kc135topboom

Angel Flight Down In NY

Sat May 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Sadly a PA-34 Angle Flight crashed on a flight from BED to RME in upstate NY late yesterday afternoon. The airplane crashed into a lake, and at least two passengers were killed. According to the FoxNews report, the pilot is missing from the wreckage.

"Angel Flight is a nonprofit group that arranges free air transportation for sick patients from volunteer pilots. "Our volunteer pilots are the most compassionate and generous individuals who donate their time, aircraft and fuel to transport patients and loved ones for free to essential medical care that would otherwise not be readily available to them."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/25...in-upstate-new-york-official-says/

jfklganyc

RE: Angel Flight Down In NY

Sat May 25, 2013 1:55 pm

The weather was bad yesterday. Low IFR, rain, icing, turbulence. I dont know if this played a factor. Not a May day at all.

Me heart goes out to these people and their families.

comorin

Sun May 26, 2013 2:19 am

RIP.

I had a friend who was doing that in Botswana, ferrying sick children and AIDS victims. He flew back to his home in the Berkshires, and crashed while landing at a grass strip by his home. Very sad, but he he died doing what he loved.

UPNYGuy

Sun May 26, 2013 8:27 pm

I know exactly where this occurred, as I grew up in this area. The flight went down in a camp ground. Several parades were scheduled that day. They had to be cancelled due to the amount of emergency services that were involved.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos