krisworldB777

SIA Pilots & Stories

Sat Nov 18, 2000 10:04 pm

SIA is my preferred carrier and I always choose to fly with them. It is extremely rare to have a bad experience but I do question the ability of some of the pilots.

1. Upon landing in Perth 2 years ago aboard an A340, I was alarmed at the shocking landing in near perfect weather. The aircraft literally rabbit hopped along the runway.

2. Again, landing in Perth, my SIA 777 made 3 aborted landings (in bad weather) while other aircraft seemed to land OK.

SIA have a wide variety of nationalities flying their aircraft and from my personal experiences, i certainly find the Western captains more competant. I hope this does not sound racist, but ALL my rough landings are performed by Asian crew.

If there are any SIA pilots out there, I would like to hear from you. Also, any one got any other stories to tell about SIA??

Cheers guys!

Cathay Pacific

RE: SIA Pilots & Stories

Sat Nov 18, 2000 10:10 pm

i always hear you guys takl about the 'conflicts' they have in the flight deck.....but what are they??? can someone tell me??????

Cathay Pacific........Same Team, Same Dream    
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

Singapore 777

Sat Nov 18, 2000 10:44 pm

Yeah...their A340s, they really should train their pilots better.

1) Landing in Guangzhou in bad weather, the plane missed approach once and could not land smoothly on the second attempt.

2) Landing in Singapore from Perth, terrible weather, I doubt if the plane was high enough, it was flying quite low and we could just sense it. The pilot pulled the aircraft nosed up for a few moments and touch down was not straight, it was zig-zag down the runway.

My only one good landing in the A340 was in Beijing a few weeks ago. The landing was near to perfect.

I've had no problems on their 777s so far. In fact, I saw one land at Perth IN THE COCKPIT and it was done manually. Smooth and straight...this is probably something other airlines have too, maybe isolated incidents. You were saying the plane missed approach, it's the correct procedure...safety first!  

Cathay Pacific...The Wings of Asia!

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sat Nov 18, 2000 11:09 pm

That is concerning and distressing and amazing and shocking and devestating.

This must be reported to Singapore Airlines immediately or if you won't I will. Passenger safety must come first before love caviar in First Class and free-flowing champagne in Ecnomy.

Thankyo Krisworld777 for pointing this oooh story out to us.

Cathay Pacific - Isn't it same dream same team?
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

Sun Nov 19, 2000 12:17 am

http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/Ultimate.cgi
This is a Prof. Pilots site with 21,000+ members. Check the RUMORS AND NEWS section, and read the threads about SIA. Also, check the archives. Some hair-raising stories there, and they seem to be credible.

Cathay Pacific

Sun Nov 19, 2000 12:19 am

Singapore_Air:

it is Same Team, Same Dream, have a look at the pic......

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Johnson Y M Ng

Cathay Pacific.....Same Team, Same Dream    

Cathay Pacific

Sun Nov 19, 2000 12:29 am

should i still be excited in flying SQ to HK from SYD next month????  

FaisZ

Sun Nov 19, 2000 1:13 am

I don't belive that asian pilots are 'incompetant'. I was flying from Lahore back home to Singapore and the pilot was Singaporean (telling from his 'singlish' accent) and the landing was near perfect, i did not feel any bump when we touchdowned, we just glided smoothly.

HOWEVER, HOWEVER

When i was flying to Beijing from Singapore, we had a western captain. The landing was bad and scary too. A few negative G's here and there on the decent even though the sky was clear. And the touchdown was done on one wheel as the plane was obviously lop sided when we touched down.

I personally feel that it doesn't matter.
BTW Cathay Pacific.....Same Team, Same Dream....yeah Dream on. (no offense/flame based on opinion etc etc yeah.)

FaisZ

Sun Nov 19, 2000 1:13 am

I don't belive that asian pilots are 'incompetant'. I was flying from Lahore back home to Singapore and the pilot was Singaporean (telling from his 'singlish' accent) and the landing was near perfect, i did not feel any bump when we touchdowned, we just glided smoothly.

HOWEVER, HOWEVER

When i was flying to Beijing from Singapore, we had a western captain. The landing was bad and scary too. A few negative G's here and there on the decent even though the sky was clear. And the touchdown was done on one wheel as the plane was obviously lop sided when we touched down.

I personally feel that it doesn't matter about the race of the pilot.

FaisZ

Sun Nov 19, 2000 1:19 am

Sorry for the double post.
I guess you all get to see the un-censored version now 

B747-437B

Sun Nov 19, 2000 2:52 am

I know a number of SQ 744 commanders who are former AI pilots, and my honest opinion (gleaned from conversations with them) is that SQ are often forced to compromise their operational standards because of the continually changing nature of their fleet. Introducing new aircraft types on a regular basis is great for economics and PR, but it doesn't really help the pilots develop the familiarity with the type that many other similarly experienced pilots have.

That said, I would NOT hesitate to fly on an SQ aircraft anytime. They are just as competent as everyone else in PREVENTATIVE work, but as we may have seen in the TPE incident, their REACTIVE work is not neccesarily upto their own high standards.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sun Nov 19, 2000 4:16 am

This thread is still distressing. I will be checking out that website.

Cathay_Pacific: You should still be excited. You'll enjoy it.

Faisz: The reason that they land on one wheel is that there was a crosswind. They land on one wheel to see if they plane will blow over, if it does a bit, then the landing will be aborted, if it isn't then the other wheel will go down and then the front. Nothing to worry about. Quite exciting by the sounds of it.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sun Nov 19, 2000 4:25 am

I've just had a look at that site. Is everyone trying to bring SIA down??? THere's one person who scrounges for anything bad about SIA.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is like the world v. Bill Gates.

ryanair

Sun Nov 19, 2000 7:16 am

I've flown SQ four times, I have to say I did note all the landings were very rough, several were land, bounce, land, bounce, over and over before landing and I too noticed a fairly violent zig zag down the runway on every occassion. Long before all this came up it was something I associated with the airline, so recent tragic events haven't influenced me.

I've flown a lot, especially around Asia and have to say by it's not a situation I've experienced flying airlines like MH, CX, NH, BA, AN in Asia at the same airports. To me that suggests it's an SQ problem, rather than one of their operating environment. But that's hardly scientific.

I remember during the LHR 50th Birthday Celebrations, the SQ 744 got lost, while flying in formation with about 20 other jetliners, on visuals using a motorway (highway) to navigate, through clear countryside, at about 3,000 ft, clear blue skies, between Stansted and Duxford Air Museum where the formation was due to conduct a fly past, a distance of 20 miles. I actually watched it, an Air Canada 762 flying behind quick followed him, while some planes kept going straight on, others sharply turned left, into the path of a DHL DC8, who'd just conducted a fly past, an Iberia 722 behind saw what was going on and took a sharp left to avoid, it was quite a farse, but quite nasty.

At first SQ said there had been a computer fault, later they said further investigations showed they were running late and intended to do what they did to save time.

Sun Nov 19, 2000 10:13 am

The reason why SQ lands it rough most of the times, is that the crew have been thought to do "low drag approaches". At SIA they don't have the right to use speedbrakes with the flaps extented ...just to save fuel! Oh and maybe also that some of their F/O's just have a 500 hours total flying time...

Nicolas

AJ

Sun Nov 19, 2000 2:37 pm

The emphasis on landings is not a valid safety critique of a carrier. The aircraft is capable of a far harder landing than you. With large transport aircraft the quest for smooth touchdowns has lead to many a bent airframe off the end of the runway. A positive touchdown in the touchdown zone with weight on the wheels is often the best. Dropping a wing to allow for crosswind holds the danger of a pod strike, so a slightly crabbed touchdown is also the safer option.
In smooth conditions it is easier to get smoother touchdowns, however at the end of a long haul flight the mark one eyeball may be out by a millimetre, causing a firmer landing than desired, however pinpointing a 45 or 60 metre wide strip of asphalt as opposed to a mountain/building/city etc. is still the favoured option.
Happy Landings!  

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sun Nov 19, 2000 5:37 pm

Thank you AJ. Nicolas, care to direct us to the source of your information???????

krisworldB777

Sun Nov 19, 2000 6:19 pm

I have tried reporting the incidents to SIA but I never get a reply. Funny, I always get one when I compliment their service!

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sun Nov 19, 2000 6:23 pm

Well I complement their service and never get a reply.

However I did mention once that on a newswire thing, pilots were reporting skidding on wet runways with A310s. They replied saying that they would investigate but they haven't had such incidents.

SIA is safe. Don't worry

Singapore 777

Sun Nov 19, 2000 6:26 pm

From what I know when I consulted my uncle, who works in SIA as a flight crew, the feedback he gave me was that people can post anything on the Internet and not everyone is trustworthy. Besides, he pointed out the fact that that was a "Rumours" site.

My experience with them have been quite varied. I've flown with them for about 10 years now, and every twice a year, we make a trip (most of the time, short 1 hour trips). For the morning flights to Penang, somehow the landings are quite OK. It's usually an A310 but in recent times, we have even gotten 777s on that route. The 777 touchdown is moderate but the aftershocks are tremendous as the runway is not very well-paved in my opinion. However, last December, our A310 had to execute a standard procedural manouever as the plane was facing bearing 040 and we had to land on Runway 22 due to winds. The plane turned and started descending a little too rapidly. I did think we were lined up properly but apparently not, as the plane swung left and right (not noticeably) and we were pretty close to clipping the Seagate factory. The touchdown was OK.

However, landing in Singapore is a different story. The landings here are always very well-controlled and not too rough. Touchdown is smooth (except for once, A340 from Perth, read my post above).

Two bad landings out of three pretty much sums up either the skills of the A340 pilots or the aircraft itself. However, I will be making another trip in the A340 soon so we'll see how the landing is. The 777 landing in Perth however, was very good. Reverse thrust was not too powerful and touchdown couldn't really be felt.

I think it's best to take everything with a pinch of salt.

Sun Nov 19, 2000 9:27 pm

Singapore_Air: Sure, http://www.pprune.org, go to the rumour and news forum then do a search on SIA there. This forum is frequented by qualified flight crews that knows what they talk about. You'll be surprise in many point, trust me!

Nicolas

Singapore 777

Sun Nov 19, 2000 10:08 pm

I know. I've been to that site before. It's quite hard to believe but I was telling my uncle all about this site. He was like laughing and saying something which I couldn't quite decipher. Anyway, I'll be flying SQ in two weeks time anyway.

Seeya!  

Cathay Pacific, Same Team Same Dream

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sun Nov 19, 2000 10:23 pm

To be honest we could do this to every airline.

BA 747 touches down heavily - gear breaks
UA 777 engine explodes - touches down safely.

I think because we have such high ecpectations of an airline of SIA' calibre, we are shocked distressed saddened etc.. by these reports. But these are just rumours most of the time.

I shall be bombarding SIA worldwide (USA, UK, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore) with e-mails concerning this and other things.

I'll let you know their reply (If I get one, they can just be so impolite.)

Mon Nov 20, 2000 9:33 am

Oh my nononononon Singapore_Air,I can easily tell my mom or my uncle who both work in SIA   .

And honestly Nicolaki,PPRUNE is not very accurate as it is a rumor forum.On our landing in HKG,it was rather smooth(B744) even though we had to fly through a low cloud.And our landing at SIN(B744) was also very smooth even though it was dark.

Gundu

Singapore 777

Mon Nov 20, 2000 11:13 am

My dear Gundu:

Pilots ARE supposed to know how to fly an aircraft through a cloud and in darkness relatively smoothly and if they can't, then you are not in safe hands.

These are not the major obstacles. The major obstacles concern things like the approach and whether they can land straight or they have to go zig zag.

krisworldB777

Tue Nov 21, 2000 5:48 pm

Hey, lets not say that every single SIA landing is bad because they are not. I have just had some bad ones. After visiting PPRUNE myself, I was shocked at the stories and I do wonder about the reliability. It seems to me there is a major cultural problem within the company especially with expats and it is worrying that large multi-national counties still operate like this.

airnewzealand

Tue Nov 21, 2000 7:54 pm

WHY, WHY, WHY OH WHY is everybody bagging SIA after the incident in Taipei. It makes me feel very sick to hear all these comments about such a great airline. Look how much flights SIA operates per day and how many bad landings do they make? Hardly any. It might be just your bad luck to get that sort of landing
Cheers
mikey  

krisworldB777

Tue Nov 21, 2000 9:33 pm

Mr Air New Zealand,
I am not bagging SIA - this is a forum to hear other people's views. I have experienced bad landings aboard SIA flights and so I am seeing if anyone else has - everyone has at least one bad landing. I totally agree, SIA is a great airline, they are my favourite but every company has their faults. Don't they?

Tue Nov 21, 2000 11:28 pm

Based on consumer satisfaction SIA is great that's true. But there is some other factors to take into account, such as safety, which is not the first item on SIA priority list as it may seems. Beleive it or not saving fuel is more important for them. Anyways you have your views, I have mine, if you want to fly with them fine, but i will certainly not as there alot more better airlines in terms of safety.

Just don't get fooled by the Champagne and the Caviar and the rest...

Nicolas

Jubilee777

Wed Nov 22, 2000 1:07 am

Nicholas,

Here's my views. Pprune's so called "qualified flight crews" are basically those who had registered and has posted more than 30 posts. So, if i were to register and post there, i will be "qualified" too...although i must say i know nuts about the stuff at the cockpit.

About 8 months ago or so, there was a arguement in one of the post, saying that too many fake identities in the forum and no control over the identities on those posting. In the end, it seems that nothing was done, and all those non-crew were still allowed to post.

There are also some flight crews from SIA also trying to dispute the theories, although, as i said, identification is a real problem.

For me, if a particular Mr.XXX is ALWAYS posting something bad about a particular airline, most likely he is not to be trusted so easily.

J777

SInGAPORE_AIR

Wed Nov 22, 2000 2:31 am

Nicolaki - Would you like to name some "safer" airlines????

OK so QANTAS the only major carrier not to have a crash hasn't crashed - yet - and hopefully not.

Personally I blame the ATC but that doesn't belong in this topic.

That Pprune or whatever might seem true, but take for example the Harry Potter writer J.K. Rowling. Lovely woman, great words but all fantasy and fiction.

Not to diss you Nicolaki, you're entitled to your opinion and those were my two cents.

You are all the weakest link - Goodbye

jaysit

Wed Nov 22, 2000 2:32 am

Equating a hard landing or a zigzag landing with an incompetent pilot is nonsense. Weather conditions, landing weights, cross-winds, runaway lengths, etc are all a factor.

Too many passengers equate a butter smooth landing with safety, competence, status of the carrier. I fly a lot in the US, primarily in the North East corridor, on a variety of aircraft - A320 family, 737NGs, 757s, etc - and the landings vary immensely.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Wed Nov 22, 2000 3:01 am

For goodness sake, don't fall into the trap of believing everything you read on pprune. Pilots act just like grown-up adolescents-if you see what I mean.

I personally give Titan, Sia Sniffer and Gladiator NO credibility-they seem like bitter and twisted old men to me-perhaps they were rejected or fired by SIA for very reasonable reasons.

Most contributors on Rumours and News seem to be aircrew, I will confirm this myself by attending one of the pprune "Bashes" in Gatwick on the 1st December.

Needless to say, SIA do have some CRM-related problems as well as training and management "difficulties", according to a Captain of a UK charter airline. Whether that contributed to the accident no one as yet knows.

BTW, "flight deck qualified" on pprune means nothing, as someone else mentioned. This is just a bit of humour on Capt pprune's side.

Plus, I am very surprised at how people can judge the safety of an airline by it's landings!! Oh come on people, the softness of the landing means NOTHING!! A "greaser" actually increases the wear and tear of the tyres!! (tyres spelt in UK english).

Last-minute windshear may occur during the flare, a pilot can't do anything about that-you WILL slam down onto the R/W then, whatever happens! Read AJ's post again.

And this Western superiority in airmanship is a load of ol bull! My flight instructor is half-Chinese-but he flies like an ace!! It's the training and personal aptitude and attitude that count. Race doesn't count.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Wed Nov 22, 2000 7:02 am

Captain Piicard - Enterprise: "some CRM-related problems " what does that mean????? (the CRM I mean).

Hoorah - Two comments I personally agree on.

I hope you enjoy the "bash". I do find it a bit amusing that you would go to such a farce just to confirm these posts in this forum

airnewzealand

Wed Nov 22, 2000 7:59 am

KrisworldB777,
You are quite right. But why are all these bad and negative things coming out about SIA now and not before the Taipei incident??
Qantas is not a safe carrier, have you seen how much bad landings they do?? They over shoot runways all the time have difficulty while taxiing for takeoff (eg Rome) And there planes always land lobsided. Even though they have not had a fatality i would diffinetly not fly with them!!!
Every airline does have there faults. Air NZ has there faults, LH has there faults but just a few bad landings should not dis courage you from flying them.
Capt. Picard... WELL SAID
cheers
mikey  

AJ

Wed Nov 22, 2000 9:12 am

"Qantas is not a safe carrier, have you seen how much bad landings they do?? They over shoot runways all the time have difficulty while taxiing for takeoff (eg Rome) And there planes always land lobsided. Even though they have not had a fatality i would diffinetly not fly with them!!!"
Care to justify these comments with some facts?

Singapore 777

Wed Nov 22, 2000 9:18 am

Hey Hey

Qantas is not an unsafe carrier. They just had a few more minor than minor incidents. But I think they're recent 1 year old airline food case is unforgivable though. They are still overall very safe.

SIA is also safe though I had this weird dream last night about 9V-SPL. Hmm...I guess I better not say it here!

Wed Nov 22, 2000 9:23 am

The dream where SPL crashed after takeoff??TOUCHWOOD!!Or Dai Ga Lai Si in Cantonese.However,SIA is still a very safe airline to fly on.In addition,my flight to Hong Kong was piloted by a Malay and the plane glided smoothly to 25L(I think??).But then the return flight, piloted by a Westerner,the landing was so horrible in that the plane was like shaking.

And Carol,perhaps you shouldnt dream so much  

Gundu

chiawei

Wed Nov 22, 2000 9:35 am

I had very good experiences with SQ. Nice services, other than the SQ006 crash, it is one of the safest airlines.

Of the subject a little. SIA is a good airlines, compare to likes of China airlines. china airlines is one of the worse airline there is.

So far they have managed to write off nearly every single boeing made jets that they have operated

707 (lost on in training, another in phillipines, 727, 737-200 (crashed into mountain), 747-400 (lost one in HKG)

So far CI also have managed to write of A300-600, MD-11 as well.

Wed Nov 22, 2000 12:44 pm

Singapore-Air

CRM stands for Crew Resource Management-I can't give a dictionary definition other than to say it is related to the effectiveness with which a given aircrew on any particular flight are able to co-operate with each other, question each other's actions at any time without fear of retribution and generally keep each other informed throughout the flight.

Basically CRM attempts to insert some flexibility into what some may regard as an absolute and rigid heirarchy of power in the flightdeck ie. Captain is God-don't ever question his abilities or actions etc.

Their appears to be a problem within SQ-the junior aircrew seem VERY reluctant to question their Captains' decisions, and Captains appear to reject the whole concept of CRM-if this is found to be the cause or at least a contributing factor to the SQ accident, then investigators will want to know why CRM is such a touchy issue at SQ; as you may have seen on pprune, many who have worked as aircrew at SIA (excluding a minority who are always solidly attacking SQ) appear to have voiced concern about the prevailing culture in the region (respect of elders' decisions etc.)

This is not a racist theory, it is simply an attempt to explain why Asian aircrew appear less willing to question the judgement of an older person-it is a serious problem if it exists-you never leave anything to chance when flying-if that means forcibly relieving the Captain of command in the interests of the safety of the pax and the a/c as well as those on the ground, then let the First Officer overrrule the Captain. He MUST in such a situation.

Would YOU reject your school/college principle's orders if they endangered your safety (I hope so, although I think you can understand the difficulty of rejecting an experienced superior's judgement).

krisworldB777

Wed Nov 22, 2000 8:42 pm

Captain Picard..... Well said. Now, my dad is a crisis communications and PR consultant - trains companies how to deal with a crisis.

He has a few things to say. He has done extensive work throughout Asia and knows many extremely professional and competant Asian people.

However, he notes that they cannot handle emergencies - it is the wish of god......?? A good friend of his, a Malaysian executive with BP says that they "shut down" in an emergency situation. I find it hard to believe, but this is what he says.

According to my dad, Singapore Airlines handled the situation with flying colours but said that the appearance of the Los Angeles based employee who gave the press statement was unprofessional and ill-prepared. So, well done SIA.

With the case of Qantas safety, I was aboard QF 1, which crashed in Bangkok last year while I was on my way to London. I was on the upper deck and when the aircraft had touched down, I heard a lady scream from within the cockpit......

The aircraft overran and bags fell out from the overhead compartments with 1 bag giving me a huge bruise on the leg.

The Qantas handling was disgusting, the captain did not tell us what was happening for about 45 minutes. Cabin crew walked around like lost sheep. I have not travelled Qantas since. Not because of the accident itself but the way the company handled it.

If you think in statistics, wouldn't qantas be the next airline to have a really major crash seeing as they haven't had one yet?

Singapore 777

Wed Nov 22, 2000 9:13 pm

Touchwood!! Let us all not predict whether who will be the next walking toward a major air crash ok? I think in this modern world, the standards are already so close that it won't really make much of a difference whether or not I'm flying SQ or QF.

Yes, the LA-based spokesman should be sacked immediately. He did not even seek SQ out for information but simply just announced it.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Thu Nov 23, 2000 1:06 am

The LA man was James Boyd, head of SIA USA. I have had no contact from him whatsoever. I thought he handled it quite well actually. I don't know what was bad about it.

CRM: Well then, I do admit that there could be some of that in SQ and other airlines. It's not just SIA (if it is present in SIA).

I haven't written to SIA yet. I wil though a the weekend.

Thu Nov 23, 2000 4:24 am

Capt Picard,

If you are looking for an accident waiting to happen based on culture, you don't have to look too far, try the major operator at your local airport!

CRM is a joke, especially is cross culture situations.

Thu Nov 23, 2000 7:37 am

Ambasaid,

why do you think CRM is a joke??

It was obviously devised as a solution to some kind of problem!

Yes, I don't deny lack of "CRM" has contributed to previous accidents (Tenerife being the first thing that comes into my head), I was merely suggesting the crew may not have put safety ahead of other factors when deciding to depart that night.

Surely with three on the FD someone must have spotted a mistake?? If they did, what did they do about it? No one knows, but IMO, nothing. He/she didn't act on her doubts by alerting the Captain to them. Result=what happened.

This is where I think CRM comes into play, and where I think SQ has a problem (among others).

I do not think CRM is a joke, I think it is invaluable and I saw it in action today, on the FD of a Ryanair 738!! How? Constructive criticism of the Captain's landing in AAR (Aarhus) by the FO. Captain acknowleged his mistake in flaring too late.

Would other aircrews similarly subjectively criticise their Captain's actions (in the name of safety) ? If not, they SHOULD! How? CRM training!!

Capt.Picard

G-KIRAN

Sat Dec 09, 2000 2:13 am

This topic is a bit of a joke.The next thing I know is that someone here will say that SIA is the most dangerous airline on earth due to the fact that he/she felt a slight jolt on landing.
Many of you mentioned that in clear weather the pilot made a mess of it.Did it occur to you just crosswinds and turbulence still exist even in clear weather?Landing in valleys can also produce heavy turbulence.Most landings are smooth because they are flown on autpilot using the ILS at the airport.A plane can even land on its own,if the ILS was a CATlll.Every major airport has one.But even during very strong crosswinds it is common for the aircraft to turn left and right to stay lined up with the runway and they often have to be lop-sided to counter the effect of the crosswind.Sometimes it is safer to smack the aircraft on to the runway then to let it down slowly and smoothly when using a wet or damp runway.This is to prevent aquaplanning.So why dont all of you with flight simulators at home try landing in very strong crosswinds with lots of turbulence and wind shear and see whether you can land the plane without the autopilot right on the piano keys and maintain dead centre on the runway during roll out.I cant.Then try it with the autopilot the landing wont be that smooth.Now imagine flying that in real life.Scary right?

Everyday these kind of landings happen to virtually every airline.So just get off the pilots backs and lets see you put your money where your mouth is!You have talked the talk but can you walk the walk?

Anyone for an aerobatics lesson in an A310 over the Bay of Bengal(this is worth talking about)?

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sat Dec 09, 2000 2:19 am

Well I thought this was buried yonks ago!

The A310 over Bengal: Can we have some facts and sources please. This seems awfully fictional and untrue and immature

G-KIRAN

Sat Dec 09, 2000 1:24 pm

I 1st heard about the A310 over bengal in an airliners.net post.Also they was something about a 747 stalling at 39000ft.

747-fan

Sat Dec 09, 2000 4:22 pm

Oh please

Its transparent that Indian guy wants to elicit the response.It was a calculated move.Ignore

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sat Dec 09, 2000 5:35 pm

I am surprised that post from Indian guy is here. Duh! There is a Suggest Deletion button which I'm gonna use!
Yes this was highlighted on an Airliners.net post but no mention of the source (actual).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos