TurbineBeaver
Topic Author

Erau Vs Central Washington University

Mon Nov 13, 2000 10:11 pm

Hey,
I am applying to colleges right now and these are my top two. For those of you who don't know, ERAU is Embry Riddle Aeronautical University with campuses in Daytona Beach, Florida, and Prescott Arizona.

What do you guys know about these two schools? Have to say about them? and the most important question, Which one is better? or Which one would you reccomend?

Thanks in advance,
Turbine Beaver

TurbineBeaver
Topic Author

RE: Erau Vs Central Washington University

Wed Nov 15, 2000 1:44 am

Anyone have any comments?
PLEASE!!!

TB

Wed Nov 15, 2000 3:35 am

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago. I got accepted into ERAU, University of North Dakota, and Western Michigan University. ERAU and UND are obviously the two biggest names in the industry. I just realized though after a year it wasn't for me. It was still four years of college and then what? A few years as a flight instructor to build hours. I chose to go a an academy (Pan Am to be exact) to get my rating much faster. I am still getting my degree through an Embry Riddle distance learning program. I like it a lot more because it cuts out years of time, thousands of dollars, and I get to fly a hell of a lot more (usually twice a day) which is what I love anyways. If you're absolutely dedicated on these two schools, choose ERAU just because of the name. To be honest though, I've talked to enough interviewers to know that any degree along with the hours is enough for them.

Wed Nov 15, 2000 3:56 am

ERAU=$$$$$$