N328KF
Topic Author

Former United HQ Signage For Sale

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:30 am

United is selling their signage from the RR Donnelley building. This is the old logo with the tulip. Funds will go to their college scholarship fund:

http://consumerist.com/2013/06/28/yo...me-from-former-united-airlines-hq/
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

TWA772LR

RE: Former United HQ Signage For Sale

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:55 am

How about CO? I know they were having auctions for the employees of those signs with the destinations.
Beauty is watching a 787 bank to make a short final. Bliss is watching that 787 with a good beer. Nirvana is all of that with a beautiful woman on your side.

VC10er

RE: Former United HQ Signage For Sale

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:14 pm

The UNITED plus TULIP sign for sale is huge. The letters are 5 feet tall, making it, w tulip, extremely long. I would love a 2 foot tall tulip, but who the hell is going to buy this and where would they put it?

I think they should have auctioned off the old spring loaded business seats, especially the leather ones from the p.s aircraft. For the "recliner era" they were extremely comfortable and a row of 2, 3 or 4 would have been great in your den w a giant flat-screen TV. Yes, they would need to be blasted by an apolstry cleaner!

I do believe there are other items up for auction too.
The world is missing love, let's use our flights to spread it!