For the past week or so, a 477-seater 747-400, EC-LNA, has been based at BCN operating Vueling (flies A32xs) flights, mostly to ARN but occasionally to MAD. Here are my questions :
1) Is a 747 listed on Vueling.com operating the concerned flights or are there only 180 seats sold and are there 300 empty seats on each flight it operates?
2) Planespotters.net lists 26 C-class seats on the aircraft. Are those empty on the Vueling flights.
3) Why would Vueling contract with Pullmantur and wet-lease 747s, wouldn't there be a cheaper option?
4) How long is this going to be going on?
5) Why does Vueling need to wet-lease any aircraft?
Proof : http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/ec-lna
I can imagine that some people here are going to want to get on those flights
Just for background, there are four 747s in the Pullmantur fleet. One is currently operating for Saudia while the two others are operating regular company flights.