Where Is Aa Headed?

Wed Mar 24, 1999 8:45 am

You know, they used to say "Jonny Unitas had hair that you could set your watch by." It is starting to seem that americas' second largest carrier is trying to mimmic this but instead of hair it is job actions by its employees that are the steady.

With its most recent labor action it seems that AA pilots are so loyal that they are willing to sink the airline to gurantee job security? does that make sence? let me read that again. Nope still does'nt sound right. You think that AA is could be headed to a similiar fate as Eastern?

Sure they are in exellent financial shape, and they have with the exception of a lacking presence in the west the best Hubs of any U.S. carrier but if strikes and the like continue people will just walk away.Then where will AA flyers be? layedoff, starting a new carrier out of newark? what? I cant imagine that the mistrust can be so strong. PAX are getting fedup.

FirstClass

RE: Where Is Aa Headed?

Wed Mar 24, 1999 11:58 am

Oh I think it will be a while before a major airline will have to shut down by labor disputes and lack of profits.

jplenny

Wed Mar 24, 1999 4:02 pm

I'm sure that's what a lot of people though about Eastern as well...

FirstClass wrote:
-------------------------------
Oh I think it will be a while before a major airline will have to shut down by labor disputes and lack of profits.

DFW

Fri Mar 26, 1999 5:13 am

I recently got transferred to dfw from ord. My company used to fly me around on United almost exclusively. United's service has declined, in my eyes, ever since the "employee owners" took over. Note the very big anti-United website. I fly American a lot know and while the service is on par with other US carriers, bad, I don't see them disappearing like Eastern did. Any time you have union labor you will have labor disputes. Remember when Saturn the US auto maker spin-pff came out, they prided themselves on thier excellent relations with the UAW. But they were not immune to the GM strike last year. There will always be labor problems. AA is not unique with having labor problems. AA is growing, not slowly being widdled away at like Eastern was. Cheers.

Ken

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos