ahlfors

When Will RJs Come To Sju?

Fri Nov 03, 2000 9:31 am

AA just announced they have gone all jet at ORD. How about getting some of those jets to SJU. I am up to my neck with those ATRs!

RE: When Will RJs Come To Sju?

Fri Nov 03, 2000 9:40 am

Sorry man, it won't happen. Routes aren't profitable enough. If anywhere MIA may see them first, but again I doubt it. However there was some speculation recently that a F100 would replace an ATR 72 on MIA-NAS. I doubt that will occur as the Fokker doesn't visit MIA and a separate support operation would have to be established or the plane would have to be rotated to Dallas often for service.

Speaking of being up to your neck in ATRs, how about those lovely Gulfstream dba TWConnection Beechs?

ahlfors

RE: TWAneedsNOhelp

Fri Nov 03, 2000 9:43 am

I fly into ANU, and Gulfstream for some reason does not fly there, probably because ANU denied route rights (they are planning on making a regional hub by banning most new routes/airlines-hmmmm)