The Ticketor
Topic Author

BU Might Be Sold In Near Future

Wed Nov 29, 2000 5:46 pm

The Norwegain carrier Braathens (BU) might be sold in the near future. There has been rumors circulating that the entire, or parts, airline might be sold to an unknown company for the sum of NOK600 million (approx USD64 million, GBP45 million), which to me sounds like peanuts, but financial analysts say that his is the only way to save the company. BU has a board meeting today, so maybe something will come out of that.

I just hope that BU doesn´t go belly-up. That would be very bad indeed for the flying public in Norway, since SK would get an almost total monopoly in the domestic market.

RE: BU Might Be Sold In Near Future

Thu Nov 30, 2000 2:04 am

Well after that misstake in sweden buying TQ (Transwede) and 6E (Malmo Aviation) was a very hard hit for them, loosing money on the ARN-OSL route is not a healthy sign either.

I think they have to sell it otherwise there is no possibility to tak any steps further.

Thom@s

Thu Nov 30, 2000 2:14 am

Ticketor---Have you read the article on http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/ It is in Norwegian so not everyone will be able to understand what it means.
However, the "informationdirector" in Braathens here says that the bid is pure nonsense. However if someone were to buy them it is possible it could be KLM. (They own 30 of the stocks (spelling?) in Braathens.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

The Ticketor
Topic Author

Thu Nov 30, 2000 6:29 pm

Yes, Thom@s, I just read that and something on Aftenposten.no about that too. We´ll just have to wait and see. I guess KL would be the logical purchasers, but who knows.

In the meantime, BU´s finances are just getting worse and worse...