erela

Biz Ticket Prices

Wed Nov 08, 2000 12:09 am

I noticed that Cathay Pacific sells its Biz tickets only 50% more expensive than Economy. I´ve noticed in Europe Biz tickets are usually at least double- is this a common Asian case? Does this mean that same way First tickets are close to Biz with Asian airlines such as SQ, CX, KE, etc...Hope somebody knows!?

eireman

RE: Biz Ticket Prices

Wed Nov 08, 2000 1:26 am

Yes it is generally the case.

You can fly biz class to Asia for as low as $1500.00 approx to TPE and about $2500.00 to SIN or KUL.

I generally wil buy a Biz clas ticket to asia, get all those miles and use miles to upgrade to Europe.

Half the price for twice the mileage- go figure, must have something to do with all that capacity into Asia.

I just hope that MH joins Skyteam now, so that I can get elite mileage instead of just plain regular.

You know if you can afford the biz class ticket it is the way to go-if you have that who needs elite status

erela

Thanks Eireman!

Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:24 am

OK!
Nice to hear that information! I suppose thanks to tough competition also Biz ticket prices tend to be close to each other whatever the carrier is- for example SQ isn´t any more expensive than TG or CX?

I fly with Star Alliance whenever I can and it is true it always pays to get double the points . (I got to Silver after ONE roundtrip a couple of months ago where I just had to fly two legs in Biz)...

By the way, Eireman, which Biz lounge do you find the best in Asia? What about any lounge where you´ve been?

eireman

Thu Nov 09, 2000 1:54 am

I see that you are located in Europe, so maybe some of the details that I provided might not apply ex Europe.

I fly ex LAx and have business in Taiwan, so often I fly biz to taipei and then coach within asia before return to taipei for return in Biz.

biz rates are good ex west coast USA , but honestly I don't know about ex Europe.

Almost all the lounges I have used are good- can't say one is better than another.I use Diners club in Asia when travelling coach within Asia

One word- avoid Eva Air Biz class- it sucks, 44" of pitch

Biz versus First- On my next trip to Sin/KUL I see that First class is only about $300.00 more than Biz- will try

debn

Thu Nov 09, 2000 5:40 am

This is strange. Cuz a biz-class seat takes atleast twice the amount of floor space than a economy class seat. How are the airlines making any money with such cheap biz-class fares?

erela

Eireman!

Thu Nov 09, 2000 9:03 pm

You wrote you frequently visit Diners lounges- I am thingking of getting a Diners instead of Visa- do you think Diners is worth it from this point of view? Are their lounges "having a card"?

eireman

Fri Nov 10, 2000 3:24 am

Erela

Best to visit the diners club web site first and see if their lounge locations worldwide work for you before getting the card

Debn

Don't know how they do it, but I am quite happy to take it as long as it is going.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos