Flying-Tiger
Topic Author

Aegean Airlines

Wed Oct 25, 2000 1:59 am

Has anyone information about this airlines-ß I recently read an article about this airline being in the process of ordering up to 6 ATR 72 but no more information was given. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Flying-Tiger

Flown: A319/320/321,A332/3,A380,AT4,AT7,B732/3/4/5/7/8,B742/4,B762/763,B772,CR2,CR7,ER4,E70,E75,F50/70,M11,L15,S20

agrodemm

RE: Aegean Airlines

Wed Oct 25, 2000 3:22 am

Aegean Airlines is a Greek private airline that operates domestic routes within Greece. During the last years, several private airlines are trying to gain market share from Olympic Airways. Aegean is considered to be a quality airline, it had some AVRO RJ-100's, and its service was high-end (leather seats etc)
I haven't heard about this order, but I have heard that these private airlines in Greece are gaining momentum in the market share, and also they operate international flights as well.

Hope this helps
Reards,
agrodemm

Wed Oct 25, 2000 4:27 am

What is the deal with Aegean Airlines/Aviation and Air Greece. Did Aegean take over Air Greece, and hence incorporated the latter's 3 ATR-72s?

Aegean's website http://www.travelling.gr/aegean-aviation/ make's no mention of this, and in fact, doesn't even make mention of their RJ's

I did hear that Aegean has entered into some sort of partnership with Cronus Airlines. Does anyone have any details of this at all?

Cheers

Scotty

SilverWing

Wed Oct 25, 2000 10:49 pm

Hi Scotty,
yes, Aegean took over Air Greece about one year ago. Since then, they use these ATR 72 in Aegean colours. I saw them three weeks ago when I was in Athens. I think they look quite good now in Aegean´s livery.
Sorry, but I can´t tell you anything about the Partnership with Cronus Airlines.

Joge

Wed Oct 25, 2000 11:10 pm

Hi,

Here are some photos of Aegean, Air Greece and Cronus, all taken in RHO (Rhodes/Greece). I know, that Aegean ordered Avro RJs once, but I'm not sure if it has get all of them.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Jorgos Tsambikakis

Click for large version

Click for large version

-Joge
Bula!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos