Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Frontier TTN Thread Part 4

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 am

Previous Thread: Frontier TTN Smart Move Part 3 (by iowaman May 24 2013 in Civil Aviation)

Mercer County Freeholders approve bids for TTN parking and terminal modifications
http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...ions_at_trenton-mercer_airpor.html

Highlights of the article:
* $3.4 million bid for parking lots goes to Waters and Bugbee of Hamilton NJ (http://www.watersandbugbee.com/)
* $820,000 bid for Terminal Renovations (pax flow and baggage claim) goes to USA General Contractors of Elizabeth, NJ
* Parking will have 1225 spaces (3 major parking lots and a small employee/rental car lot)
* Employee/Rental Car Lot will serve as a cell phone lot as well
Webmaster of an unoffical TTN page see profile for details

GentFromAlaska

RE: Frontier TTN Thread Part 4

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Does anyone have an update on TTN proposed PFC application request. From my vantage point the PFC is administrative function which the DOT approves at TTN implements. TTN request seems to be moving at a snails pace.
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

John

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I wonder just how committed F9's new owners will be to TTN and ILG for that matter. Will the same management team be running the company?

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Well, if the buyer is Indigo Partners, they might not be too happy with the idea of TTN/ILG as they have a 20% stake in Spirit Airlines which currently flies out of Philly. They wouldn't want to dilute profits for NK. Besides the fact that if F9 becomes a NK clone they'll turn to crap. If F9 were to pull out of TTN/ILG I could see Alliegant coming to atleast TTN, perhaps ILG. Hopefully this doesn't come to pass.

crj900lr

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 am

Quoting John (Reply 2):
I wonder just how committed F9's new owners will be to TTN and ILG for that matter

It's day by day with this company. They will be there one day and gone the next. If I were any airport that this company serves I wouldn't think long term with them. Lot of money being spent on TTN, hopefully they got something lined up incase F9 decides to leave.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:53 am

Quoting crj900lr (Reply 4):
Lot of money being spent on TTN, hopefully they got something lined up incase F9 decides to leave.

As I said in my last post I think G4 would be willing to give TTN a shot, may only be to FL cities like SFB, PIE, and PDG but it would be something.

GentFromAlaska

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Quoting crj900lr (Reply 4):
If I were any airport that this company serves I wouldn't think long term with them

Your use of "any" is a strong statement. F9 serves 128 destinations across any given year including DEN. There may be a handful on the potential chopping block. The truth be known most are safe.

IMO F9 seems to raise the    when they see a loss of market share to other carriers at airports where they compete. Not everybody wants to fly West.

The new owners would be foolish to kabash a sole source market that works. I have a hunch the new potential owners gave the nod for the new five year lease. The new second gate jerseyguy mentioned is interesting. I wonder if F9 has leased it or will it be a available as a general use gate.

If F9 plays their cards right ILG could be another niche market. I'd find a way to connect the two airports on the ground with 58 miles separating the two. Possibly to take advantage of ILG longer runway(s) for DEN. ILG would be attractive over PHL and EWR for no other reason than the lack of crowds at screening etc. I'd like to see one daily ILG-DEN and one daily ILG-OPF OPF/Opa-Locka-Executive-Airport" target="_blank">http://skyvector.com/airport/OPF/Opa-Locka-Executive-Airport

THEFLLFLYER

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 6):
I'd like to see one daily ILG-DEN

F9 already serves ILG-DEN.

GentFromAlaska

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Quoting THEFLLFLYER (Reply 7):

They most certainly do. Thanks for keeping me in    brainfartitis I suppose

mariner

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Quoting jerseyguy (Reply 3):
Well, if the buyer is Indigo Partners, they might not be too happy with the idea of TTN/ILG as they have a 20% stake in Spirit Airlines which currently flies out of Philly. They wouldn't want to dilute profits for NK.

Indigo Partners is cashing up and getting out of Spirit and Indigo's William Franke is resigning from the Spirit BOD:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/spirit...nounces-sale-common-203917312.html

Spirit Airlines, Inc. (SAVE) announced today the public offering of 12,070,920 shares of common stock by certain existing stockholders affiliated with Indigo Partners LLC ("Indigo"). Upon completion of the offering, investment funds affiliated with Indigo will no longer own shares of common stock of Spirit Airlines. The company will not receive any proceeds from this offering. Barclays is acting as the sole underwriter for the offering.

In connection with the offering, the Company also announced that Messrs. William A. Franke and John R. Wilson have informed the Company that upon completion of the offering, they expect to resign as directors at the next board meeting, presently scheduled for August 7, 2013. Upon Mr. Franke's resignation, the Company's board intends to elect Mr. H. McIntyre Gardner, a director since 2010, as Chairman of the Board.

While I'd be fairly sure that Frontier will continue to develop as ULCC, IF Indigo were to buy Frontier there would be no conflict of interest with Spirit.

mariner
aeternum nauta

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 9):
Indigo Partners is cashing up and getting out of Spirit and Indigo's William Franke is resigning from the Spirit BOD:

Well I guess that points more to this "deal" being with Indigo. Which will probably turn it into a Spirit clone   Guess I'll be using my award ticket that I earned soon.

Flytravel

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:11 pm

Quoting jerseyguy (Reply 10):
Well I guess that points more to this "deal" being with Indigo. Which will probably turn it into a Spirit clone Guess I'll be using my award ticket that I earned soon.

With Spirit or Frontier, one can get a sub $100 fare, one checked bag, one drink, all in for about $100, on a route from the Philly region (via TTN, ILG or ACY) to Chicago (MDW, ORD) with just 7-10 days advance purchase. The lowest Southwest will go on it's WGA, requiring a three weeks purchase in advance, is like $140 one-way. The legacies will match Southwest fares out of PHL to ORD even though WN flies to MDW.

I do find Frontier's seats comfortable. It'd be unfortunate to see if it adopted the high density configuration and truly turned to a Spirit clone, but those planes do fill either way and the goal is to still keep low fares while making a profit, so perhaps that measure to squeeze more rows will be adopted as the compromise. Tall people will just pay $10 for an aisle seat and have one leg sticking out for the flight.

Quoting jerseyguy (Reply 5):
As I said in my last post I think G4 would be willing to give TTN a shot, may only be to FL cities like SFB, PIE, and PDG but it would be something.

If F9 left, I'd think NK or B6 would consider service. Both like to do Florida service and F9 only proved these airports can get crowds.

[Edited 2013-07-29 16:11:53]

mariner

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Well I guess that points more to this "deal" being with Indigo. Which will probably turn it into a Spirit clone  

Well, maybe. The omens would seem to point in that direction - BB did say that the deal is contingent on certain third party events beyond Republic's control and I guess this could count as one such.

But Indigo or someone else, it's been made very clear that Frontier would evolve into ULCC. They tried being something else and regularly lost money.

All the hand-wringing from the Frontier old-timers seems to ignore that essential fact.

Guess I'll be using my award ticket that I earned soon.

Fair enough.

mariner
aeternum nauta

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:42 pm

Quoting Flytravel (Reply 11):
I do find Frontier's seats comfortable. It'd be unfortunate to see if it adopted the high density configuration and truly turned to a Spirit clone, but those planes do fill either way and the goal is to still keep low fares while making a profit, so perhaps that measure to squeeze more rows will be adopted as the compromise. Tall people will just pay $10 for an aisle seat and have one leg sticking out for the flight.

Being totally honest this is my worst fear as far as ULCC route goes. 28" inch pitch is just too low for me and while I'm tall, I think its not fun for short people either. If they were to keep stretch seating I may be able to live with that but if they go down the "Sardine Seating" path, I doubt they would stick to "Stretch Seating".

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Well it appears F9 is being bought out by Indigo and will be a Spirit Airlines clone.
(http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...87324354704578638130697023770.html)

I wonder whether this makes TTN less viable, can't imagine all of the pax who are flying F9@TTN now will enjoy "Sardine Seating" (28" Non reclining seats). Will any other carrier enter TTN? Probably not. It would be great if B6 entered with MCO and FLL service they would have connections to AUS, LAX, SFO, CUN, Lots of places in the Carribean and Panama and Columbia.

mariner

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Quoting Jerseyguy (Reply 14):
I wonder whether this makes TTN less viable, can't imagine all of the pax who are flying F9@TTN now will enjoy "Sardine Seating" (28" Non reclining seats).

People fly Spirit in big numbers. Why wouldn't that same crowd fly Frontier?

mariner
aeternum nauta

illinoisman

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 pm

New parking fees at TTN? Way to mess it up Freeholders...one of the only reasons people use the airport is free parking (it's certainly not the flight schedules). Never fails, once the government figures out they can charge for something, they immediately go forward without considering the consequences. The arrangement at the airport should be that the county build the garage and include the costs as part of the fees for F9 to use the airport. When the garage is paid off, the fees associated with the construction of the garage should drop. They are only building the garage so people can fly in and out on F9, and it provides a much needed/appreciated service to Mercer County. The county should not be in "business" to profit but only to provide service to it's community.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 15):
People fly Spirit in big numbers. Why wouldn't that same crowd fly Frontier?

Sorry letting my personal feelings for Spirits pitch and customer service effect my thought process. I forgot $ is king over comfort to people.

mariner

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Quoting illinoisman (Reply 16):
The arrangement at the airport should be that the county build the garage and include the costs as part of the fees for F9 to use the airport.

The fly in that ointment is that Frontier would likely leave the airport if those fees were raised.

But last I heard, the Freeholders had postponed any decision on parking fees. perhaps I've missed something?

Quoting Jerseyguy (Reply 17):
Sorry letting my personal feelings for Spirits pitch and customer service effect my thought process. I forgot $ is king over comfort to people.

Myself, I wouldn't worry about any of this until it happens, and there is no deal for Indigo to buy Frontier yet. It seems possible, even likely, but it is not carved in granite.

More generally, any business needs to make money.

Back in about 2004/5 Frontier tried offering the goodies and yet it consistently lost money. Since it has headed towards ULCC it has changed its fortunes.

Same thing killed Midwest. People loved the goodies, but not enough of them and not paying high enough fares.

mariner

[Edited 2013-07-30 14:03:07]
aeternum nauta

GentFromAlaska

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:14 pm

The arrangement at the airport should be that the county build the garage and include the costs as part of the fees for F9 to use the airport. When the garage is paid off, the fees associated with the construction of the garage should drop. They are only building the garage so people can fly in and out on F9, and it provides a much needed/appreciated service to Mercer County. The county

What garage. I'm under the impression TTN is building parking lot(s) at a much lower cost. When all is said and done I believe ther are suppose to be 1200+ parking spaces

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 19):
What garage. I'm under the impression TTN is building parking lot(s) at a much lower cost. When all is said and done I believe ther are suppose to be 1200+ parking spaces

No its definately parking lots, there will be 4 of them. 3 will be major lots for passenger parking and the 4th will be a small lot for car rental, employees and a cell phone lot. Yes it will be approximately 1200+ spaces.

one of the only reasons people use the airport is free parking (it's certainly not the flight schedules)

No its definately not for the schedules, but I'd say its

#1 Cheaper Price
#2 Convenience (Closer for most people and faster security)

FREE parking is a bonus.

GentFromAlaska

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:42 pm

Not to tread on on Jerseyguys thunder; it looks like TTN is going to remain open during the rehab for the small fliers. I suppose this means the terminal too. http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...ring_renovations.html#incart_river

illinoisman

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:01 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 18):
The fly in that ointment is that Frontier would likely leave the airport if those fees were raised.
Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 19):
I'm under the impression TTN is building parking lot(s) at a much lower cost. When all is said and done I believe ther are suppose to be 1200+ parking spaces.

Great, so when F9 pulls out like every other commercial airline that's been there, the folks will be stuck with the bill.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:14 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 21):
Not to tread on on Jerseyguys thunder; it looks like TTN is going to remain open during the rehab for the small fliers. I suppose this means the terminal too.

Not a Problem, Gent. It would be good if the terminal was open, it would help me get shots of the construction though, with the parking lots being redone it might not happen. Though I am less interested now with the possibility of F9 squeezing in more seats if the Indigo deal goes thru. Hoping F9 keeps stretch seating at a decent price as that might get me to continue to use TTN.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:20 pm

Quoting illinoisman (Reply 22):
Great, so when F9 pulls out like every other commercial airline that's been there, the folks will be stuck with the bill.

Pretty much except I think it fits in with its new ULCC model, its costs are low and its an alternate to EWR and PHL. Plus I think if F9 would pull out someone like G4, NK, or even perhaps B6 with flights to FL that could connect in MCO or FLL to the Caribbean.

GentFromAlaska

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:48 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 18):
Quoting illinoisman (Reply 22):

In my mind F9 raised the bar and committed itself to TTN for the long haul by entering into the five year lease when they could have exercised a one or two year extension option in the original lease. With that said the airline biz makes me scratch my head sometimes.

From my vantage point F9 is too far in at TTN to let it go. And why should they? The market according to everything I've read is far exceeding expectations.

The new lease changes the playing field. Although there is likely one or more escape clauses F9 would still be required to pay a decent amount to terminate the lease. There aren't too may TTN left out there at least domestically.

GentFromAlaska

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:21 pm

I took a look at the RITA transtats for TTN for April 2013. The May stats should be published in the next few days. As suspected MCO is the #1 traveled market. TTN&Airport_Name=Trenton,%20NJ:%20Trenton%20Mercer&carrier=FACTS" target="_blank">http://www.transtats.bts.gov/airport...:%20Trenton%20Mercer&carrier=FACTS

Curiosity got the best of me so I checked MCO stats and had to do a double when I saw PHL came in #3 and EWR # 4 from MCO across all carriers who fly the routes. TTN being snuggled roughly between both.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Not bad a 89% load factor for April when they started all the Non-FL routes and Easter was in March this year as well
We don't know what the yield was but getting people to start traveling out of the airport is good.

GentFromAlaska

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:59 pm

On F9 ULCC side Southern Airways Express http://www.iflysouthern.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=pubDsp.dspAboutUs might be a potential code share partner for F9 out of MSY
with MSY having feed from both DEN and seasonally form TTN. I'm assuming Southeast Airways Express validates parking at MSY because to my understanding parking cost at MSY unless another airport is used.

The carrier operates two focus cities at MEM and Destin Florida. As a regional it sort of mimics a K5 clone. I'm still educating myself on their fleet.

Southern Airways Express at a regional level borrows the free parking ideology at TTN (at least for now) by flying to smaller airports who offer free parking (14 day max). The carrier also does not charge a baggage fee. As a charter operator they promise faster boarding times.

Southern Airways Express flights are public charters, regulated under 14 CFR Part 380, and are subject to Department of Transportation public charter regulations.

Southern Airways Express received consideration status for smarter-travel.com

THEFLLFLYER

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 28):
On F9 ULCC side Southern Airways Express http://www.iflysouthern.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=pubDsp.dspAboutUs might be a potential code share partner for F9 out of MSY
with MSY having feed from both DEN and seasonally form TTN. I'm assuming Southeast Airways Express validates parking at MSY because to my understanding parking cost at MSY unless another airport is used.

The carrier operates two focus cities at MEM and Destin Florida. As a regional it sort of mimics a K5 clone. I'm still educating myself on their fleet.

Southern Airways Express at a regional level borrows the free parking ideology at TTN (at least for now) by flying to smaller airports who offer free parking (14 day max). The carrier also does not charge a baggage fee. As a charter operator they promise faster boarding times.

Southern Airways Express flights are public charters, regulated under 14 CFR Part 380, and are subject to Department of Transportation public charter regulations.

Southern Airways Express received consideration status for smarter-travel.com

One problem.....

Southern does not serve MSY. It serves NEW.

GentFromAlaska

Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Quoting THEFLLFLYER (Reply 29):
One problem.....

Southern does not serve MSY. It serves NEW.

Well that does create a sort of problem. I suppose F9 could move their ops to NEW NEW/Lakefront-Airport" target="_blank">http://skyvector.com/airport/NEW/Lakefront-Airport . I don't know if NEW has terminal facilities but it does have three runways; 18/36 being 6,879' x 150'

If that F9 has served SDH just about anything is possible.

For the adventurous type; land at MSY and sightsee out of NEW.

The aerial photo reminds me of Sitka, Alaska minus the mountains

MSYtristar

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 30):
I don't know if NEW has terminal facilities but it does have three runways; 18/36 being 6,879' x 150'

The historic art deco terminal building should re-open soon...possibly next month.

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworlea...-148/art-deco-lakefront-airport-to

Southern Airways Express uses the FlightLine First FBO which is just across the way from the main terminal.

I remember in late 90's the airport director of NEW was courting HP for PHX service. They eventually added New Orleans but, not surprisingly, to MSY instead.

F9 to NEW would be a real long shot.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:53 pm

They've put KTTN up at LIVE ATC
Listening currently to F9 920 from RDU

http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=KTTN

and ILG as well though there is a major hiss on the line
http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=KILG

GentFromAlaska

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Quoting jerseyguy (Reply 32):

Kudo's to the Ham radio (or equivalent) operator in the region who agreed to piggy back to host the signal.

[Edited 2013-08-12 07:58:25]

GentFromAlaska

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Quoting jerseyguy (Reply 32):
They've put KTTN up at LIVE ATC

Because the LIveATC broadcast supports both the TTN ground and tower. I'm assuming we should hear the hand off from PHL to TTN.

I'm currently watching the ATL-TTN flight and a little further behind it is the MSY-TTN flight on flight aware with LiveATC minimized in the background.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:54 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 34):
Because the LIveATC broadcast supports both the TTN ground and tower. I'm assuming we should hear the hand off from PHL to TTN.

Yep, earlier today I heard "Frontier 933 (TTN-ATL) contact Philly Departure on one two four dot three five"
Its not too long only a few minutes after cleared for takeoff that they do the hand over.

Oh and they are also doing maintenance around the fence near the threshold of Runway 34..

[Edited 2013-08-12 17:56:14]

GentFromAlaska

Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Courtesy LAXIntl SCASD thread. It look like TTN has applied for SCASD grant funding

Trenton, NJ
County of Mercer seeks $500,000 in grant award supplemented with $32,000 in local contribution to implement a ground transportation service, and intermodal transportation study. Lack of adequate mass transit options negatively impacts the marketability and ability to attract and accommodate additional air service at Trenton-Mercer Airport. With grant funding the county seeks to offer shuttle service connecting the airport terminals with one or more regional transportation hubs for rail and other bus lines offering more efficient access to the airport. Additionally airport seeks to fund a long term study in cooperation with other agencies to better align the regions intermodal transportation system.

burnsie28

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:41 pm

Flying into TTN tonight on F9 from Atlanta, seat map makes it look decently full (I know that's no indication of financials)

flyinryan99

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Quoting jerseyguy (Reply 35):
Yep, earlier today I heard "Frontier 933 (TTN-ATL) contact Philly Departure on one two four dot three five"
Its not too long only a few minutes after cleared for takeoff that they do the hand over.

Yep, they go to Philly Departure...heard FFT907 come off TTN while I was flying yesterday.

GentFromAlaska

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Frontier14

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 39):
the TTN parking verdict appears to be in

How does this proposed parking fee differ from the Philly airport charges?

mariner

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Quoting Frontier14 (Reply 40):
How does this proposed parking fee differ from the Philly airport charges?

Pretty well. The PHL parking charges differ depending on where you park:

http://www.phl.org/passengerinfo/dir...sparking/Pages/parkingGarages.aspx

"SHORT TERM (GROUND LEVEL):

Daily Rate: $40.00

FARE STRUCTURE
$4.00 up to .5 hours
$6.00 up to 1 hour
$8.00 up to 1.5 hours
$10.00 up to 2 hours
$12.00 up to 2.5 hours
$15.00 up to 3 hours
$17.00 up to 3.5 hours
$20.00 up to 4 hours
$40.00 up to 24 hours

GARAGE PARKING (UPPER LEVELS):

Daily Rate: $20.00

FARE STRUCTURE
$4.00 up to .5 hours
$6.00 up to 1 hour
$8.00 up to 1.5 hours
$10.00 up to 2 hours
$12.00 up to 2.5 hours
$15.00 up to 3 hours
$17.00 up to 3.5 hours
$20.00 up to 24 hours

REMOTE PARKING:

ECONOMY PARKING (Remote exterior lot located past Terminal F)

Daily Rate: $11:00

FARE STRUCTURE
Flat rate: $11:00

Blue & White shuttle buses are available 24 hours a day to and from the terminal.

mariner
aeternum nauta

GentFromAlaska

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:21 pm

A few airports including BNA and JNU (Juneau) make the first 15-30 minutes of short term parking free. BNA offers 15 and JNU was 30 at one time. I can't remember ever using JNU in that I lived 2.2 miles from the airport at BNA its about 55 miles from my families abode.

At 16 and 31 minutes respectively the meter goes cha-ching. That toilet trip at BNA needs to be quick or you'll pay dearly. IMO TTN should follow the 30 minute model.

I think TTN needs to tread easy; they still have the proposed PFC fee in the pipeline. Off the three tiers of parking at BNA the overflow lot cost $9 a day with a shuttle to the terminal on a ten minute schedule. I may tip the driver a dollar or two.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:06 am

I'm happy to see that the new parking rates are capped at $10. Though with Mr. Hughes seeming so insistent on wanting the $12 cap, I don't know if the starting fees are going to be on the low side of things. A $5 parking seems a reasonable charge especially since it is in front of the terminal and won't require a shuttle bus. Price will probably go up a bit in a year when they see that they aren't getting numbers they might have expected to get now that it is no longer free.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:29 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 42):
IMO TTN should follow the 30 minute model.

no need for the 30 minute model as they will have a cell phone lot, as long as the person picking you up stays with their car, you can take as much time in the bathroom as you want. Unless you are talking about people stopping in to the airport to go to the bathroom in which case, who does that?

illinoisman

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:12 am

Quoting jerseyguy (Reply 43):
Price will probably go up a bit in a year when they see that they aren't getting numbers they might have expected to get now that it is no longer free.

That's what makes it ironic. They won't need the extra parking as soon as they begin charging as people will then get dropped off rather than pay the fee. Parking should have remained free and F9 should have picked up the construction tab as part of their expansion into TTN.

mariner

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:21 am

Quoting IllinoisMan (Reply 45):
Parking should have remained free and F9 should have picked up the construction tab as part of their expansion into TTN.

What an odd idea. It's airport infrastructure, not airline infrastructure.

mariner
aeternum nauta

GentFromAlaska

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:28 am

Quoting jerseyguy (Reply 44):
no need for the 30 minute model as they will have a cell phone lot, as long as the person picking you up stays with their car

Does the TTN cell phone waiting area have porta-potties. BNA doesn't. That's were the 15 minute free short term parking comes in handy.

BNA also offers a ten minute free parking/ waiting area outside of baggage claim which mirrors what you describe at TTN. The driver must remain with the vehicle with the trunk raised. Each of the 20 or so spaces are on a sensor and reset when a new car enters for ten minutes.

The Metro Nashville Airport Authority police have a foot cop whose walks a beat up and down the entire lenght of the terminal They enforce it and will make you leave when your ten minutes expire. The driver need only to circle the airport once for another ten minutes provided there is a space. Anything longer than 20 minutes should be in the cell waiting area anyways.

Jerseyguy
Topic Author

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 47):
Does the TTN cell phone waiting area have porta-potties. BNA doesn't. That's were the 15 minute free short term parking comes in handy.

I didn't think about if the driver was running late. Looks like there will be no free parking though as this other article quotes a $2 per hour $4 to $10 max a day rate. This of course raises the question is there any part of the resolution that requires that it start out at $4 and if so how long must it be at $4? If they are charging $2 an hour, that means anything over an hour is a full day rate??

http://www.trentonian.com/article/20...-ipads-and-parking-fees#full_story
(9th paragraph)

[Edited 2013-08-21 21:17:45]

GentFromAlaska

Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Times of Trenton Letter to the Editor concerning the parking fees at TTN http://www.nj.com/times-opinion/inde..._of_trenton_letters_to_th_803.html

There is also a nice slide show of pictured under the writers letter.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos