airman99o

How Loud Is The IL-86?

Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:01 am

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced the IL-86 on take off. I was wondering how loud it was because I hear that it is not Stage II compliant. If anyone has experienced what it is like could you compare it to another aircraft that has not been hushkitted. I was under a 727-200 series by greyhound air and WOW was that ever loud.

Airman99o
Safety is Everyones Responsibility.

airman99o

RE: How Loud Is The IL-86?

Sat Nov 11, 2000 8:53 am

Does anyone know??

Airman99o
Safety is Everyones Responsibility.

An-225

Sat Nov 11, 2000 3:44 pm

I know. I've flown in it 4 times, and in my opinion, a two-engine turboprop An-24 (which I've flown 14 times) is way way way louder. Tu-154, a tri-jet that looks like 727 is louder also. Il-86 is pretty quiet, probably louder than some more modern aircraft, but hey - it's got perfect safety record.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

trintocan

Sat Nov 11, 2000 9:38 pm

At one point a plan was being developed to re-engine the IL86 fleet with CFM 56 engines in order to make the planes compliant with Stage III noise regulations and to boost range (a la A340) but the programme has been shelved due to the high costs involved.

Its safety record is impeccable but it did have 1 write-off (in 1994, I think) when a hijacked Indian Airlines 737 slammed into a parked IL86 in India, igniting it. The IL86 burned but, as it was empty, there were no fatalities in it. Its record thus survives.

Trintocan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos