kaitak
Topic Author

Irish 12/13: High On Jet Fuel ...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Good evening folks and welcome to what's probably our last thread of 2013.

Here's the link to 11/13, which - sadly - we ended on a negative note, with the threat of industrial action by Aer Lingus cabin crew:

Irish 11/13: Flightfest Follow-up (by kaitak Sep 16 2013 in Civil Aviation)

I wonder if this has anything to do with the closing of the SNN cabin crew base and ongoing issues relating to the planned new 757 operation.

Nonetheless, the last thread has seen someinteresting - not necessarily all positive - developments:

- New routes, particularly by FR from NOC and SNN
- The abolition of air travel tax
- New routes by Aer Lingus commuter
- A new, softer, cuddlier Ryanair, and (just announced today) assigned seating
- The last flight to DUB by SAS's MD80 fleet, and the retirement of the type altogether
- Aer Lingus flying A330s to Faro from next Summer (just announced today also)
- Government rules out sale of EI shareholding
- Failure of Flynonstop, which was supposed to have operated services to DUB this Winter
- EI interested in joint purchasing plan with EY

So, as we count down the last weeks of 2013 and look forward to 2014, what do we have to look forward to? Certainly, the EI 757s and more RE ATR72-600s, hopefully some more routes as a result of travel tax going, though of course, the economic situation is still poor and the budget was quite severe, which will probably have an adverse effect on discretionary spending, but hopefully we will continue to see growth.

Over to you, folks; no running, jumping or piddling in the shallow end ...

shamrock321

RE: Irish 12/13: High On Jet Fuel ...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Interesting news about the A330s to FAO but having flown this route in September which is out of the peak season I can see why!

And it's Aer Lingus regional, not commuter  

Eagleboy

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 pm

OA260 soggests "Ground the fleet sack everyone and bring in new outsourced crew on new contracts with lower cost base and refuse to recognise the Unions. Only way to get rid of this Irish drama series!!"

Could well be the endgame that EI Exec's are looking at. They have encouraged this turn of events and done nothing to halt it. 2 months of hire-ins will hurt the bank balance but ultimately having ACL, Storm Mcginley and others provide contractor cabin crew will reduce the EI staff bill and ensure cost stabilisation into the future. I believe the term is "siloing of aviation labour costs."

BestWestern

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:57 pm

From an external perspective.

- EI proposed x4 crew for the 757, the union wanted x5 because the non BOB service needed more staffing.
- EI decided that this was not commercially viable and outsourced the crewing as the staff refused to operate the service.
- Staff training courses were terminated.
- EI were now faced with staffing a cabin crew base for a single aircraft in Shannon and took a commercial decision to close the base - and most probably crew from London or remote.

I get dismayed at the games being played by the union every few months. The union seems to know better on crewing compliments than the Airline, and this extra staff member per flight demand has cost many people good jobs within the airline.

I wonder what the total annual cost of providing the extra crew member per flight was? Salaries, hotels, insurance, etc...
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

BestWestern

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:12 am

And on to bigger news - The second Ryanair profit warning in as many months.

The Irish airline said average fares were likely to fall by 9% for the six months to the end of the financial year in March 2014. It predicted second-half losses extending to €90m and cut its full-year profit guidance to around €510m (£432m) from €570m.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...yanair-profits-warning-lower-fares

The Ryanair website this morning has a girl with her tits hanging out - how very tasteful and daily star-esque.
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

OA260

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:47 am

Good to see they finally announced the A330 FAO service. The AGP one with the J seat upgrade is very popular with regulars. This should also be popular.

shamrock321

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:49 am

How often will the 330 fly to FAO?

shamrock350

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:44 am

Aer Lingus reports Q3 2013 operating profit up 4.4% on prior year.

Aer Lingus has said it is sticking to its profit targets for the year, with operating profits of around €60m predicted.

In an interim management statement, the airline said its third quarter operating profit was €95m, up 4.4% on the same time last year.

Third quarter revenue rose by 1.2% to €466.3m, while operating costs rose by only 0.4% to €381.4m.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013...4664-aer-lingus-trading-statement/

Full details: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/e...etail.html?announcementId=11763554

AmricanShamrok

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Galway councils buy GWY; airport to close completely and land redeveloped

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1105/484710-galway-airport-purchase/

BestWestern

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:47 pm

I flew DUB GWY on a number of occasions on the Aer Arann ATRs - a really quick flight in comparison to the old N7 road. The Galway based cabin crew were always so friendly and helpful.

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 8):
land redeveloped

No doubt to grow tumbleweed for a few years. What a pity.

GoAibusGo

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 9):
I flew DUB GWY on a number of occasions on the Aer Arann ATRs - a really quick flight in comparison to the old N7 road. The Galway based cabin crew were always so friendly and helpful.

Thanks Bestwestern, I used to be one of them (between Sep. 2005 to Jul. 2009). I can tell you that some moved to SNN, DUB and ORK. Some went to Emirates. Others are working other jobs. I initially went to WAT (till Dec 2010) and now I am now at KLM (cityhopper) in The Netherlands.

..............still mis Ireland though

dstc47

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 8):
Galway councils buy GWY; airport to close completely and land redeveloped

A sad but perhaps inevitable end.

Eagleboy

Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 3):
I wonder what the total annual cost of providing the extra crew member per flight was? Salaries, hotels, insurance, etc...

Plan was a total of 3 B757 eventually. So perhaps 5-6 departures per week per a/c, lets say 17 per week? 52 weeks = 884 B757 flights per year. Lets assume 13 hour average block time for the round trip (SNN-JFK, SNN-BOS, DUB-YYZ) This totals 11492 flying hours per year......EI utlise their crew 850 hours per year, lets assume they only achieve 800 at SNN due only B757 flying (would back to back T/A be more efficient?)

11492/800 equals 14.3. Lets bring the total up to 20 to cover sickness and holiday time. 20 x base salary of 20K = 400K, transport is the same for 2/4 or 2/5 crew. Extra hotel room every night of the year = just under 1100 nights at perhaps $100 a pop. Add in subsistence per diem of $127.....$139K.

So Euro 400K + $109K + $139K.....I'm guessing approx 550-600K Euros per year for 5 crew over 4. Lets go back to out first figure of 884 flights per year......just under 700 Euros per flight would pay for the 5th crew member. A single extra J Class pax on each B757 flight would pay that cost. Of course there are lots of assumptions in my figures above.

My issue is that the extra frequencies from SNN are supposed to allow EI to offer a more attractive/flexible schedule to business related passengers. (leisure pax being usually more price focused) At the ame time J Class pax may prefer to remain with the better crewing levels on the US carriers. And I wonder how the B757 will be preceived as the 'face of Aer Lingus' as a new entrant to the Canadian market.

EI564

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 am

Quoting Eagleboy (Reply 12):
So Euro 400K + $109K + $139K.....I'm guessing approx 550-600K Euros per year for 5 crew over 4. Lets go back to out first figure of 884 flights per year......just under 700 Euros per flight would pay for the 5th crew member. A single extra J Class pax on each B757 flight would pay that cost. Of course there are lots of assumptions in my figures above.

I think EI is hoping to operate the 3 757s at 19 a week but either way, you could argue that €600-700k isn't huge. Certainly if an airline was making €600m profit annually. You might be more argumentative if the airline was making €60m though.

A different way of looking at it is that if the expected cost of operating the route was €5m and the expected revenue was €5.1m, then reducing that cost by €600k suddenly makes the route a lot more attractive. Those numbers are purely made up of course. Just a simplistic argument.

In fact, EI could argue that they need to keep costs low, to ensure fares are low since they need to regain market share from the other airlines in SNN. The only way they see this working is low fares and high freq. Service may not be the best but EI must think they can make 4 cabin crew work. And price often beats service, especially if the staff are committed to making it work.

Rufusisgod

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:31 am

With the aer lingus 757 debate raging on I think most people are missing where the issue really lies. The IAA approved 4 cabin crew on the 757 which is a similar size , if not bigger, than the 321 which is 5 crew. Yes 50 pax/crew member etc but in the uk the 757 is 5 crew minimum despite the seat numbers due to the a/c type. Are the IAA influenced by EIs commercial agenda ? I would hope not but I don't believe 4 crew is enough on the 757 regardless of the service offered by the carrier.

Eirules

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 am

The crux here is that the IAA approved 4 crew and whether the unions or the general public like it, EI are perfectly entitled to operate the flights with that staff level. The unions again wanted to look for more and played a dangerous game of bluff and EI have called them on it. While I feel sorry for the staff involved it's their union they should be blaming, not EI. They are a commercial entity working in a very challenging environment and are entitled to make difficult decisions which aren't going to jeapordise the jobs of others in the company by bowing to demand from a union still entrenched in mind games of 10 years ago
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

Clydenairways

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:19 am

Quoting Rufusisgod (Reply 14):
With the aer lingus 757 debate raging on I think most people are missing where the issue really lies. The IAA approved 4 cabin crew on the 757 which is a similar size , if not bigger, than the 321 which is 5 crew. Yes 50 pax/crew member etc but in the uk the 757 is 5 crew minimum despite the seat numbers due to the a/c type. Are the IAA influenced by EIs commercial agenda ? I would hope not but I don't believe 4 crew is enough on the 757 regardless of the service offered by the carrier.

This is not correct.
The UK 757's you are referring to have 235 seats therefore are required to have 5, using the 1/50 rule.
The rule is not an IAA regulation, it's a European one that applies to everyone.
So to conclude, the minimum required for safety is 4, any additions to this needed for service or contingency for sickness down route is where the debate is.
The regulator has no interest on crew for service requirements, just safety.

My own view is that EI should be allowed to try this out if that's what they want to do, and see how the service with only 4 goes, if it doesn't work out then it will have to be reviewed again.

bx737

Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Quick question:
The A330-200 has 267 seats, yet requires 8 cabin crew due to doors. The 330 can come back to Ireland with 7 crew in exceptional circumstances (ie crew illness). This prompts the question: the 757s seem to have four doors, does it therefore require four crew at all times? Can it return to base with three? If the answer is no, with a crew illness incident, the flight will have to be cancelled and an aircraft hired in. This I believe will cost about €200,000, say nothing of having to look after passengers and flying an empty aircraft back to Ireland so as not to lose another flight. One incident of crew illness can therefore cost about €300,000. This is nearly the cost of having five crew.

BestWestern

Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Quoting Eagleboy (Reply 12):
A single extra J Class pax on each B757 flight would pay that cost.

A single extra J class passenger won't be delivered because of an extra passenger.

Year round Shannon long haul for EI is a marginal game at the best of times - and EI are obviously trying to reduce costs to the bone to make the route contribute.

These routes are not heavy J class routes.

Toronto with AC was predominantly flown as a Y class route, and Shannon to and from the US has hardly any J demand.

The two times i've flown to JFK with DL using miles, I was the only group in J class barring one other. DL flew the route for ages using a North American config, which was great as a Skyteam frequent flyer who got domestic first seats for free.

Clydenairways

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Quoting bx737 (Reply 17):
This prompts the question: the 757s seem to have four doors, does it therefore require four crew at all times? Can it return to base with three? If the answer is no, with a crew illness incident, the flight will have to be cancelled and an aircraft hired in. This I believe will cost about €200,000, say nothing of having to look after passengers and flying an empty aircraft back to Ireland so as not to lose another flight. One incident of crew illness can therefore cost about €300,000. This is nearly the cost of having five crew.

There sure is a financial risk to schedule with the legal minimum, but that is EI's commercial decision to make. If they cock it up then it's their own fault. They would have historical sickness records where they can assess a probability factor from. I'm sure they have thought about the sickness scenario and have some sort of plan.

bx737

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Quoting clydenairways (Reply 19):

Bearing in mind the reports during the summer that EI spent €5million on hiring in aircraft to cover for crew shortages, it is a very risky strategy IMHO and it is one that could blow the finances of the 757 out of the water if it happens three times during 2014. If my figures are correct, three cancellations will cost almost €1 million. That is a huge gamble to take on a marginally profitable route. If we assume Eagleboy's figures are right then five crew actually saves money based on three crew members going sick over a one year period. This is assuming that the aircraft cannot fly back from the US with less than four crew members.

ThrottleHold

Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:23 pm

If they cock it up then it's their own fault.

And they will then proceed to publicly blame the crew.

They would have historical sickness records where they can assess a probability factor from. I'm sure they have thought about the sickness scenario and have some sort of plan

You would think so, wouldn't you? But this being the same management who couldn't get the crewing figures correct for a standard summer schedule doesn't fill me with confidence.

EI564

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Quoting bx737 (Reply 20):
That is a huge gamble to take on a marginally profitable route.

Maybe but is it having the 4 person crew that makes the route marginally profitable. Otherwise, it wouldn't be profitable at all?

I don't know how incompetent EI's management is but they are making money right now, so they must be doing something right! It just seems that if EI's staff had given it a go and if it didn't work because of something simple like illness, then everyone would have learned something.

And if it did work (because, it could indeed work), everyone would have been a winner.

Eagleboy

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:52 am

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 18):
Year round Shannon long haul for EI is a marginal game at the best of times - and EI are obviously trying to reduce costs to the bone to make the route contribute.

I would agree BW...and having never flown J Class from SNN I am not familiar with the loads on US carriers. I just used the "1 extra J Class pax" as a handy way to cover approx 700 Euro in cost per flight.
Maybe the margins are really so tight that the estimate of 600K-700K extra cost P.A. does determine the viability of the routes. (ie 2M profit annually vs 2.5M profit) It remains to be seen however if EI pass on these savings to the public in order to reclaim market share.
I think EI could clear up the argument with some financial info......(I know this is likely sensitive info but as a mngr if it blew the union claims away then I would definitely consider it)

OA260

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 18):

Totally agree and makes economic sense. If that is the only way a route can be maintained and viable then needs must!!

AmricanShamrok

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm

October was the 5th consecutive month of passenger growth for SNN:

http://www.shannonairport.ie/gns/abo..._shows_more_growth_in_October.aspx

David_itl

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:23 pm

New link to Cancun from Dublin.

Just remains to be seen as to who the operator will be. Would EI have "spare" capacity to operate such a route or are we thinking more of a TCX/TOM operation?

iRISH251

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Quoting david_itl (Reply 26):
Just remains to be seen as to who the operator will be. Would EI have "spare" capacity to operate such a route or are we thinking more of a TCX/TOM operation?

Most likely Thomas Cook UK. I have a feeling that Britannia flew this route some years ago with 767s (but I could be wrong!).

Aer Lingus

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:25 am

Monarch did a weekly Latin American A330 charter back in 2008 I think. Was it to Punta Cana?

OA260

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:36 am

Quoting Irish251 (Reply 27):

Yes Budget Travel used to use them for their USA/Mexico program.

shamrock321

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Monarch did Puerta Plata for a summer, their long haul programme the summer after was just SFB.

shamrock350

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Goodbye Sky Deli, hello Aer Lingus Bia.

Aer Lingus tweeted today that they've been working with Clodagh McKenna to revamp their on board menu, now called Bia. The new menu will include fresh scones, croque monsieur, new sandwiches, a Gubeen cheese board & Crean's craft beer along with new pre-order options from December. The new menu is launched on Monday.

Not sure the Bia name will connect with non Irish passengers but I really like the idea.

Aer Lingus to boost its non-ticket revenue with flexible baggage fees

AER Lingus is developing new baggage fee structures and may introduce online duty-free shopping in a bid to further boost non-ticket revenue.

Speaking to the Irish Independent, chief executive Christoph Mueller confirmed that the airline might introduce new baggage fees that reflected the requirements of passengers on specific routes.

That means holidaymakers setting off with their children could include a greater luggage allowance in their booking at a price that the airline believes will offer value and prevent shock charges for overweight bags on checking in.

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...lexible-baggage-fees-29739327.html

So longer routes will probabaly see higher allowance but for a higher cost while shorter routes will see less allowance but for a smaller cost?

Shamrock350

ClassicLover

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Quoting shamrock350 (Reply 31):
Not sure the Bia name will connect with non Irish passengers but I really like the idea.

So according to the Irish dictionary online, it means feed, food or grub. Presumably it's to mean food or grub? Will I go with food? Anyone?  
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

BrianDromey

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:11 pm

I flew into DUB today on EI-FAV. I'm very impressed with the new cabin and overheads look much bigger. I travelled with just a backpack today and the load was in the mid 20s, so it's hard to tell if the new bins are a real improvement, but there is a lot more space on the floor under the seats too. The seats themselves are good, quite hard but comfortable for the type of flights Regional will use them on. The pleather seat coverings are a strange shade and not very nice to the touch, but overall a big improvement.

I'm interested to see what comes of this. skiDeli is an evolution of skyCafe, which itself was very similar to the original BOB menu. I think the chicken and stuffing has been going for a decade or more! Hopefully EI will give old favourites like this and the breakfast a new twist.
Bia, indeed means "food", certainly in the most common usage of the word. Bia blasta, is tasty food.
Next flights: MAN-ORK-LHR(EI)-MAN(BD); MAN-LHR(BD)-ORK (EI); DUB-ZRH-LAX (LX) LAX-YYZ (AC) YYZ-YHZ-LHR(AC)-DUB(BD)

ClassicLover

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 33):
Bia blasta, is tasty food.

It's always good to learn a new Irish word. I didn't know Cara meant friend until someone at college mentioned it right before our presentation on Aer Lingus. Needless to say I told him to mention it in the presentation  

BrianDromey

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 34):

Glad to educate!

Aer Lingus, is an anglicised version of Aer Liongeas " air fleet". Cara is indeed the Irish for friend, although carra can mean "article", so that works too. The pronunciation of cara is different in Irish too, the magazine tends to be described as cah-rah magazine, the Irish for friend is pronounced cha-ra, at least in Munster!
Next flights: MAN-ORK-LHR(EI)-MAN(BD); MAN-LHR(BD)-ORK (EI); DUB-ZRH-LAX (LX) LAX-YYZ (AC) YYZ-YHZ-LHR(AC)-DUB(BD)

BrianDromey

Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:09 am

Just seen a QR 777-200 taxy past me in DUB. Didn't catch the reg, not sure if it was an ER or LR but it is in oneworld livery. Perhaps being repainted? They have a YouTube video of A7-AAA being painted in "Ireland" perhaps that's why it's here?

Just been reading the independents interview with Mr Muller. I wonder if the on-line duty free is related to the 757, which will, presumably, have less galley space than the A330 fleet. Perhaps pre-order on-line or on your out-bound on 757 routes would be most beneficial for those flights.

[Edited 2013-11-10 01:20:58]

Cipango

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Though I like the idea of calling the menu after an Irish word, I do agree that it won't make sense to 50% of travellers on EI. Chances are many Irish people won't even know what it means. They should have stuck with Sky Deli or named it something more universal in my opinion.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

captainmeeerkat

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Quoting cipango (Reply 37):
Though I like the idea of calling the menu after an Irish word, I do agree that it won't make sense to 50% of travellers on EI. Chances are many Irish people won't even know what it means. They should have stuck with Sky Deli or named it something more universal in my opinion

The fact that it will have food and drinks listed on it for purchase will be enough for 99% of people - regardless of the name that appears at the top of the menu.
my luggage is better travelled than me!

iRISH251

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 36):
Just seen a QR 777-200 taxy past me in DUB. Didn't catch the reg, not sure if it was an ER or LR but it is in oneworld livery. Perhaps being repainted? They have a YouTube video of A7-AAA being painted in "Ireland" perhaps that's why it's here?

B777-300 A7-BAB departed Dublin this morning. It had arrived for painting on 30 October.

Eagleboy

Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 33):
I think the chicken and stuffing has been going for a decade or more!

Shame to see it disappear.....it was odd buy tasted lovely with a cuppa

OA260

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Quoting cipango (Reply 37):

Its good marketing to Irishise a few things but your right as a foreigner I know more Irish than the locals more often than not  

shamrock350

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:14 am

The full Bia menu is now available on board and to view on the Aer Lingus website.

http://www.aerlingus.com/inflight-ex...in-europe-economy/introducing-bia/

No change to pricing but the chicken and stuffing sandwich is gone and Taytos are finally offered!

EIBoston

Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Wish you could get the Full Irish breakfast on the T/A flights. Would sure beat the septic orange juice that they hand out. But I guess it will not happen given that the food would have to originate in the USA.

ClassicLover

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Quoting shamrock350 (Reply 42):
The full Bia menu is now available on board and to view on the Aer Lingus website.

I see the breakfast is now pre-order only, which I guess will cut down on waste. The rest of the menu looks good! Happy to finally see it online.

Eirules

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:52 pm

I was wondering what the impending US / AA merger will mean for DUB. I cannot see the merged company offering 4 daily Summer flights ex DUB (to CLT, PHL, JFK, ORD). I wonder will they keep all 4 destinations but reduce the frequency by one per week so they offer 3 flights per day, or will a destination be dropped (probably CLT)
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

OA260

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:08 am

Some nice new routes from DUB on FR

Ryanair has announced nine new routes from Dublin from next April to Almeria, Bari, Basel, Bucharest, Chania, Comiso, Lisbon, Marrakesh and Prague which will create 300 additional jobs in 2014

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...w-routes-from-dublin-29752981.html

Cipango

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 46):
Some nice new routes from DUB on FR

Ryanair has announced nine new routes from Dublin from next April to Almeria, Bari, Basel, Bucharest, Chania, Comiso, Lisbon, Marrakesh and Prague which will create 300 additional jobs in 2014

Also increasing seats to the UK. Good news.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

shamrock350

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Nice to see some new routes, particularly Basel which I'm rather fond of but everything else is very predictable of Ryanair. The big increases on UK routes tell me that Ryanair has obviously felt the pinch from Aer Lingus Regional, there's no denying that the Aer Lingus brand coupled with ATR aircraft and increased frequencies has hit the right note with passengers and now Ryanair is playing catch up with aircraft that are simply too big for the frequencies needed.

Although when Ryanair says 8 daily, I think that actually means 4 daily as they seem to count the return as well. Unless Thu really do plan to fly 8 times a day (16 return) to BHX!

Toulouse

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:37 am

Looks like things with EI and crew base at SNN may be thankfully resolved
http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1115/486795-aer-lingus/
Long live Aer Lingus!