Bombardier RJ

Tue Nov 07, 2000 12:59 am

Does anyone know if Bombardier plans on making a smaller 30-40 seat regional jet to compete with the ERJ-135 or the Fairchild-Dornier 328jet? I think their Continental Buisness jet would be a good baseline. Its basically a shorter-narrower Challenger, but the cabin is still wider than the Embraer. Any thoughts?

Gregg LaFave(carreer changer in MD)

avt007

RE: Bombardier RJ

Tue Nov 07, 2000 3:01 am

I would imagine they might be reluctant to compete with their own 37 seaters the dash8 100 and 200.
Its good to hear from a fellow F1 fan! Long live Ferrari!

Avt007

Tue Nov 07, 2000 4:28 am

avt007, I rode on CRJs into YUL both years I attended the Canadian GP. 1995/96.(I routed for Alesi in 95). The first year was on Comair and the 2nd was Air Canada. I have been a Fan of these planes ever since. I would still think that Bombardier should be studying a 30-40 seat RJ as it is unclear how much longer they are going to compete in that market with Dash 8 Qs. The Rjs come from stretching the Challenger. I don't think it would be hard to develop a shorter CRJ or expand on the Continental Airframe. Just a thought. I hope to be an RJ jockey someday.

Gregg in MD

RE: Bombardier RJ

Tue Nov 07, 2000 10:39 am

Bombardier already has a 40 seat RJ in the CRJ-200.

As to whether they go smaller, only time (and the ERJ-135's success/failure) will tell.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos