AS737900
Topic Author

AS Returning To Far East?

Fri Nov 17, 2000 11:53 am

Ok, maybe this is just speculation, I have not heard a word about AS returning to the Russian Far East, but I have some evidence, perhaps...

I currently have 3 trips lined up in the coming months, and I just received my third first class upgrade certificate, and on it it clearly states, "Excluding Russia". The other two earlier certificates do not have this wording... I cannot think of any other reason for this wording to be on there...

Anybody hear anything on this?

ahlfors

RE: AS Returning To Far East?

Fri Nov 17, 2000 12:43 pm

I think a non-stop to Vladivostok with connections to service the the West Coast, and NW flights would be conceivable. I believe the days of having a 727 (or any other plane) hoping from ANC to 2 or 3 places in Russia before reaching Vladivostok are over. Vladivostok is clearly the largest city in the area, and the only viable one for a nonstop flight. I would love to see AS do ANC-Vladivostok-Seoul(or Pyonyang, N. Korea if sanctions are dropped) on one of their 737NGs. I believe the range is there. (Correct me if I'm wrong)