United Feeder Service, Inc

Thu Nov 02, 2000 11:44 am

Anyone here flown on United Feeder Service, Inc (United Express). They used BAe-ATPs and flew out of ORD. They were ok, althought N857AW needed new interiors!!!

Co LITE
ContinentalLITEdc9@mailcity.com

RE: United Feeder Service, Inc

Thu Nov 02, 2000 1:07 pm

I'd flown them a number of times from ORD to CWA where my parents live. It was usually on a $99 round trip for the weekend. Now that AA has pulled out of CWA, those fares are a thing of the past...

Anyway, for $99, it was a good deal. The planes all looked older than they really were. The ATP reliability was questionable and more than a few times, the CWA-ORD flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems. Seldom were more than 20 of the 64 seats filled. One exception was during the NW strike when you couldn't get a seat no matter how hard you tried.

The new Air Wisconsin service is fine but I miss the old Air Wis service. Even with a stop in Appleton or Green Bay, the BAe 146 was great.

Thu Nov 02, 2000 2:01 pm

UFS is gone... so I hope you enjoyed it! Out of business, replaced by Air Wisconsin. Good ridence to bad rubish!

SegmentKing

Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:16 pm

I spent some time in Peoria, IL when it was a triple-feeder station: Air Wisconsin, ACA, and UFS. UFS had information posted on apollo as to the routing of each aircraft everyday, and it was normal to see 3 ATPs listed in "SBN MX".. one plane, 854AW was listed as "MX Queen" interesting how U2 operated..... that many flights w/ barely 6 planes to cover the schedule and NO operational spare at O'Hare..... Air Wisky pre 1994 should have kept the Dash 8-300s at ORD  

The ATPs were maulled by Hulas Kanolia and his St. Louis 'dollar store' gang... they removed the APUs so the planes were bloody hot in the summer during boarding... and he took out the aircraft water system.... even though the ATP lav is considered a "normal full size lav" there was never any running water...

UFS *COULD* have worked, but not under Trans State's regime of fly it till it stops working........

I'm shocked U2 never lost an ATP....

Nate
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

Fri Nov 03, 2000 6:43 am

Correct,
There was no running water in the lav   Just a little Hand Sanatizer bottle. And no APU neither. It was an interesting flight, but I like AirWisconsin better.

Co LITE

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos