airsnaps

Photos At Madrid?

Tue Nov 14, 2000 7:58 pm

Hi there!

Does anybody know whether there are any good photograph locations either in or around Madrid - Barajas airport?

Also, how regular are the movements - is it pretty busy, say like Paris or somewhere similar?!

Thanks in advance! I'd be really grateful for any information you could provide me with on this topic.

Write back soon!

Regards,

Paul - mail@airsnaps.com

na

RE: Re:- Photos At Madrid?

Tue Nov 14, 2000 8:21 pm

Busy yes, but not so busy as LHR, FRA or CDG of course. And there are far less widebody-movements. I once spend a hole afternoon on a parking lot underneath the approaching airplanes without a single B747 or A340, not to talk about a 777 landing. Expect loads of Iberia A320s, MD80s, A300s, B727s, B757s. And the ugly and boring painted Spanair and Air Europa aircraft. No 777s at all I´ve seen. There are two Aerolineas Argentinas Jumbos each day. I saw them but couldn´t photograph them.
Photo points: I´m no expert here, but possible and not to bad spots are besides the motorway (there are parallel delivery roads underneath the approach) leading out of Madrid shortly before Torrejon de Ardoz. I found no photopoints on the airport itself.
Mornings are better than afternoons. Thats for sure.