777way
Topic Author

Palestinian Resumes Two More Routes

Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 am

According to their schedule Palestinian Airlines are back in Cairo and Jeddah, however the website nor google mention CAI resumption, perhaps its yet to start.

In September they had resumed flying after seven years hiatus with El Arish - Amman Marka Airport service, fleet remains two F50.

[Edited 2013-05-01 20:05:19]

mariner

RE: Palestinian Resumes Two More Routes

Fri May 03, 2013 5:30 am

Quoting 777way (Thread starter):
In September they had resumed flying after seven years hiatus with El Arish - Amman Marka Airport service, fleet remains two F50.

I nearly missed this thread, and I had missed that they were flying again - thanks for posting.

I think this is all really good news and I hope it goes well for them.

mariner
aeternum nauta

mariner

Fri May 03, 2013 6:29 am

Since I posted, I've been thinking about this and I have a question.

International routes are usually governed by bilateral agreements between the two countries involved. But Gaza is an occupied territory and Palestine isn't recognized as a state.

So does anyone know what government agreements Palestinian Airlines needs for its flights? And what about aircraft registrations?

TIA

mariner
aeternum nauta

rutankrd

Fri May 03, 2013 6:58 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 2):
International routes are usually governed by bilateral agreements between the two countries involved. But Gaza is an occupied territory and Palestine isn't recognized as a state.

So does anyone know what government agreements Palestinian Airlines needs for its flights? And what about aircraft registrations?

Flights are operating from El Arish in Egyptian Sinai not Gaza which remains destroyed .

Palestinian Authority has very special status not quite a state but recognised even by the United Nations.

At the moment they are operating as an Egyptian carrier to al intents and purposes.

mariner

Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Quoting rutankrd (Reply 3):
At the moment they are operating as an Egyptian carrier to al intents and purposes.

That explains it all, including the aircraft registrations. Thank you.

mariner
aeternum nauta

KD5MDK

Sat May 04, 2013 6:58 pm

For that matter, if a country want to accept flights from them, it could just do so and grant permission on a unilateral basis.