SCL767
Topic Author

AA Announces MIA-MXP!

Thu May 30, 2013 11:39 am

American will finally launch MIA-MXP starting on November 21! The new route will operate daily utilizing the B763. Great news for MIA and MXP!
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...een-miami-and-milan-209478071.html

commavia

RE: AA Announces MIA-MXP!

Thu May 30, 2013 11:44 am

Awesome ... yet another one to file in the "about frigging time" category. Yet another new market for the ever-expanding MIA hub - this route should do well.

jfk777

Thu May 30, 2013 11:46 am

Will Alitalia spoil the party and restart MXP to Miami.

STT757

Thu May 30, 2013 11:49 am

This route should do well for AA, good move.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

LAXdude1023

Thu May 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Long time coming. Weve been talking about this one for years.
It is what it is...

FSDan

Thu May 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Quoting jfk777 (Reply 2):

AA's definitely got the advantage on this one. MXP isn't a hub for AZ anymore, so they would have to rely entirely on O&D traffic. AA, on the other hand, can offer connections to the rest of Florida, Latin America, and even LAX/SFO (although that's not the best routing from LAX/SFO-MXP).

Great to see somewhere other than NYC get another nonstop to MXP!
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

s4popo

Thu May 30, 2013 1:06 pm

This had to be the only true low-hanging fruit out of MIA. It's about time. It will be interesting to see AZ's response.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu May 30, 2013 1:33 pm

I don't expect AZ to respond. The market has less potential now then it did before this announcement.

MaverickM11

Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 4):
Long time coming. Weve been talking about this one for years.
Quoting STT757 (Reply 3):
This route should do well for AA, good move.

Remind me why? What is supporting MXPMIA?
E pur si muove -Galileo

nostromopilot

Thu May 30, 2013 2:45 pm

It's about time. Really exciting to see AA look to something not characteristically safe Europe-wise (ie, not Paris/London) for Miami. Milan of course isn't necessarily a secondary market, but to get service before say Frankfurt is a big deal. Very exciting. I'm looking for AA to truly turn MIA into a global hub.

Alright, what's next?
My money is on Cordoba, Argentina, Belem/Fortaleza, Brazil, Georgetown, Guyana then Paramaribo, Suriname... and
(cough::Johannesburg::cough).

N62NA

Thu May 30, 2013 2:47 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 8):
emind me why? What is supporting MXPMIA?

With the economy in a slump on both sides of this route, I have the same question.

flymia

Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Business ties, Fashion Industry, Growing Italian community in Miami, An AA hub which can connect people from Milan all over the U.S, Caribbean and Latin America, Miami is a popular tourist destination for Italians. The Italians in Miami tend to be fairly wealthy too. Alitalia has ran the MIA-MXP for a while, when MXP was the main hub it used to be MIA-MXP and no MIA-FCO then when it was downgraded it was MIA-FCO and weekly MIA-MXP and now Alitalia finally stopped serving MIA-MXP very recently. With JFK and NRT being the only two long haul flights left for Alitalia at MXP.

The flight makes sense. Great news from MIA and AA. So that is a 5th daily European destination from MIA for AA. LHR, CDG, MAD, BCN and MXP. Wonder if we will see any others pop up in the next year or two.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

psa1011

Thu May 30, 2013 2:55 pm

I was going to say SAN would theoretically work as an out-of-the-way connection, then I remembered that SAN-MIA is a single daily red-eye, which apparently means that it's all about O&D, or for connections that involve only the Caribbean.

Quoting FSDan (Reply 5):
AA's definitely got the advantage on this one. MXP isn't a hub for AZ anymore, so they would have to rely entirely on O&D traffic. AA, on the other hand, can offer connections to the rest of Florida, Latin America, and even LAX/SFO (although that's not the best routing from LAX/SFO-MXP).

I was going to say SAN would also theoretically work as an out-of-the-way connection, then I remembered that SAN-MIA is a single daily red-eye, which apparently means that it's all about O&D, or for connections that involve only the Caribbean.

LipeGIG

Thu May 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Quoting nostromopilot (Reply 9):
Alright, what's next?
My money is on Cordoba, Argentina, Belem/Fortaleza, Brazil, Georgetown, Guyana then Paramaribo, Suriname... and

FOR is highly expected... I believe they will do it before June 2014 to allow AA to fly to almost all World Cup cities, with just 2 exceptions (Natal and Cuiaba). AA already covers 7 out of 12 host cities, soon to add POA and CWB.

Quoting SCL767 (Thread starter):
American will finally launch MIA-MXP starting on November 21! The new route will operate daily utilizing the B763. Great news for MIA and MXP!

Indeed. Very good news as it allows easy access to the majority of the Caribbean for Milan passengers.
It will for sure capture some of the FCO-MIA market.
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

jasoncrh

Thu May 30, 2013 3:47 pm

FASHION! and dont forget Donatella Versace and her minions...

rutankrd

Thu May 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Quoting flymia (Reply 11):
The flight makes sense. Great news from MIA and AA. So that is a 5th daily European destination from MIA for AA. LHR, CDG, MAD, BCN and MXP. Wonder if we will see any others pop up in the next year or two.

Possibly Manchester seasonally (Northern Winter)

TWA902fly

Thu May 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Alright, what's next?

I imagine a 757 could make MIA-COR, its only barely over 4000sm, and winds/ETOPS aren't too much of a factor on this N/S routing. Longer routes have been done with the 757.

As far as JNB, I would think AA would do this if they had the right aircraft, but the truth is that MIA-JNB is 8061sm, which would make it AA's longest route by far (currently JFK-HND I believe), and over 500sm longer than ORD-DEL that used to be operated. The 77W could do it with a noticeable payload hit, as MIA-JNB is longer than LAX-MEL... but profitability is another question. I believe this would also be at the very max of the 787-9's range which AA has on order. One thing AA does have going for it is BA/Comair on the JNB end of the route to provide some extra feed. Another option could be MIA-CPT, which is 7668sm, and thus could be done by the 777-200ER, I imagine, although DL had little success at CPT from my understanding, although that wasn't nonstop. Either way, a difficult, ultra-long-haul route.

Another route i wanted to point out that I think AA could do from MIA is LOS. Even though UA has IAH-LOS, and DL ATL-LOS, the LOS market continues to grow, and MIA-LOS is well within the range of the 763. Could be something for AA to try.

And even more out of the box is LAD - which I know DL announced at one point, but for whatever reasons never started. (I assume the reasons were either Angola's refusal to grant rights for the route, as they are notoriously protective over their home market, somebody please correct me if my assumption is wrong). I would think the market here would be the oil industry, and while AA's MIA hub is much weaker domestically than DL's ATL, it could offer the IAH-MIA-LAD and other major connections necessary to make the route work. Would love to hear other member's opinions on this. Also if anyone has better insight into the United States-LAD market, would love to hear about the traffic flows outside of my guess at IAH.

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

flymia

Thu May 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Quoting rutankrd (Reply 15):

Would like to see them try MAN again. There are some other destinations in Europe though with more passengers than MAN without a flight to MIA though.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

AJMIA

Thu May 30, 2013 5:12 pm

I believe we are going to see more AA service to Europe from MIA...
Possible additions that I have heard mentioned are...

SVO
CDG #2
LHR #3
BUD
FRA
FCO

AJMIA
Lady it's a jet... not a kite.

MAH4546

Thu May 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Manchester and Zurich are the most likely next destinations, but the chances of seeing something before winter 2014-15 are slim.
a.

oc2dc

Thu May 30, 2013 5:27 pm

I feel like all of us have been crying for this route for years. I'm so glad AA is finally opening up to new ideas. I'm hoping this new route is a sign of whats to come from the new American.

So that is a 5th daily European destination from MIA for AA. LHR, CDG, MAD, BCN and MXP. Wonder if we will see any others pop up in the next year or two.

Wow, when you put it into perspective, they have a relatively good connection to Europe from MIA. It's on par with ORD if you count the fact that most ORD-Europe flights are seasonal. Could MIA surpass ORD in flights to Europe?

That leads to my next question.

Alright, what's next?

I would say MIA-FRA but Lufthansa seems to dominate that market like it's nobodies business. If AA is up for some competition then they might be able to make it work. Plus, it's unfortunate how much AA has drawn down at FRA. One measly flight on a 763 from DFW isn't going to cut if they want to be known as a global carrier.

Quoting rutankrd (Reply 15):

This also seems like it could work. On that same note, would AA be willing to chase leisure travel from northern Europe during the winter? Perhaps MIA-HEL. They could do ORD-HEL during the spring and summer months and then switch it over to MIA for the Fall and Winter.

Also, what about MIA-MUC? There is currently no competition on the route...Granted, i'm not sure if there is much of a market (maybe Winter Seasonal for all the people freezing over in the snow).
I'm not complaining, I'm critiquing...

oc2dc

Thu May 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Quoting AJMIA (Reply 18):
SVO
CDG #2
LHR #3
BUD
FRA
FCO

When I was in Miami a couple months ago I couldn't help but notice how many Russians were around. SVO might indeed be a great add.

I'm trying to figure out how BUD plays into the picture considering they no longer have MA to help feed them on the BUD side. Am i missing something about Hungarian business ties or population?

I'm surprised MIA-TLV hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet. Yes, Yes, we know about the court case in Israel, but assuming they clear that hurdle, MIA-TLV could be a great opportunity.

MXP is an excellent add and I'm excited to see what's in store for MIA in the future. Perhaps it will not only be a Latin gateway but one to Europe as well.
I'm not complaining, I'm critiquing...

runway23

Thu May 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Quoting Mah4546 (Reply 19):
Manchester and Zurich are the most likely next destinations, but the chances of seeing something before winter 2014-15 are slim.

Any expansion on the horizon ex JFK or ORD in the meantime ?

IrishAyes

Thu May 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Quoting TWA902fly (Reply 16):
AA's longest route by far (currently JFK-HND I believe)
SVO
CDG #2
LHR #3
BUD
FRA
FCO
Quoting oc2dc (Reply 20):
It's on par with ORD if you count the fact that most ORD-Europe flights are seasonal. Could MIA surpass ORD in flights to Europe?

Actually, during the winter months, Miami will surpass ORD in terms of the number of daily seats flown to Europe.

It looks like for the summer months, these are the number of daily seats each city is sending to Europe:

Chicago
Total daily seats: 2,073

1x DUB 763
1x DUS 763
1x LHR 763
3x LHR 772
1x MAN 75L
1x CDG 763
1x FCO 763

Miami
Total daily seats: 1,183

1x BCN 763
2x LHR 772
1x MAD 763
1x CDG 763

For the winter months, with MXP added into the mix from MIA, and DUB and FCO removed from ORD, we have:

Chicago
Total daily seats: 1,340

1x DUS 763 (technically 6w)
2x LHR 763
1x LHR 772
1x MAN 75L
1x CDG 763

Miami
Total daily seats: 1,408.

1x BCN 763
2x LHR 772
1x MAD 763
1x MXP 763
1x CDG 763

During the summer months, ORD will still outpace MIA by a few hundred daily seats.
confidence is silent. insecurities are loud.

crAAzy

Thu May 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Quoting IrishAyes (Reply 23):
Chicago

1x DUB 763
1x DUS 763
1x LHR 763
3x LHR 772
1x MAN 75L
1x CDG 763
1x FCO 763

HEL too ... no?

IrishAyes

Thu May 30, 2013 6:14 pm

AA's longest route by far (currently JFK-HND I believe)

Actually, ORD-PVG is the longest route currently in the AA system.

SVO
CDG #2
LHR #3
BUD
FRA
FCO

No need for a second daily CDG flight. LHR is covered by the TATL JV with BA, and together, both airlines operate a 2x 777 and 2x 744 on MIA-LHR which is plenty.

Quoting runway23 (Reply 22):
Any expansion on the horizon ex JFK or ORD in the meantime ?

A lot of dynamics will change with the AA-US merger. PHL will become the primary TATL gateway hub to Europe, offering domestic to international connections, whereas JFK can be used to open up more O&D routes (the model will be similar to what DL has done with ATL and JFK, using ATL to serve as the 1-stop connecting hub between the US and key European business cities, and JFK to focus more on O&D routes).

Not really sure what low-hanging fruit exists for ORD in Europe. Even though it would be nice to see ORD restored to "megahub" status in the AA route system, with abundant intercontinental routes, I think that it is more logical for American to grow the ORD hub conservatively and defend market share and corporate contracts where necessary and lucrative.

MAH4546

Thu May 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Quoting IrishAyes (Reply 25):
both airlines operate a 2x 777 and 2x 744 on MIA-LHR which is plenty.

It's going up in the winter. Four additional 744s/wk.
a.

jfklganyc

Thu May 30, 2013 6:39 pm

SVO
CDG #2
LHR #3
BUD
FRA
FCO

I can see LHR #3. I can see FRA seasonally. The rest is a stretch.

Quoting IrishAyes (Reply 25):
(the model will be similar to what DL has done with ATL and JFK, using ATL to serve as the 1-stop connecting hub between the US and key European business cities, and JFK to focus more on O&D routes).

Delta has more Euro flights from JFK than ATL.

Sevensixtyseven

Thu May 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Quoting oc2dc (Reply 21):

Both Transaero and Aeroflot have VKO-MIA and SVO-MIA, respectively. Transaero has a twice weekly 747, and Aeroflot sends an A332 once a week, but will be upgauging for the winter to 3x week. I'm not sure if the market could use yet another service (MIA-DME).
Will that ex-HP 752 get delayed...again?

JAAlbert

Thu May 30, 2013 7:51 pm

What type of aircraft will AA fly between MIA and MXP? I assume for the time being a 763, but will AA change to a newer aircraft and if so, what?

RWA380

Thu May 30, 2013 8:06 pm

I doubt AZ has the resources to re-start the route. Given AZs financials I think this would be a disaster for AZ.

MIA-TLV could be a great opportunity

LY could not make MIA work, why would AA? The MIA hub good for connections from Caribbean, Central and South American destinations, but how much traffic is there from Argentina to Israel? I think the route would have to rely on a fair percentage of O/D for it to work properly, and again if LY couldn't make that O/D route work, how would AA make it happen, with triple fuel prices?
Next Flights: PDX-HNL-OGG-LIH-PDX On AS, WP & HA

coachclass

Thu May 30, 2013 8:09 pm

As far as JNB, I would think AA would do this if they had the right aircraft, but the truth is that MIA-JNB is 8061sm, which would make it AA's longest route by far

I think the answer is a routing to CPT/JNB via EZE/GIG/GRU. If they got the right authorities, they could make quite a successful route with a stopover in South America. Imagine a routing of LHR/MIA/GIG/CPT/LHR with BA doing the last leg.

IrishAyes

Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Quoting crAAzy (Reply 24):
HEL too ... no?

Oh my gosh, yes, good catch!

That brings the number to 2,298 for ORD, but obviously doesn't really impact the data that much otherwise since for Winter, the number is the same.

Quoting JAAlbert (Reply 29):
What type of aircraft will AA fly between MIA and MXP? I assume for the time being a 763, but will AA change to a newer aircraft and if so, what?

It will be a 767-300. The aircraft is appropriate to start with. American rarely uses 777s to non-LHR markets in Europe, with the exception of a select few from DFW during the peak summer season (FRA, MAD).

MAH4546

Thu May 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 30):
and again if LY couldn't make that O/D route work, how would AA make it happen, with triple fuel prices?

But LY did make it work. And then fuel shot up to $150. And a 762 between Miami and Tel Aviv with 200 seats is going to make money at that price. And when LY finally got an extra pair of 772s to relaunch Miami, Israel became category II and the planes went to launch a now-discontinued GRU service. With Israel recently back to cat I, its only a matter of when El Al returns, not if. MIATLV is not much smaller a local market than MIAMXP and larger than MIABCN.
a.

MD80Nut

Thu May 30, 2013 9:04 pm

I suppose any additional AA destinations in Europe from MIA will depend to some extent on how well MIA-MXP performs. What were Alitalia's loads like when they had a 777 on the route?

While South Florida's Russian population is sizeble and growing, as another poster says, there's already Transaero and Aeroflot flying Miami - Moscow even if it's not daily. And AA doesn't fly to Moscow at all as far as I know. I don't see it as a likely route for them.

AA already uses Air Berlin as it's MIA to Germany service. I'd love to see them take on LH to Frankfurt, though. Munich would be nice too. But if I was going to bet on something, it would be more destinations in Latin America.

Cheers, Ralph
Fly Douglas Jets DC-8 / DC-9 / DC-10 / MD80 / MD11 / MD90 / 717

fxramper

Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Quoting commavia (Reply 1):

AA should have done this years a go. UA does great on EWR-MXP. Would love to see a MIA-FCO for AA.

This is a joke, right?

flymia

Thu May 30, 2013 9:37 pm

LY could not make MIA work, why would AA? The MIA hub good for connections from Caribbean, Central and South American destinations, but how much traffic is there from Argentina to Israel? I think the route would have to rely on a fair percentage of O/D for it to work properly, and again if LY couldn't make that O/D route work, how would AA make it happen, with triple fuel prices?

As already stated the only reason it did not work was because of a 762 and fuel going to historical highs when the flight was going on. They have not been back to MIA because of the CAT II status now that has changed I expect EL AL in MIA soon. If not then once AA/US gets the TLV thing figured out I could easily see MIA-TLV on AA. The market is a good one. Plenty of O/D traffic and business ties.

Quoting MD80Nut (Reply 34):
But if I was going to bet on something, it would be more destinations in Latin America.

Certainly will be. However off the top of my head there are not too many cities I can think of which don't already have AA service from MIA. Certainly there are some but not a whole lot left. Would be interesting to compile a list of large cities in South America which do not have service from AA to MIA.

csavel

Thu May 30, 2013 9:52 pm

LY could not make MIA work, why would AA? The MIA hub good for connections from Caribbean, Central and South American destinations, but how much traffic is there from Argentina to Israel? I think the route would have to rely on a fair percentage of O/D for it to work properly

Probably almost all O/D
Remember the US doesn't allow transit passengers in w/o clearing immigration, and most if not all of South America/Caribbean requires visas to get to the US and Israelis need visas to get to the US. So who in their right mind would transit @ Miami? BTW This probably goes for almost all routes ex. Miami. It is highly likely all O/D - at least from the Miami end.
I may be ugly. I may be an American. But don't call me an ugly American.

DUSint

Thu May 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Quoting IrishAyes (Reply 23):
Chicago

1x DUB 763
1x DUS 763
1x LHR 763
3x LHR 772
1x MAN 75L
1x CDG 763
1x FCO 763

Miami
Total daily seats: 1,183

1x BCN 763
2x LHR 772
1x MAD 763
1x CDG 763

For the winter months, with MXP added into the mix from MIA, and DUB and FCO removed from ORD, we have:

Chicago
Total daily seats: 1,340

1x DUS 763 (technically 6w)
2x LHR 763
1x LHR 772
1x MAN 75L
1x CDG 763

Miami
Total daily seats: 1,408.

1x BCN 763
2x LHR 772
1x MAD 763
1x MXP 763
1x CDG 763

I know, it is not on AA metal... But there is also a daily OneWorld MIA-DUS in the summer and 6x weekly in the winter by AB.
AA and AB seem to get into a quite intense relationship.

[Edited 2013-05-30 15:25:28]

MAH4546

Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Quoting csavel (Reply 37):
Probably almost all O/D
Remember the US doesn't allow transit passengers in w/o clearing immigration, and most if not all of South America/Caribbean requires visas to get to the US and Israelis need visas to get to the US.

Ugh. This again?

It's not a major issue, or MIA wouldn't be the hub it is! There is something called a multi-year visa. For some places it's good for ten years! And if you are travelling a lot and are from South America or Israel, thre is a good chance one has a multi-year U.S. entry visa.
a.

SCL767
Topic Author

Thu May 30, 2013 10:38 pm

most if not all of South America/Caribbean requires visas to get to the US

Soon Chilean citizens may not even require a U.S. visa to enter the U.S. or to transit via the U.S.

PRAirbus

Thu May 30, 2013 10:46 pm

The downside is that AA will operate on a dated 763!!! That's a downer!  

MAH4546

Fri May 31, 2013 12:44 am

Quoting PRAirbus (Reply 41):

The long-haul 763 fleet is getting brand-new interiors starting in January 2014.
a.

N62NA

Fri May 31, 2013 1:09 am

Remember the US doesn't allow transit passengers in w/o clearing immigration, and most if not all of South America/Caribbean requires visas to get to the US and Israelis need visas to get to the US. So who in their right mind would transit @ Miami?

I suppose for some it's not a totally awful experience getting a visa to the USA - even if you just intend to transfer from one international flight to another. But for so many others, it's such a hassle, and there are so many other options from friendlier countries that if I wasn't a U.S. citizen, I would avoid getting involved with the U.S. government if at all possible.

One other point - after all these years, we still don't have a GRU-MIA MIA-LHR (morning flight) connection service on AA.

LipeGIG

Fri May 31, 2013 1:18 am

Quoting N62NA (Reply 43):
One other point - after all these years, we still don't have a GRU-MIA MIA-LHR (morning flight) connection service on AA

Probably because there's GRU-LHR, GIG-LHR and EZE-LHR overnight services.
A daylight MIA-LHR would have to rely on early morning arrivals from other markets, and local O&D, and would have to stay overnight in London, as the return flight would not allow connections at MIA. Better to do a afternoon or evening MIA-LHR.
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

EricR

Fri May 31, 2013 1:36 am

Quoting PRAirbus (Reply 41):

Never fear, the new US management team is here. They will fix this issue.

AeroWesty

Fri May 31, 2013 1:46 am

Quoting N62NA (Reply 43):
One other point - after all these years, we still don't have a GRU-MIA MIA-LHR (morning flight) connection service on AA.

AA 950 -> AA 142 via JFK accomplishes the same thing.
International Homo of Mystery

delta2ual

Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 am

Growing Italian community in Miami

There is a sizable Italian population in MIA, but I thought it was bigger than it actually is. I'm moving to MIA for a new job this Fall, and I asked the consulate official in Chicago about the diaspora there when I went to pick up my Italian passport. He said that Chicago was quite a bit larger. This surprised me because I thought most of the Italians in Chicago were 2nd & 3rd generation. Believe it or not, the Detroit area now has a growing Italian community due to the FIAT partial buyout of Chrysler, which has their HQ in Auburn Hills.
At any rate, the Russian population is growing much faster in Miami. I hope this route succeeds because I prefer non-stops, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes seasonal.

When I was in Miami a couple months ago I couldn't help but notice how many Russians were around. SVO might indeed be a great add.

From the world's largest airline-to the world's largest airline. Delta2ual

MAH4546

Fri May 31, 2013 2:48 am

Quoting delta2ual (Reply 47):
There is a sizable Italian population in MIA, but I thought it was bigger than it actually is. I'm moving to MIA for a new job this Fall, and I asked the consulate official in Chicago about the diaspora there when I went to pick up my Italian passport. He said that Chicago was quite a bit larger.

Miami has the second largest Italian-born community in the United States, numbering around 50,000-60,000.

Chicago and Boston have larger Italian-American communities, of course, but there are more Italian-born in Miami; many though came to Miami by way of Argentina or Venezuela.

Italians are the largest European community in Miami; but it's just a matter of when, not if, Russians become the largest.

[Edited 2013-05-30 19:49:09]
a.

_AA_777_MAN

Fri May 31, 2013 3:02 am

Quoting DUSint (Reply 38):
I know, it is not on AA metal... But there is also a daily OneWorld MIA-DUS in the summer and 6x weekly in the winter by AB.
AA and AB seem to get into a quite intense relationship.

Well if you want to go that route AB also operates ORD-TXL.