Mason
Topic Author

Anyone Try The Trip.com Flight Tracker?

Mon Oct 30, 2000 1:45 pm

Trip.com has a cool flight tracker. You can track random flights, or specific ones. If you sign up for the free flight tracker pro membership, you can see all arrivals for a 2 or 4 hour window for any airport in the country, complete with info such as aircraft, airline, origin, and if the plane has not landed yet, it will tell you alititude, airspeed, etc.. Give it a try! Tell me what you think!

Tom in NO

RE: Anyone Try The Trip.com Flight Tracker?

Mon Oct 30, 2000 1:50 pm

I think you'll find that a lot of us on the forum have used the trip.com's flight tracker. It is actually quite popular and very useful, especially when family and friends are flying in.

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

Mon Oct 30, 2000 1:53 pm

It's great. My parents were flying in for a visit, and the tracker gave me the exact time the plane landed. Estimating taxi to the terminal time, baggage claim time, and the cab ride over, I was able to meet them at their hotel just as they reached the check in desk. It was amazing.

B747-437B

Mon Oct 30, 2000 2:03 pm

It is invaluable because it has info about takeoff slots before the airlines themselves sometimes get them (especially during w/x delays with 30-40 aircraft in line).

My dad has called me from the runway at JFK or ORD on multiple occasions to find out when his takeoff slots were.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

j_hallgren

Mon Oct 30, 2000 2:09 pm

I found "flightarrivals.com" to be also quite helpful...
Check it out....was able to get a better idea of what to expect the day I flew...
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

Flightarrivals.com

Mon Oct 30, 2000 3:17 pm

That site is really cool, everyone should check it out.

N960AS

Mon Oct 30, 2000 3:29 pm

Are the times they give you for scheduled flights really the slots? Oh and yes I've used it...I was addicted to it when I first found it! 

~N960AS

contrails

Tue Oct 31, 2000 12:57 am

The "scheduled take-off time" is the slot?
I didn't know that. I like trip.com flight tracker. I have never had to use it to meet someone, but it could come in very handy. It is off a few minutes, btw. I have sat in my office watching flights coming into DCA, and I have checked FT for accuracy. On final approach it's off 2-5 minutes. But that's not a criticism, just an observation.

Flying Colors Forever!

Tue Oct 31, 2000 1:08 am

Use it when friends and relatives are flying in. Sometimes their time is more accurate than the airlne's.

MACH2

Tue Oct 31, 2000 5:50 am

I have found that the trip.com's flight tracker is excellent! Its estimated arrival times are more accurate than the airlines'!

Tue Oct 31, 2000 9:26 am

I've tried it with my brother's flight before. It was sort of accurate. I called him when the tracker said they were 30 minutes away and he had just landed.