Croatia Airlines Over 1 Million Pax Per Year

Fri Nov 17, 2000 7:10 pm

Croatia Airlines has yesterday passed one million pax
per year mark,
it is the first time in its history

although it isn't much compared to worlds major it is clearly the sign
of recovery of air traffic in Croatia and next years it will be even
bigger

has any other ex-yu airline carried this many pax?
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward...

sobelair

RE: Croatia Airlines Over 1 Million Pax Per Year

Fri Nov 17, 2000 11:14 pm

JAT did one year before NATO campaign.
But I doubt they will carry that much in near future.

KUGN

Sat Nov 18, 2000 12:27 am

Quite impressive number, congrats.

You should benchmark Croatia Airlines with Adria, not with JAT which has long way to go to get where it used to be.

For comparison purposes, keep in mind Malev had 2 million pax last year. I'd also like to know the pax numbers of Italian regionals, Adria Airways, Tyrolean and Lauda. That would cover Adriatic/Central European market.

Stretch 8

Sat Nov 18, 2000 6:05 am

9A-CRO: It is good to hear that OU is doing better following the Kosovo war. I fly OU from Frankfurt to Split, sometimes NS, sometimes connecting in Zagreb. I am even a member of the frequent flyer club (not many Americans can make that claim). Croatia Airlines is well run and the service is very good - better by far than nearly all U.S. airlines. I am also glad they got rid of those old 732s in favor of new A319s. Vleca hvala!
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!