kc135topboom

Angel Flight Down In NY

Sat May 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Sadly a PA-34 Angle Flight crashed on a flight from BED to RME in upstate NY late yesterday afternoon. The airplane crashed into a lake, and at least two passengers were killed. According to the FoxNews report, the pilot is missing from the wreckage.

"Angel Flight is a nonprofit group that arranges free air transportation for sick patients from volunteer pilots. "Our volunteer pilots are the most compassionate and generous individuals who donate their time, aircraft and fuel to transport patients and loved ones for free to essential medical care that would otherwise not be readily available to them."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/25...in-upstate-new-york-official-says/

jfklganyc

RE: Angel Flight Down In NY

Sat May 25, 2013 1:55 pm

The weather was bad yesterday. Low IFR, rain, icing, turbulence. I dont know if this played a factor. Not a May day at all.

Me heart goes out to these people and their families.

comorin

Sun May 26, 2013 2:19 am

RIP.

I had a friend who was doing that in Botswana, ferrying sick children and AIDS victims. He flew back to his home in the Berkshires, and crashed while landing at a grass strip by his home. Very sad, but he he died doing what he loved.

UPNYGuy

Sun May 26, 2013 8:27 pm

I know exactly where this occurred, as I grew up in this area. The flight went down in a camp ground. Several parades were scheduled that day. They had to be cancelled due to the amount of emergency services that were involved.