PHX787
Topic Author

FY 2013 Japanese Aviation Financial Results

Thu May 02, 2013 5:41 am

Afternoon from Tokyo:

http://www.japantoday.com/category/b...fit-soars-53-1-jals-profit-falls-8

NH reporting a 53.1% profit increase; JL slides by 8%.

Seems like JL still needs to file out some kinks from both BK and what seems to be labor issues still lingering from the JS merger.

NH, even despite the 787 issues, is going quite strong, as the need for travel increases in japan.
NH's advantage seems to be the price differences between JL. Friends and contacts say they prefer flying NH because they are cheaper.
NH also has managed cost cutting efforts well.

Quote:
All Nippon Airways (ANA), which operates 17 of the Dreamliner’s 50-strong global fleet, said its fiscal year net profit soared 53.1%, as cost-cutting and a boost in demand for international travel helped it shrug off its Dreamliner woes.

I would like to point out though both NH and JL have hired recent graduates this year, as in previous years JL hasn't. (in japan, hiring and entrance into the company begins April 1)

I'd like to know your input into this.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787