wjcandee

TWA Perfect Day Sunday

Tue Nov 28, 2000 9:49 am

According to a press release today, TWA operated another "perfect day" on Sunday, with zero cancelled flights for any reason. More than 92,000 pax flew, a load factor of 89.7 percent.

Pretty darn impressive, especially considering the horrible weather in NYC, which lead to some huge delays at LGA.

Congratulations, TWA!

--Bill

RE: TWA Perfect Day Sunday

Tue Nov 28, 2000 10:05 am

That's nice to hear. I flew back to BOS on TWA via JFK on Saturday and was only slightly delayed out of SFO (and was very surprised to be served a hot breakfast). However, I hear JFK ops on Sunday were a total mess. Lots of people I know got screwed.

Tue Nov 28, 2000 10:40 am

I flew on JetBlue back to JFK from FLL on sunday and arrived at 9:05AM (from 6:25 departure), and JFK was a complete mess, not just for TWA, but for all airlines. It was wet, foggy, and awful.

Tue Nov 28, 2000 10:41 am

Just curious Raddog, what kind of plane did you get from JFK to BOS? Was it their daily MD80 rotation or a TSA Jetstream? Also, how was the load?

Tue Nov 28, 2000 11:56 pm

I got the MD-80 and it was packed full to the brim. 842 was late coming in from SFO, so they held the BOS flight as there were 25 of us connecting. All the people on the MD-80 thought they had an empty flight and had switched seats, and then it was chaos when we all got on at the last minute. The 767 sfo-jfk was pretty darn full as well.

Wed Nov 29, 2000 12:02 am

Good news! Sorry there was confusion on the BOS leg, the FA should's should've prevented that prior to your boarding.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos