krisworldB777

SIA Stewardess Uniform

Sun Nov 26, 2000 6:11 pm

During the last month of so, there has been some specualtion on airliners.net about the SIA kebaya after the crash of SQ006. When at the airport yesterday, I watched the SIA crew walk through immigration at the end of their flight from Singapore to Perth as SQ 223 and was suprised to see that the stewardesses foot ware has been changed already.

Instead of the old thong like sandals, there are now more supportive sandal like slippers with a built in heel which still look traditional but I am sure that they are far better in an emergency. I must add that after watching the Malaysia Airlines and Qantas cabin crew at the same time, the presentation of the SIA crew is outstandingly good. Well done girls!

SIA fan

RE: SIA Stewardess Uniform

Sun Nov 26, 2000 6:19 pm

Hmm..I'm not so sure about this but someone told me that SIA girls change their footwear from the sandals inside the aircraft to something else outside the aircraft. Perhaps what you saw was the footwear that was supposed to be worn outside the aircraft. But it is also possible they might have changed the footwear too.

SIA fan
SQ*G BD*S

blink182

RE: SIA Stewardess Uniform

Mon Nov 27, 2000 9:44 am

Just out of curious, what are the SIA,Qantas, and Malaysia cabin crew uniforms look like?
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...