United777
Topic Author

A'A Expands West Coast Routes

Wed Mar 24, 1999 8:26 am

American Airlines will start new California service from San Jose to San Diego and Orange County. The new flights will start May 1, 1999. American Airlines is saying that these new flights reflects there new plan to expand routes on the west coast. Also, American Airlines wants to be the new big airline on the West Coast espically with it's merger with Reno Air. These new routes will probally operated with there MD-80 aircraft.

Like I said with my post below the West Coast is a hot market in the U.S and there will be alot of airlines starting new routes espically from Seattle, Las Vegas and Orange County. Also the regional airline market is growing on the West Coast espically in the Pacific Northwest with United Express and Horizon Air.

I think when the merger with Reno Air is really final American Airlines is going to start to do alot of things on the West Coast espiaclly with all the new aircraft they are getting. Look out United Airlines.

Farhan Ali. Newport Beach, California

RE: A'A Expands West Coast Routes

Wed Mar 24, 1999 8:41 am

That's why UA is hurrying in expanding IAD in order to get some cash out of the eastcoast and become less dependent on the westcoast cash cow. I can tell UA is getting more and more scared of AA with the JFK expansion and westcoast invasion.

FLY777UAL

Wed Mar 24, 1999 9:42 am

UA will be able to hold its own in the West Coast market. AA won't take that big of a chunk, if any, out of UA's traffic. UA has a TON of experience in the low-fare----high freq. world of the West COast, competing with Southwest. Probably all of the traffic AA will receive will be from the Reno Air passengers, as they are already registered in AAwards Program.

fly777ual

FLY UAL's 747-400 TO SYD!!!

Wed Mar 24, 1999 11:44 am

American's new service SJC-SNA will be with 757's, and the new SJC-SAN will be Super 80's. We can only hope that they continue to build out there, because I'd love to have more travel opportunities out of my home airport (SAN). I think that this might be at least partly a move to show the pilots, with whom they recently re-entered QQ negotiations, that they are serious about building the west coast with the current AA product, not a low fare spin off. Any thoughts?

FedEx

Wed Mar 24, 1999 12:05 pm

Purdue Cadet give me an email sometime! I live near SAN.

American Airlines is not done yet! Midwest Express is next
on the hit list for American. Yes United777 Reno Air no
longer exsist. It's all AMR now. I have heard that American
is supposed to make an announcment about SJC becoming
their new west coast hub. Things well definatly be intresting
in the new few months before th summer travel season!

jplenny

Wed Mar 24, 1999 3:54 pm

I wonder if AA is going to try and get more flights into Japan and the rest of Asia from SJC, if that is going to be their west coast hub...

JPLenny

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos