Air Space Around The Balkins

Thu Mar 25, 1999 7:30 am

NATO is now doing air strikes and bringing tanks (ground troops) going in Yogslavia and Kosovo (around the Balkins).

Is there now a block or a no-fly zone for both general and civil aviation flying around the Balkins?

Rooz

United777

RE: Air Space Around The Balkins

Thu Mar 25, 1999 7:35 am

British Airways cancelled flights to Belgrade 3 days ago then I think Swiss Air and Air France did the yesterday.
I remember during the Iraq strike many flights to India were cancelled due to the strike. I know United Airlines cancelled flights to Delhi.

Farhan Ali. Newport Beach, California

Thu Mar 25, 1999 8:15 am

Maybe it is that air space where they have people looking out for you and when they see you they stop shooting and when you are far anuff away they start shotting again.
I think it is called firing practice airspace.
I would love to circle in MCA around that kind of airspace.
Iain

Thu Mar 25, 1999 10:05 am

The trafficfrom Western Europe to Greece/Turkey/Middle East will probably be re-routed either via Italy (Brindisi) or Romania and Bulgaria. Hope this thing will not escalate...