're in the leakage business" mantra, and made possible in part by ditching the eight-flight rule
8) abandoned the "passionately neutral" stance on the Wright Amendment, pushed for a repeal, and got a phased repeal

[Edited 2013-02-25 11:47:35]
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

Bobloblaw

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:55 pm

All airlines have struggled flying from Chicago to Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and the Florida panhandle. There just isn't much traffic via air to the Midwest from these states. There is lots of road traffic down I-55 but not air. ORD is not a good hub for these states. Traffic goes via DFW or ATL mostly. UA, AA and WN have all done poorly in these places to Chicago.

I don't think PNS to STL is likely but neither is MDW.

FWAERJ

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Quoting bobloblaw (Reply 20):
All airlines have struggled flying from Chicago to Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and the Florida panhandle. There just isn't much traffic via air to the Midwest from these states. There is lots of road traffic down I-55 but not air.

I used to live in a Chicago suburb, and I went to high school there about a decade ago. Destin was THE place to go for spring break at my high school, and everyone drove down there for that week in March.

No one flew to VPS or PNS, and higher cost plus family traditions were often cited as reasons, even though Destin was a 14+ hour drive on I-65 each way from the suburb in question. These families would get up at 5 AM for a full-day drive there and do the same on the way back. However, they could just drive to ORD in an hour, arrive two hours before departure for parking and security, and be at VPS or PNS in about five to seven hours total (depending on if the flight is a nonstop or not).

Oh, and I never understood the appeal of Destin. My spring breaks in high school were to LHR, LAS, and CUN - the last one senior year was a college searching road trip.

[Edited 2013-02-25 12:37:41]

enilria

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:10 pm

The airline is a typical legacy airline with legacy costs, and the airline is transforming itself to adjust to the new reality it operates in.

Can't argue that...

The good old days of Southwest being a short haul, high frequency airline are past.

They passed a decade or more ago. I'm not sure what's different now versus ten years ago other than that a few of the not very useful, super-short routes (MCO-RSW, BHM-BNA) are finally gone

They may have started that mutation 10 years ago, but it is nearing completion now.

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 19):
Besides gutting a lot of the short-haul routes, I can think of at least eight ways that WN has changed compared to ten years ago.

Agreed. They are turning into a hubbed legacy. They are mostly there already. The Wright Amendment ending will probably be the final gasp of the old model as they retrieve airplanes to add service from their newest nationwide hub.

PVD757

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 pm

No predictions but a wish-list for PVD that includes reinstatement of LAS, PHX, or HOU. Probably unlikely at this point, but thats why they call it a wish list!

Cubsrule

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Quoting enilria (Reply 22):
Agreed. They are turning into a hubbed legacy. They are mostly there already.

Which UA or DL stations resemble WN stations like MCI, AUS, SAT or BNA?

FWAERJ

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 24):
Which UA or DL stations resemble WN stations like MCI, AUS, SAT or BNA?

For DL, CVG and MEM. For UA, CLE.

Though to be fair, the WN stations are all mainline and CVG/CLE/MEM are mostly RJs.

airliner371
Topic Author

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 25):
For DL, CVG and MEM. For UA, CLE.

Those are dying hubs, its different.

WNCrew

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 pm

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 25):
Though to be fair, the WN stations are all mainline and CVG/CLE/MEM are mostly RJs.

People DO often forget that WN's thousands of flights per day are ALL mainline and WN-operated. Thanks for stating that.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

FWAERJ

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:01 am

Quoting airliner371 (Reply 26):
Those are dying hubs, its different.

CVG has been right-sized to profitability, and CLE has seen several new routes as of late - neither are dying at this point.

Though I think we can all agree that MEM won't be a hub for much longer.

Cubsrule

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:45 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 28):
CVG has been right-sized to profitability, and CLE has seen several new routes as of late - neither are dying at this point.

Regardless, I'm not sure how a 200 flight/day operation that is predominantly RJ and heavily connecting can be compared to a 50 or 60 flight/day all mainline operation that is predominantly local.

wnflyguy

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:03 am

With every small schedule update from now until Dec 2015 will be the elimination of FL flying into WN.
Along with this merger at the end of 2014 will start the Small Texas cities reshuffle with new N/S markets added from DAL.
For the arm chair network planners/nerds like my self it's fun to see what stays, get's added and what gets axed.
Not all changes are happy like SNA-MDW being Axed.
But still it is fun trying to understand WN's madness behind the every shifting schedule updates.
The computer age makes this Merger fun because Friends and Nerds get to talk,speculate and guess what's coming.
I think the new WN less than 8 day rule gives WN a whole new chapter to gain market share and add new cities once forbidden under the old WN.
Example if DSM works out and turns a profit for WN it gives future cities like FAT,ANC,BIL and Hawaiian markets hope.
Now that the code share is rolling out I would like to see WN add more international flying with FL until WN's ready.
Wnfg 

JBAirwaysFan

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 am

Quoting Flytravel (Reply 18):
I'd say ISP-ATL could be done or maybe offered seasonally, because DL isn't at ISP, and WN would own the route,

Who's to say DL won't jump back on it though? Their old gate is still there (and their old ticket counter still has the DL designation as of 2011). They jumped back on SWF-ATL when AirTran started it.
In Loving Memory of Casey Edward Falconer; May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

MesaFlyGuy

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:33 am

Quoting JBAirwaysFan (Reply 31):

They could, per say, but DL has shown zero interest in anything in th NYC area other than JFK and LGA, so I can't see how 1 737 a day from ATL-ISP would really interest DL.

OzarkD9S

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:15 pm

I hope they'll finally integrate RIC into either WN metal or added to the codeshare. I was hoping to book FL from STL to RIC for travel in May, then transfer the A+ Rewards over to RR. The schedules sucked for me so I went with UA.

I'm probably not the only customer WN/FL have lost with this prolonged integration process, even if it's this one trip. It's obvious WN is willing to sacrifice some revenue for fewer integration headaches, and they're still profitable so hats off to them for that.

But still....my $400 went to UA. (Based on 4th quarter earnings, they needed it more anyway   )
Next up: STL-OAK-RNO-LAS-ICT-STL

JONC777

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:05 pm

With the codeshare in place now, I think theres a decent chance there will be some changes to ATL at this point. As for other changes, I wouldnt expect much of anything. Just my two cents.

JBAirwaysFan

Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 am

Quoting mesaflyguy (Reply 32):
They could, per say, but DL has shown zero interest in anything in th NYC area other than JFK and LGA, so I can't see how 1 737 a day from ATL-ISP would really interest DL.

I won't disagree. However that wasn't my point. What I meant is that WN starting a new route from ATL is at risk for the backlash from Delta. Granted DL is very focused right now with JFK and LGA also keep in mind DL did previously serve the ATL-ISP market. I believe it only took 2x ATL-SWF flights on FL to spark Delta to add 4x CRJs on the route as well. Honestly I could see this being a 717 route at some point in time.

MesaFlyGuy

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 am

Quoting JBAirwaysFan (Reply 35):

Gotcha, didn't realize you were talking about the ATL end of it.

Also, I neve realized DL had ever served ISP-ATL. I knew they served CVG-ISP

FlyASAGuy2005

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:13 am

Quoting JBAirwaysFan (Reply 31):
They jumped back on SWF-ATL when AirTran started it.

And have since exited the market. Was 2x CR7s (1x on certain week days and on Sat) to the recent end.

Quoting JBAirwaysFan (Reply 35):
Honestly I could see this being a 717 route at some point in time.

We have to be a little realistic here. You think they're going to go from zero service to 717s? At a minimum, the route would have to be operated by a CR7 due to the 750 rule but o go from nothing to even a single daily 717 would be a leap. There are far more high frequency routes that could use the capacity.

Delta seems to be happy with their "outside the city" service to HPN. A combination of CR7s and CR9s up to 7x. If they could fly an 88 in there they would.

[Edited 2013-02-26 21:18:37]
What gets measured gets done.

CIDFlyer

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 21):

I used to live in a Chicago suburb, and I went to high school there about a decade ago. Destin was THE place to go for spring break at my high school, and everyone drove down there for that week in March.

No one flew to VPS or PNS, and higher cost plus family traditions were often cited as reasons, even though Destin was a 14+ hour drive on I-65 each way from the suburb in question. These families would get up at 5 AM for a full-day drive there and do the same on the way back. However, they could just drive to ORD in an hour, arrive two hours before departure for parking and security, and be at VPS or PNS in about five to seven hours total (depending on if the flight is a nonstop or not).

Oh, and I never understood the appeal of Destin. My spring breaks in high school were to LHR, LAS, and CUN - the last one senior year was a college searching road trip.[Edited 2013-02-25 12:37:41]

The Florida Panhandle is a beautiful area! I think the reason flights to the midwest havent been as successful here (I am currently on vacation here) is because the airports are smaller and lack low fare carriers making flights expensive. Probably also a factor is that there probably arent as many northerners tranplanted here as there are in other parts of Florida. I've been coming here since 1997 and can tell you though PNS has grown alot. Lots of midwesterners winter in this area, its not as far to go to like the Tampa, Fort Myers area is, its in the central time zone which is a plus, and it has a bit more southern flavor than peninsular Florida does, which has all but been run over by northerners and foreigners. I love all of Florida but I will have to say I do love the Panhandle, its has some of the most beautiful beaches in the state and seems to have more of a laid back pace to it. SWA seems to be doing well on STL-Panama City bringing it back for another summer season. I could see them trying STL from PNS. TWA was going to start this before the merger with AA. With PNS you get a gateway to the Northwest Florida Beaches area from Destin/Fort Walton to the Alabama Beaches of Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. You also can get some business and government traffic with the large naval base. Perhaps if the prices were right MDW could work but I would see STL before MDW. For some reason people either seem content on driving to this area or making their connections in DFW, ATL or CLT to get here. Would be nice if this region could maintain a successful link to ORD or maybe DTW. AA has had PNS-ORD off and on. UA seems to be holding in there on PNS-ORD with less than daily service but still flies it. Maybe SWA could develop more of an air travel market to this region??

ATLgaUSA

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Another reason that flights to the panhandle haven't worked is that none of the towns on the panhandle are equipped to handle large numbers of tourists that don't have cars. Many families find it easier to drive than buying plane tickets for everyone in the family and having to pay for a rental car for a week.

JBAirwaysFan

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Quoting FlyASAGuy2005 (Reply 37):
And have since exited the market. Was 2x CR7s (1x on certain week days and on Sat) to the recent end

Just recently they did. They maintained the route for 4 years after AirTran left.

Quoting FlyASAGuy2005 (Reply 37):
We have to be a little realistic here. You think they're going to go from zero service to 717s? At a minimum, the route would have to be operated by a CR7 due to the 750 rule but o go from nothing to even a single daily 717 would be a leap. There are far more high frequency routes that could use the capacity.

Delta seems to be happy with their "outside the city" service to HPN. A combination of CR7s and CR9s up to 7x. If they could fly an 88 in there they would.

At SOME POINT IN TIME. Meaning not right away, but if DL and WN begin to compete on this route (ISP-ATL) I would say it's a possibility. That route never saw any competition when DL was on it before.

As for HPN, they can't fit an 88 in there because of the ramp size from what I've heard. Plus they're extremely noisy and that is a noise sensitive airport.

[Edited 2013-02-27 06:47:05]

Cubsrule

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:27 am

Quoting CIDFlyer (Reply 38):
SWA seems to be doing well on STL-Panama City bringing it back for another summer season. I could see them trying STL from PNS. TWA was going to start this before the merger with AA. With PNS you get a gateway to the Northwest Florida Beaches area from Destin/Fort Walton to the Alabama Beaches of Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. You also can get some business and government traffic with the large naval base. Perhaps if the prices were right MDW could work but I would see STL before MDW.

Having lived in both, I can assure you that Saint Louis is far more of a Destin town than Chicago is. VPS is the best airport for Destin, but as far as WN stations I think ECP is actually a bit closer than PNS. The drive from PNS isn't bad once you get down on 98, but getting there involves a fair number of city streets.

BD338

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:21 am

BHM-BNA

my very first WN flight back in 1996. Had the seats in the middle of the aircraft that faced each other...thought that was brilliant!

I dream of more WN service in SLC....but it ain't going to happen  

CIDFlyer

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 am

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 41):
Having lived in both, I can assure you that Saint Louis is far more of a Destin town than Chicago is. VPS is the best airport for Destin, but as far as WN stations I think ECP is actually a bit closer than PNS. The drive from PNS isn't bad once you get down on 98, but getting there involves a fair number of city streets.

yeah 98 isnt too bad but can get busy. Too bad there isnt some sort of expressway from PNS to Ft Walton/Destin, 98 from Pensacola to Destin is about 40 miles of strip malls, subdivisions, fast food joints and wal-marts!

GentFromAlaska

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Quoting sdoyon (Reply 3):
I'd also like to see MHT (got to rep your hometown) get some additional Florida service back as well as a connection to either BNA

Because WN operates a focus city in BNA it would makes since. I'm not real familiar with the STL operations other than what I've read on A.net I understand WN offers a lot of lift out of STL but I don't think the airport holds the moniker of a focus city.

WN started flying BOS-BNA non-stop last August. WN BOS-BNA route must be holding its own in that I not seen one offer on DING for the city pair as of yet.

[Edited 2013-02-28 07:53:37]
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

ouboy79

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 44):
Because WN operates a focus city in BNA it would makes since. I'm not real familiar with the STL operations other than what I've read on A.net I understand WN offers a lot of lift out of STL but I don't think the airport is hold the moniker of a focus city.

As of last month, STL is the 10th largest station for WN with 82 flights to 33 cities. It is actually a larger operation than Nashville.

wnflyguy

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Well looks like the FL schedule loaded.
The only change I see so far is FLL-SJU service going over to WN.
LAS losing the ATL red eye..
wnfg 

knope2001

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:15 pm

I didn't find anything yet very notable in the new FL load, neither additions nor subtractions.

kkephart13

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:00 pm

It looks like SNA is going back to 1x SJD and up to 2x SFO.
EVERYTHING i type on here, is the opinion of ME and not of any airline/company.

flyiguy

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 am

Hot off the Press

Today, we opened the Southwest and AirTran schedules out for sale through November 1, giving us 242 days of bookable inventory. No full city conversions this time, but we continue the gradual conversion of AirTran’s San Juan service by eliminating AirTran’s daily nonstop roundtrips between San Juan and Ft. Lauderdale, replacing them with TWO daily roundtrips on Southwest. We’ve got several other market changes to tell you about, both permanent and seasonal, so please read on!

On September 29, Southwest will add new daily nonstop roundtrip service between Atlanta and San Diego, between Nashville and Pittsburgh, between Jacksonville, Florida and Chicago/Midway. And we’ll also add our first service from Des Moines to the West with the addition of daily nonstop roundtrips to Las Vegas! The new Des Moines-Las Vegas service is timed for hotel checkin and checkout at your favorite Vegas mega-resort as well as for excellent connections at McCarran International for travelers to or from Iowa’s capital. Other markets be added on a seasonal basis are nonstops between Orlando and both Indianapolis and Minneapolis/St. Paul. Nonstop service will be discontinued in five seasonal markets—Seattle/Tacoma to Atlanta, Nashville, and Seattle, between Cleveland and Las Vegas, and between Chicago/Midway and Reno. Nonstops will be permanently eliminated in the El Paso-San Diego market. However, all six of the discontinued markets will continue to have direct or connecting Southwest service.

The AirTran route network continues to evolve as well with the addition of new seasonal service between Columbus and Ft. Myers, and between Ft. Lauderdale and Pittsburgh. We’ll also add seasonal service between Orlando and both Houston/Hobby and New Orleans, which will supplement long-existing Southwest nonstop service in those markets. We’ll discontinue seasonal AirTran service between Orlando and Kansas City and between Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay, but we’ll continue to offer connecting service in those markets on both AirTran and Southwest.

FLY

[Edited 2013-03-04 02:46:20]
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.