A388 wrote:Are other routes that see the 744's getting the 777 instead seeing that CUR will remain a 747 destination until retirement of all the 744's?
Which aircraft will replace the 744 fleet?
If I remember correctly KL doesn't have that many 77W on order now(?)
Or will the 789's replace the combi 744's?
How many 789's does KL still have on order at this moment?
I'm interested in seeing how KL will reshuffle its fleet with more 744's being phased out.
What about the A332 fleet?
Which aircraft will replace their A332?
1. KLM has withdrawn the B744 from AMS-TYO, this route is now B77W.
2. The B77W replaces the B744, the aircraft have the same seating.
3. KLM still has 2x B77W on order, delivery next year. PH-BVS Febr 2017 + PH-BVU May 2017
4. B789 seat 292 pax, while B74M seat 268 pax. and carries significant cargo. So with each replacement seat capacity grows, cargo capacity is reduced. Cargo loadfactor will improve.
5. B789 on order PH-BHL, PH-BHM, PH-BHO
6. KLM received 2x B77W earlier this year and operated 12x B77W + 7x B744 (19x 408 seats) over peak summer. The parking of 2x B744 will bring the fleet back to 17x 408 seats in winter. The delivery of 2x B77W next year will bring the summer 2017 back to 19x 408 seaters.
7. The A332 (243 seats) has always been an interim aircraft between B763 and B789, therefore mostly leased. The 5x A333 (292 seats) were a bit of an after thought (not part of long term plan, but will stay for a while).
8. More B789 are expected to replace A332.
No doubt other A.nutters will add more information.
http://www.planespotters.net/airline/KL ... h-Airlines