FedExHeavy
Topic Author

AS MD-80 Out Of Bur

Sat Oct 28, 2000 6:27 am

I was looking at Alaska's flight schedule out of Bur to Sea/Tac and Portland and I all I saw for equipment were 737's. My question is do they still fly the MD80 out of Bur, I hope I was just searching wrong, Alaska as far as I know besides American to fly something other than a 737 out of Bur (FedEx and UPS don't count.)
Have a nice day!
So far this is the oldest I've been.

jabpilot

RE: AS MD-80 Out Of Bur

Sat Oct 28, 2000 1:10 pm

Alaska still flies the MD-80 on the first departure each morning (approx.7:00am) from BUR-PDX. There is also a MD-80 departure each afternoon to either PDX or SEA. AA still flies twice daily from BUR-DFW using MD-80's and AWA uses the A320's and A319's on some of the BUR-PHX routes. Besides that your hard pressed to find any airline using anything but 737's to BUR, unless it's a charter. Jeff

N960AS

RE: AS MD-80 Out Of Bur

Sat Oct 28, 2000 3:03 pm

Hi FedEx,

Yeah, I've worried about the same thing. I don't think its true, I saw an AS MD-80 at BUR the other day. Also I'm going Portland in a few weeks and its supposed to be a MD-80 flight. AS moves schedules around constantly. Recently it was 4 (of 6) flights a day form BUR being operated with MD-80s. JabPilot is right, now the 2 MD-80 flights are the 6.55am to PDX and the 2.18pm to PDX. I agree and I think we've talked before about how boring BUR is becoming. AA and AS MD-80s keep it interesting along with HP Airbusses and FedEx Airbusses plus UPS 757s.
I think the MD-80 is a great plane...much much better than those ratty 734s AS forces on us! I've heard AS will phase MD-80s out around 2005 - hopefully then I won't be living in LA and flying the airline airline anymore! By then they'll be a low-fare all-737-carrier....how creative of them!
Anyway have a good time seeing AS MD-80s at BUR for a while to come...

~N960AS

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos