mbmbos

Lorenzo's Link To G.W.Bush Appears Real

Sat Nov 04, 2000 7:45 am

This was discussed in an earlier thread, but this article sheds new light on the situation. Looks like Frank Lorenzo has supported the G.W. Bush campaign.

http://news.excite.com/news/pr/001103/dc-afa-lorenzo-bush

Greeneyes53787

RE: Lorenzo's Link To G.W.Bush Appears Real

Sat Nov 04, 2000 8:17 am

Oh.

G

Sat Nov 04, 2000 8:25 am

I have little regard for both, so I will reserve comment.

sccutler

You've Got To Be Kidding!

Sat Nov 04, 2000 11:16 am

Excuse me for failing to see the relevance; a press release issued by a labor union states, "One of George W. Bush's strongest supporters is Frank Lorenzo" without citing a source for this assertion, and you regard that as credible?

But let's assume, for the moment, that Francisco Lorenzo was supporting Governor Bush- the support of one individual scarcely justifies the fear of grandiose gifts being given that individual.

If you're going to function in a democracy, you have the responsibility to educate yourself; to question what you are told, so when you make choices, you make them after considering the true consequences.

Unless and until AFA President Patricia Friend can offer some reason - valid, verifiable, credible - why Gov. Bush would be beholden to Mr. Lorenzo, then issuance of this press release is nothing but a [very] thinly-veiled ploy to deceive the members of the AFA who elected her and entrusted her with the leadership of the union.

If you buy this, with no supporting evidence, then you are allowing yourself to be used as a puppet. Your choice, then no problem, but don't pretend the reasoning is valid.

That press release makes a very damaging statement- but not about Governor Bush, or even Francisco Lorenzo. Ms. Friend's breach of trust as regards the rank and file AFA members is apalling.

By the way, a search of the donor database for the Bush-Cheney campaign turns up no donations by Mr. Lorenzo. If you KNOW something, by all means share it, along with the provenance of your information. If you don't, then keep your mindless petty babbling to yourself.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

J32driver

Sat Nov 04, 2000 11:39 am

Amen brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b757300

Sat Nov 04, 2000 12:57 pm

Here is another attempt to scare people into voting for Al Bore err Gore. 
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

a32

Sat Nov 04, 2000 1:33 pm

Dubya uses Miami Air for his campaign flying. The CEO at Miami air was COO at Eastern,and lorenzo's right hand man, and actively helped milk the assets at EAL...
Thanks a lot dubya for helping support a scab. Don't count on my vote.

b757300

Sat Nov 04, 2000 1:38 pm

Actually, Bush uses North American Airlines for his campaign

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Jason Knutson

caetravlr

Sun Nov 05, 2000 12:40 am

Thank you for your comments. I posted another thread on this same matter a while back, before this press release came out. I also posted another one this morning before I saw this thread. I do question the credibility very much, but I want to know for sure before Tuesday. I don't trust Gore any farther than I can throw him. You also have to remember that this statement is on behalf of a union that convinced United's FAs that a 10 YEAR contract was a good thing. And also a union who United's FAs are considering dumping. I have read several of their newsletters, and they are major Gore supporters. If there is no documented evidence of support by Bush for Lorenzo, or vice versa, I would be inclined to dismiss this as rumor, and focus on the other issues that are important to me. Who knows what Gore and the Unions might be up to. All of this is just my humble opinion. I am craving facts in this case.
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

b757300

Sun Nov 05, 2000 6:41 am

What I don't understand is why everyone is so worked up over this. Does anyone think any repeatable airline would hire Lorenzo?
Also, why does it matter whom Lorenzo votes? Doesn't he have the right to vote for whomever he wants?