Delta15
Topic Author

Cigarrette Anyone?

Fri Nov 17, 2000 9:01 am

What airlines still have smoking? Can they just smoke cigarrettes? Also does Singapore air ban chewing gum on their flights?

woody

RE: Cigarrette Anyone?

Fri Nov 17, 2000 9:07 am

Aeroflot still allows smoking on its flights and it's only cigarettes.
Air France is getting rid of smoking on its flights (that's what I read somewhere).
Those are the only ones I know off the top of my head.

Mitchell Gant

Fri Nov 17, 2000 9:09 am

Cigarrette smoke is still a common site on Emirates, as well as most other middle-eastern airlines.

Fri Nov 17, 2000 10:30 am

smokers are pathetic

Fri Nov 17, 2000 10:49 am

Air France stoped their smoking flights on november 1.
Passengers can have a something to help them survive without smoking and for 200 french francs they have a medical consultation.

Fri Nov 17, 2000 11:03 am

I been on Royal Jordanian airlines 4 - 6 times already, they are smoking flights in the last 3 to 6 rows in each class.. thats a Tristar 500.

British Airways is the 737-400 i flew on 2 times, I sat in near almost the last 5 to 8 rows, and there was smoking on board.

Baec777XX   Im smoking heheheheheh.

aa737

Fri Nov 17, 2000 11:25 am

BA stopped smoking a few years ago.

Fri Nov 17, 2000 11:32 am

Aa737 wrote:
-------------------------------
BA stopped smoking a few years ago.

Hmm, I didn't know BA ever smoked. 

Anyway, I think IATA (or whoever) really should step in and prohibit smoking on civil transports worldwide. Will it ever happen? Probably not, but I think it should...for the sake of us downwind pax and crew who have to breathe the stuff for hours on end.

Corey777

Adam84

Future_Pilot

Fri Nov 17, 2000 11:50 am

Why do you say "smokers are pathetic"? Well let me tell you something, I am a smoker just because I smoked 2 ciggarettes and I was hooked. Yes I know its a filthy habit and yes I know I am killing myself so I dont need any lectures. The problem is, most people dont know how hard it is to quit, it is no easy task. I wish I could kick myself every day because I started smoking and I really wish I could quit but its just not that easy. Yes I have tried practically everything on the market from prescription pill to the patch and none of them make it any easier. Dont generalize all smokers as pathetic, I am respectful of non-smokers, I dont smoke in public places if there is anyone around and it is a smoking area, I wouldnt smoke on a plane even if it was allowed, I dont smoke in my car if there is a non-smoker in the car. You get my drift.

hmmmm...

Fri Nov 17, 2000 1:30 pm

Two cigarettes and you were hooked? And you are still just a teenager! Get off of it now while you still can.

That's a funny thing isn't it? Offered to me for the first time as a teenager, I took one drag on a cigarette and I coughed like I had tuberculosis. No wonder. I just inhaled smoke particles into my lungs. Naturally, that was a negative experience. So I didn't puff again. At least I can say I tried it and didn't like it. Or maybe I just gave up too easily.

But the question for me is this: How is it that someone can take their first drag and not cough like old hell? And if they do cough, why would they inhale the second time?

It's almost as if some kids want to smoke so badly that they will inhale smoke particles into their lungs, as if they were in a burning building, then they will cough like old hell. Then, after leaving this burning building, they will run back in by taking another drag. Then more coughing. Until they get to the butt. And the building is burned to the ground.

They will keep on doing this until they get used to the pain and discomfort of smoking. Until it becomes easy. Even pleasurable. Like a masochist.

That is what is "pathetic" about smokers. The incomprehensible mental state of anyone that smokes that first cigarette. And sticks with it, cough after cough, until they reach that first butt. That takes determination. And will power. Whatever the vain reasons for wanting to smoke, which are sad in themselves. So the teenager smoker is a strange "pathetic" beast. A combination of vanity at the start, and hypocrisy thereafter.

Hmmmm...
An optimist robs himself of the joy of being pleasantly surprised

Adam84

Fri Nov 17, 2000 1:47 pm

peer pressure and growing up in a smoking household is what did me in. But dont worry I am not proud of being a smoker and wish I wasnt a smoker.

RE:amen Hmmmm...

Fri Nov 17, 2000 2:09 pm

Right in the bullseye!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 17, 2000 5:54 pm

Aeroflot,Royal Jordanian, Emirates, Saudia and Kuwait Airways all still have smoking areas. When will they ever learn. Clearly the threat of being sued by a passenger who may have contracted a life threatening or terminal disease due to the negligence of allowing people to smoke in the confines of an aircraft does not bother these carriers.