DFW

Can't We All Just Get Along?

Sun Mar 28, 1999 4:06 pm

I have a statement to make. Reply if you wish to. I think Boeing and Airbus are both fine makers of airplanes. They both have their faults, as all companies do. I take issue with the monopoly question with Boeing, but other than that I have no problems with either one of them. As some of you know, I usually refuse to get mired in this endless debate. I just want to know why I am a bad person for liking them both. I have travelled around the world on both and love them both. I assure you than I am sober. Thanks as always. Cheers.

Ken

RE: Can't We All Just Get Along?

Sun Mar 28, 1999 6:27 pm

I've got nothing to add. You've said it all.

Philly Phlyer

RE: Well Said, DITTO, Agree

Sun Mar 28, 1999 11:00 pm

Thanks for the post.

antonov

Mon Mar 29, 1999 12:29 am

Of course I agree too and wonder why AGAIN this had to be posted.
When will this Airbus-Boeing-fan-thing ever end ? Will it help Boeing or Airbus by choosing a side, starting elections or discussing over them all the time ???
Will it change anything at all and what do we learn from it ????

Mon Mar 29, 1999 9:12 am

Excellent post. I'm pro Boeing myself, but that is just a bit of national pride creeping in. I like and dislike jets from both manufacturers. The 340 is probably the sexiest commercial jet ever made. The 747-400 is the most astonishing by far. It just stops you dead in your tracks whenever you see it. And while the 757 is probably the least comfortable plane to fly in coach, the 777 is simply the best (regardless of class). Airbus makes 'em sexy, but Boeing makes 'em like trucks, they just keep on going.

And what about the lack of respect for the old Soviet/Russian jets. The people that work for the major design bureaus have some of the best minds in the aviation world. Don't forget, the MIGs and Sukhois can still perform flight manuevers unheard of in the West. I know these are military folks but just a quick point in defense of our fellow aviation comrades.

antonov

RE: Well Said, Knuckles!

Mon Mar 29, 1999 10:05 am

I am glad that someone still talks (or wants to talk) about the Russians even if they can't keep up with the Boeing or Airbus factory.
We need more entries like yours Comrade White !

DFW

RE: Well Said, Knuckles!

Mon Mar 29, 1999 1:43 pm

I wish the Russians could compete! Boeing and Airbus need competition. I have tremoendous respect for Antonov, Illushin (spelling?), and Tupolev. Wish we saw more of them. Easy on the comrade thing Antonov. Cold war is over. Cheers.

Ken

antonov

RE: Well Said, Knuckles!/Dfw

Mon Mar 29, 1999 11:57 pm

Easy on the comrade thing Antonov. Cold war is over.

Are you sure ???? In this present forum I sometimes wonder...

;-)