MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Delta Upgauging NAS Service For S14

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:02 am

This one comes as a surprise to me. I was just doing a dummy booking on ATL-NAS to see how the flights were priced and timed for a possible vacation to the Bahamas this summer (I also have to factor in the flight from NYC to ATL in the schedule) and I noticed something very interesting.

I knew, as per the OAG threads, the DL was upping ATL-NAS to four daily flights this coming summer, but now it seems it's going to 4 dailies, with a fifth running on Saturdays. However, not only is the route getting extra frequencies, but it is going from 3x daily MD-88s (or 2x MD88 and 1x a320), to four dailies, consisting of 3 a320s and 1 757! This is a big capacity increase. The fifth flight on Saturdays is also an a320.

I haven't seen DL send this much capacity to the Caribbean from ATL in a while (excluding SJU). I guess the Nassau flights are doing pretty well for them!

On a side note, the LGA flights seem to be doing well too, as they will be back to MD-88s this summer like usual.  
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:47 am

On a side note, has anyobdy else seen any expansion or capacity increases in this region for DL lately?
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

FSDan

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:58 am

Quoting MesaFlyGuy (Reply 1):
On a side note, has anyobdy else seen any expansion or capacity increases in this region for DL lately?

Yes. They are adding some Sat only winter seasonal flights from secondary U.S. destinations:

IND-MBJ
CVG-PUJ
PIT-PUJ

There were originally plans for MSP-NAS, IND-NAS, RDU-NAS, and PIT-NAS, but I don't see those in the timetable anymore. Maybe some sort of vacation contract in the Bahamas fell through.

They also are adding ATL-KIN, and they've maintained or increased service on some of the JFK VFR routes (e.g. JFK-STI, JFK-SDQ).
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

RE: Delta Upgauging NAS Service For S14

Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:59 am

Quoting FSDan (Reply 2):
Yes. They are adding some Sat only winter seasonal flights from secondary U.S. destinations:

IND-MBJ
CVG-PUJ
PIT-PUJ

I remember reading about those. Hopefully more is to come!  
Quoting FSDan (Reply 2):
They also are adding ATL-KIN,

I thought they already ran that.

Quoting FSDan (Reply 2):
they've maintained or increased service on some of the JFK VFR routes (e.g. JFK-STI, JFK-SDQ).

Honestly I've been happy to see them maintaining the service levels they do on these routes.