wedgetail737
Topic Author

Power Outlets On AS - Status?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:47 am

Hi everyone!

Has AS been retrofitting their NG's with the power outlets and new seats as promised? I haven't seen evidence of any retrofits yet.

yeelep

RE: Power Outlets On AS - Status?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Hasn't started yet, I think its supposed to start within the next couple of months with a planned completion by the end of 2014.

hiflyeras

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:00 pm

First a/c is supposed to be in service in October from what I've heard. All NG aircraft are getting the new Recaro seats with usb and 110v power at every seat...not sure about the -400's as their time is limited. That same airframe I believe is also a test of new, larger overhead bins. If successful, hopefully all pre-BSI NG aircraft would be retrofitted with new oh bins, psu's and BSI-style cabin lighting. The bins are supposedly big enough to accommodate every single person bringing a rollerbag onboard.

ASFlyer

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Quoting HiFlyerAS (Reply 2):
First a/c is supposed to be in service in October from what I've heard. All NG aircraft are getting the new Recaro seats with usb and 110v power at every seat...not sure about the -400's as their time is limited. That same airframe I believe is also a test of new, larger overhead bins. If successful, hopefully all pre-BSI NG aircraft would be retrofitted with new oh bins, psu's and BSI-style cabin lighting. The bins are supposedly big enough to accommodate every single person bringing a rollerbag onboard.

Don't forget the new onboard entertainment. Sounds like it's a go.  

Tomassjc

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:14 pm

The bins are supposedly big enough to accommodate every single person bringing a rollerbag onboard

Please! Yes, please! Current Sky Interiors have become a nightmare for rollerboards on a full aircraft!
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward -Leonardo DaVinci

hiflyeras

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Quoting Tomassjc (Reply 4):
Please! Yes, please! Current Sky Interiors have become a nightmare for rollerboards on a full aircraft!

Yep, BSI oh bins are a disaster. They actually hold LESS than the original NG bins. How Boeing sold that as an "improvement" is beyond me.

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 3):
Don't forget the new onboard entertainment. Sounds like it's a go.

Hurray! You mean stored on-board content streamed wirelessly to personal devices? Hope there's some free content included. Will be great for Hawaii/Mexico flights with no internet.

WNCrew

Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Quoting HiFlyerAS (Reply 5):
Yep, BSI oh bins are a disaster. They actually hold LESS than the original NG bins. How Boeing sold that as an "improvement" is beyond me.

I don't think the bins hold any less but they certainly don't hold any more. Many pax don't know how to stow their own luggage that's for sure. Also I think it's ridiculous that OHB's keep getting larger.... the last thing we need is larger baggage stowage over our heads in the cabin. People need to bring less.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

silentbob

Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Quoting yeelep (Reply 1):
The bins are supposedly big enough to accommodate every single person bringing a rollerbag onboard.

I don't believe that will ever happen, some people are bringing absurdly large bags aboard.

Quoting WNCrew (Reply 6):
Also I think it's ridiculous that OHB's keep getting larger.... the last thing we need is larger baggage stowage over our heads in the cabin. People need to bring less.

The former has to happen as the latter is never going to happen.

chrisair

Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:58 am

All NG aircraft are getting the new Recaro seats with usb and 110v power at every seat

Even the 700s?

hiflyeras

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:28 am

I don't think the -700's are scheduled for the new interiors...they're going to be disappearing over the next few years due to higher CASM than the -800 and -900's.

RWA380

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:17 am

First a/c is supposed to be in service in October from what I've heard

I'm flying 3 AS 737-800s in October, it would be cool to get to experience of the new interiors. What is changing about the F class seats? I understand power outlets and IFE upgrades, are the F cabin seats being replaced also? Footrests maybe?
Next Flights: PDX-HNL-OGG-LIH-PDX On AS, WP & HA

yeelep

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:13 pm

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 10):

They will be the same as the seats in the 900ER's. Recaro 416 series in first and 941 series in coach. No footrest.