kyrone
Topic Author

Jet Airways JFK Base

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:41 pm

http://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=e5e90ae0d3f9c4d5&from=serp

Sorry if this was already posted!

Looks like Jet Airways is starting a JFK pilot base next year.

Why would they suddenly start basing staff in JFK, or have they been all along and I missed it?

catiii

RE: Jet Airways JFK Base

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Quoting kyrone (Thread starter):
Why would they suddenly start basing staff in JFK, or have they been all along and I missed it?

If, and it is a big "if," they're restarting service into and out of JFK, then they're opening a base there make it easier on American (or North American) expat pilots. It doesn't matter where the rotations start. Why make them commute to to a line in India, when they can pick up the rotation in the US? Cathay, for example, has a number of US bases including JFK, and I recall a note recently that I saw that Emirates was looking at opening a JFK base as well. Makes sense when you think about it.

[Edited 2013-11-14 07:55:09]

kyrone
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:35 pm

It makes sense.... But I would think they would announce service soon.... Usually airlines announce service before hiring!

catiii

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Quoting kyrone (Reply 2):
It makes sense.... But I would think they would announce service soon.... Usually airlines announce service before hiring!

Could be a chicken/egg situation. Maybe they cant announce service unless they are staffed up.

psimpson

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:03 am

It looks like Jet Airways will restart services to JFK during April 2014 with B777-300ER equipment.
See below link.

http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/job...l-2014-start-date-4/2351793?s=week

MesaFlyGuy

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Quoting psimpson (Reply 4):
It looks like Jet Airways will restart services to JFK during April 2014 with B777-300ER equipment.
See below link.

I guess they'll be going direct this time instead of through BRU? Woudlmake more sense with SN now on the market and their flights from EWR not only running, but having recently been upguaged to a330-300 equipment.

I'm excited to see Jet back at JFK!!  
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

VTORD

Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Quoting MesaFlyGuy (Reply 5):
going direct this time instead of through BRU?

Looks like AUH. Atleast they are saying they are going to base them in AUH in the ad....
Twitter: @spottingfoodie

blueflyer

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Quoting MesaFlyGuy (Reply 5):
I guess they'll be going direct this time instead of through BRU?

A few months ago, Jet and Etihad announced that, as part of their new partnership, the BRU hub would be closed and replaced by a dual hub strategy at AMS and AUH.

With AUH being far closer to India, the plan is to run more flights from India, including secondary cities that can only support single-aisle aircraft that do not have the range to reach Europe, and to connect them to Jet flights to the US and Canada as well as selected Etihad code-shares to Europe, the Americas and North Africa.

The AMS hub will connect Jet flights from the largest Indian cities to KLM code-share intra-Europe flights.

[Edited 2013-11-16 11:12:30]
Democracy 2016: 3 million California votes < 100,000 Midwest votes.

MesaFlyGuy

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Quoting VTORD (Reply 6):
Looks like AUH. Atleast they are saying they are going to base them in AUH in the ad....

Didn't catch that, thanks!  
Quoting blueflyer (Reply 7):
A few months ago, Jet and Etihad announced that, as part of their new partnership, the BRU hub would be closed and replaced by a dual hub strategy at AMS and AUH.

So then I guess the EWR flights will shift to AMS?
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

blueflyer

Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:50 am

Quoting MesaFlyGuy (Reply 8):
So then I guess the EWR flights will shift to AMS?

I don't remember all the details, but I do think all transatlantic flights will be operated out of AUH. If memory serves me, AMS is strictly to connect intra-European KLM code-share flights with Jet flights to/from India.
Democracy 2016: 3 million California votes < 100,000 Midwest votes.

catiii

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Good explanation of the Jet AUH scissor hub here: http://www.business-standard.com/art...s-to-west-asia-113091100849_1.html

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos