Where Will UAL Fly To Next?

Thu Nov 16, 2000 9:05 am

Hello. I am sure that this topic has been beaten to death already, but I dont feel that it has been answered well. Does anyone have any clue where UAL will go next? Any new flights to Europe? Latin America? Asia? Anywhere? UAL is a pretty good airline, but compared to other U.S. airlines like Delta and Continental, etc, they dont seem to have many international destinations. It seems to me that UAL is letting the Star Alliance partners fly all the international flights and I never see UAL starting a new flight to some new European destination like Lisbon, or back to Rome or Athens, or Zurich, or Madrid. You know, all of the major destinations in Europe. Anyone else feel as I do? I would be interested to hear what you guys have to say. No wars though!
United747-400

RE: Where Will UAL Fly To Next?

Thu Nov 16, 2000 9:45 am

UAL could open Switzerland, U.K., and the Middle East, I know that Lufthansa is 1 of the german carrier to fly to middle east, UAL also should fly anywhere.

We'll see what happens next.

Baec777XX  

imkeww

Thu Nov 16, 2000 12:18 pm

United's reputation is already as low as it will go. They did the limbo, and their fallen back on their ass right now.

aio86

Thu Nov 16, 2000 1:01 pm

United says that they are going to start a few new international services, although whether or not this will actually happen is another story in itself. Some of the proposed new non-stops are: Boston-Tokyo-Narita, Boston- Frankfurt Denver -London, Denver - Frankfurt, Washington DC- St. Maarteen, Washington DC-San Juan (don't they already fly this though) and Washington DC - Copenhagen (although this may end up just being a code share. Hope this helps you in your quest for knowledge.

gkirk

Fri Nov 17, 2000 2:51 am

UAL will be codesharing with BD on MAN-ORD, MAN-Dulles using A330 a/c.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

ord

Fri Nov 17, 2000 4:01 am

United has a great international system, probably the best of any U.S. airline. Sure Continetal flies to more destinations, but that's only counting smaller cities in the South Pacific and Mexico. United flies more of the long-haul, big- city routes. As for what's new, all of these either recently started or will start (I'm sure there are more that I have not listed, not to mention all the proposed routes if the US merger goes through):

ORD-Shanghai
ORD-Amsterdam
JFK-Hong Kong
JFK-Paris
DEN-Frankfurt
DEN-Toronto
SFO-Shanghai
SFO-Beijing
SFO-Seoul
SFO-Frankfurt
LAX-Paris