wjcandee
Topic Author

Re: Amazon Fleet Growing

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:53 am

And 378AN (to be 395CM) is now in ROW, presumably at Dean Baldwin for paint.

It will probably come out all-white, perhaps with some minimal indicia of operator, but here's hoping that it will come out with a nice full ATI livery, like that on the 757s. Since it has winglets, the logo would of course look pretty-cool on them.

Like this, but on a 767-300...

Whiplash6

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:35 am

N212R wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Let's hope that the pilot unions and the airlines can come to some sort of agreement such that some of the more die-hard anti-company pilots don't intentionally take action to interfere with the operation during those periods.

A curious modifier, "anti-company", to describe professional pilots who presumably want to retain a work environment concurrent with existing industry standards. What if it was more a case of these cut-throat, profit at any cost companies being "anti-employee?"

I couldn't agree more.

I believe most guys want to see their company do well, but if it means not treating its employees fairly and compensating them along the standards of the industry then it can liquidate and burn.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:40 pm

N212R wrote:
A curious modifier, "anti-company", to describe professional pilots who presumably want to retain a work environment concurrent with existing industry standards. What if it was more a case of these cut-throat, profit at any cost companies being "anti-employee?"

Candidly, I thought mine was a pretty-balanced post, recognizing that many folks just want to go to work with no drama and leave the negotiating to the union, that many folks are pissed and want to take action to try to hasten a resolution, that one company's choice of new president would seem to be calculated as a tension-heightening, union-challenging move, and that pay scales, while higher than at some other operations, aren't as high as some ACMI carriers with newer contracts are. In that context, someone who will (illegally) take action for the purpose of disrupting the carrier's and customer's operation at an important time is I think fairly characterized as "anti-company". Or maybe also "anti-customer". Certainly all people who strongly support their union or are upset about their company's approach to labor negotiations would not be fairly characterized as "anti-company", as you point out, and that's not what I did, nor what I intended to do.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:25 pm

So I have been watching N7375A and N374AA, which have been at BFM since 3/25 and 4/18, respectively, since being flown there from storage in ROW. Word from a poster on here was that they were going through a heavy-check at BFM before being sold for freighter conversion. I had a feeling that CAM was the buyer, and it looks like that is indeed the case. As of yesterday, the registration on N7375A was changed to CAM.

N7375A flew last night (8/31/17) from BFM to ILN. Looks like it will be off to TLV in due course.

BTVB6Flyer

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:45 am

Atlas Air did CLT-TPA-CLT today as 6900.

New route?

Allee

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:55 am

Is Amazon allowed to put freight on DHL's flights out of CVG?

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:53 am

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Atlas Air did CLT-TPA-CLT today as 6900.

New route?

The frame they used had been in CLT for like a week. Since they have several extras, they tend not to move them until they need them. I thought it looked like a potential rescue flight that they then didn't need. Why it then went back to CLT is anybody's guess, so I might be completely-wrong. CLT-TPA-CLT certainly is a potential node combination, but if you look at the history of things, they usually start new routes with the 762, not the 763, and Atlas only has 763s, so... Bottom line is we won't know until we know I guess.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:12 am

Allee wrote:
Is Amazon allowed to put freight on DHL's flights out of CVG?

"Allowed' has a lot of meanings. Amazon certainly ships boxes on carriers like FedEx, UPS, USPS, Lasership, etc., so it certainly is possible that they could reach a deal with DHL to ship packages in the US for them, although DHL has eliminated its intra-US express delivery service. (It does, however, do a domestic customer-to-post-office service for final-mile delivery by the USPS, which is now called DHL E-Commerce and used to be called SmartMail (as opposed to FedEx's SmartPost).) In terms of straight lift of containers or pallets, again I suppose they could cut a deal with DHL to carry Amazon pallets or containers. However, there are a lot of reasons not to do that, and my understanding, at least, is that they aren't and won't be doing that.

I think that the ABX pilot union believes that it has or had some kind of agreement with ABX that it would be the sole ATSG-owned carrier of DHL freight (on 767s, I guess) out of CVG. So there was some talk in the past about what would happen if DHL put boxes on an ATI 767. At least at one point, there was a sense that there would be a problem if Amazon agreed to carry DHL containers on ATI flights out of CVG. I don't know the actual particulars of the actual ABX-IBT contract side letter (the original contract itself doesn't explicitly say anything about it), but it really doesn't matter, because I think the chances of Amazon carrying DHL freight on its planes is a number approaching zero at infinity.

Newbiepilot

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 am

DHL does the ground handling for the Amazon fleet at CVG, so perhaps it is not so far fetched that they use some of the excess capacity on the DHL 767-200 flights.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Newbiepilot wrote:
DHL does the ground handling for the Amazon fleet at CVG, so perhaps it is not so far fetched that they use some of the excess capacity on the DHL 767-200 flights.

DHL for now does the ground handling. It is not as simple an issue as just putting containers on another carrier's planes. It's not that it is "not so far fetched" that they could do it; fact is that they are NOT doing it.

DLASFlyer

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Anyone notice the Prime logo has changed on Amazon.com? I assume Prime Air logo/livery will change too at some point.

USAirKid

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:46 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
Anyone notice the Prime logo has changed on Amazon.com? I assume Prime Air logo/livery will change too at some point.

I'm not really sure Amazon would drop the money to repaint the planes outside of a required maintenance check. Plus I'm not sure they'd spring for a new set of stencils in what is essentially an internal need. (Yeah, people see them at airports, but I'm not sure how much it really matters...)

wjcandee
Topic Author

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:48 pm

wjcandee wrote:
So I have been watching N7375A and N374AA, which have been at BFM since 3/25 and 4/18, respectively, since being flown there from storage in ROW. Word from a poster on here was that they were going through a heavy-check at BFM before being sold for freighter conversion. I had a feeling that CAM was the buyer, and it looks like that is indeed the case. As of yesterday, the registration on N7375A was changed to CAM.

N7375A flew last night (8/31/17) from BFM to ILN. Looks like it will be off to TLV in due course.

So N7375A is on its way from ILN to TLV today for conversion.

Acey559

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Rumors were floating around that PVD would be the next Amazon station for ATI and today we just received an email from HR (they go out to all employees) for a PVD station manager position. I'm not sure what kind of lead time they typically have in getting a station up and running, but it appears that PVD will be happening in the somewhat near future. Also, 395CM should be finished soon. An employee picture will be taken in Wilmington on the 19th so it shouldn't be long before it leaves ROW. I believe this Friday is the estimated day of departure.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Acey559 wrote:
Rumors were floating around that PVD would be the next Amazon station for ATI and today we just received an email from HR (they go out to all employees) for a PVD station manager position. I'm not sure what kind of lead time they typically have in getting a station up and running, but it appears that PVD will be happening in the somewhat near future. Also, 395CM should be finished soon. An employee picture will be taken in Wilmington on the 19th so it shouldn't be long before it leaves ROW. I believe this Friday is the estimated day of departure.

Great info, Acey!

Sounds like 395 is going to have a real ATI livery, then. How exciting! That may explain why it's taking a couple of days longer than usual to paint.

Yeah, there was some talk a while ago about PVD vs BOS, etc. The station could be for DHL, of course, but I think that you are correct that it is probably for Amazon. It's a smart location. I was just up there a month or so ago for several days. Great city. (And I thought it would be a far-superior location than Boston for Amazon's HQ2; you're close enough to the academia in Boston and environs without actually having to live there, and there's a strong academic presence there as well (Brown, RISDI, etc.). Quality of life for worker bees would be much higher in Providence than Boston. Only the top executives would think that Boston was an inexpensive place to live. Of course, I think Dallas would be the best location because it's uber-business-friendly, has fabulous workers, has insane housing bang-for-the-buck and QOL -- and is not a People's Republic like Austin and Boston. And the airport connectivity is in the top 2 or 3 in the country.)

Acey559

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:43 pm

We just received our weekly email update and there was mention of the PVD route. It is an Amazon station and will operate CVG-PVD-CVG. We also picked up a stopover route though TPA. As for 395, it is painted similar to 751CX with the red globe on the winglets, etc. From the looks of it, the paint looks great!

wjcandee
Topic Author

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:00 am

Acey559 wrote:
As for 395, it is painted similar to 751CX with the red globe on the winglets, etc. From the looks of it, the paint looks great!

That's what I was hoping for! I think that livery will look amazing on a 767-300.

BTVB6Flyer

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:05 am

Acey559 wrote:
We also picked up a stopover route though TPA.

What does this mean exactly?

Acey559

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:47 am

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Acey559 wrote:

Honestly not sure. Our bids for October/November haven't come out yet but my guess is that we will do something like CLT-TPA-CVG. I'm assuming stopover simply means that we won't lay over in Tampa but simply stop, unload, load and be on our way.

HPRamper

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:56 am

My friend at LBB messaged me about a Prime Air emergency diversion this morning - said it was the PHX-BWI plane and that it landed completely dark with no lights visible. Hadn't heard if it got back out today - any word?

Acey559

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:08 am

[threeid][/threeid]
HPRamper wrote:
My friend at LBB messaged me about a Prime Air emergency diversion this morning - said it was the PHX-BWI plane and that it landed completely dark with no lights visible. Hadn't heard if it got back out today - any word?

It was 359AZ on the PHX-BWI flight as you mentioned. The crew lost the right AC bus and as part of the QRH procedure they started the APU to restore full electrical power....except that the APU generator never came on line so they were still down a bus. Diverted to LBB and it appears the aircraft should be leaving LBB soon. Fleet status shows the plane in BWI but FlightAware says it is scheduled at 11PM CDT.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:27 am

And she's on her way to BWI now.

Looks like they may briefly have planned initially to divert to AMA while headed East-Northeast, then cancelled that and turned due South and flew the 125 miles to LBB.

359AZ, of course, spent a bunch of time at ILN post-conversion, to address an AD, and then had some repeat gremlins when she first went into revenue service. But it doesn't seem like she has had major issues since then. Or maybe I haven't been following carefully-enough...

bravoindia

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Ground breaking of the 6th cargo slot at ABE Tuesday morning. Hopefully it will be ready for peak and maybe a sign of additional flights for the rest of the year now that there will be room to move down there. Atlas has been landing on 13-31 as 6-24 is closed, ATI has once. It is scheduled to close next week M/T/W as well. Pretty impressive on 5700'
Jet-A, coffee, headset.

Acey559

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:09 pm

bravoindia wrote:
Ground breaking of the 6th cargo slot at ABE Tuesday morning. Hopefully it will be ready for peak and maybe a sign of additional flights for the rest of the year now that there will be room to move down there. Atlas has been landing on 13-31 as 6-24 is closed, ATI has once. It is scheduled to close next week M/T/W as well. Pretty impressive on 5700'

I noticed that when I was there over the past couple weeks. It'll definitely be nice to have some extra room as it gets pretty tight on the far end of the ramp. RFD is also currently doing some grading work adjacent to the Amazon ramp. Word is that they're effectively doubling the size to make room for expected growth.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:48 pm

And 395CM should be landing shortly at ILN. Photos, please!! Thank you.

BOEING777EK

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:10 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Do we have any info on which operator it might go to ATI/ABX or even Amazon prime?

Acey559

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:25 pm

I have a picture I'll get uploaded sometime this evening.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:50 pm

BOEING777EK wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Do we have any info on which operator it might go to ATI/ABX or even Amazon prime?

Sure. It's going to be used by ATI. It will be a kind of operational/maintenance spare for Amazon, and also available for other use by ATI. It's an ATI aircraft, not an Amazon-dry-leased aircraft. It's there to ensure that ATI can hit its performance targets, among other things. (ATI has painted this in full ATI livery. I saw a photo. It looks nice!!) Giant did the same thing with 1709A, except painted it in white. 1709A is used by Atlas as needed to cover for broken aircraft on the Amazon and DHL accounts, as well as for other uses that they may need it for.

BTVB6Flyer

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:45 am

Acey559 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Acey559 wrote:

Honestly not sure. Our bids for October/November haven't come out yet but my guess is that we will do something like CLT-TPA-CVG. I'm assuming stopover simply means that we won't lay over in Tampa but simply stop, unload, load and be on our way.

Yeah I'm intrigued to what new route potential this has for TPA. So this would be on ATI? I can't see 3x daily on TPA-CVG unless it replaces ABX or Atlas, but would make it interesting.

So far post-Irma the BWI route to TPA hasn't flown since the airport closed Saturday.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:51 pm

NEW STATION ALERT!!

PDX.

I'm surprised that with all the speculation about other stations, nobody in the know mentioned that this was coming! :-)

So, starting today, the BWI-SEA-BWI route on GTI (3536/3537) adds a stop at PDX.

First flight is inflight now. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/GTI3 ... /KBWI/KPDX

HPRamper

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 pm

wjcandee wrote:
NEW STATION ALERT!!

PDX.

I'm surprised that with all the speculation about other stations, nobody in the know mentioned that this was coming! :-)

So, starting today, the BWI-SEA-BWI route on GTI (3536/3537) adds a stop at PDX.

First flight is inflight now. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/GTI3 ... /KBWI/KPDX

I wonder if this will affect the midmorning SEA flight which I've observed unloading what appeared to be majority PDX-bound freight...

wjcandee
Topic Author

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:26 pm

bravoindia wrote:

Geez, that's like landing a 767-300 on 4L/22R at MDW. And I used to think that running 757-300s out of there was exciting.

Glad to see that ABE is making the effort. I'm sure the competition at BWI would love to snag every bit of that business that they can.

How is Pinnacle working out as the ground handler at ABE? I really haven't heard anything more about it since they made the change. It was supposed to nudge the professionalism of the operation up a bit, and also I guess they're doing more with the packages once they get to the transfer building these days?

bravoindia

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:35 pm

The "sort" or transfer building has moved to next to the ramp. Acey could probably tell you more about that. I just wish the airport would have chosen to lengthen the runway instead of only widen it so that the runway lights are in pavement ( therefore 6/24 remains 150' wide ) but provides relief for snow removal. The airport adding the spot is nice actually would be better if it was two so they could solicit at least one or two more routes. By this time next year i would say the chances that runway 6 ILS is CAT II. So that's nice.
Jet-A, coffee, headset.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:01 am

And meanwhile...N370AA flew tonight to KRME. (370AA is a CAM-owned 767-300 converted by IAI/Bedek in TLV, and flown unpainted after conversion to ILN, where it has sat since August 8. So a month and a week.)

I don't know the significance of that, but some possibly-relevant facts:

Premier in KRME does a lot of MRO and paint work for Atlas. They painted the first few Atlas Prime Air 767s (as well as the first one for CAM). ATSG and its predecessors have used Dean Baldwin painting almost-exclusively for decades. So if it's being painted at KRME for an ATSG airline, that would be unusual. (Atlas has more-recently had its painting of TLV conversions done at Leading Edge in AMA, and received its BCFs already-painted by the contractor at QPG.)

I thought that this might be going to Northern Aviation. But there's no indication that Aloha Cargo, Northern Air Cargo or any other Northern affiliate has used Premier for anything in the past; at least as far as I could find.

And the Northern Aviation birds are to be dry-leased by CAM to Northern. CAM usually registers the aircraft in its own name. This one is registered to a bank as Trustee (typical when it is owned by a partnership or equipment trust or in certain other financing arrangements; there are a couple of banks, including Bank of Utah and Wilmington Trust Corp., that specialize in this area). So that's also curious. I suppose that it's possible that CAM sold it to someone and is just managing it for them at this point.

Don't know what to make of it. I guess we will see...

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:47 am

You know -- duh -- I missed the fact that ATI added a new Prime Air route today on a 767-300.

The new route connects two existing stations nonstop. And it will make BravoIndia happy.

It is ONT-ABE-ONT. ATN3763/3764. Departs ONT 1am PDT, arrives ABE 8:30am-ish EDT. Departs ABE 11am EDT, arrives ONT 1pm-ish PDT.

So that's 13 active routes plus one hot spare for ATI. They are operating that schedule with 15 aircraft: 7 767-200s and 8 767-300s. The eight 767-300s are its full contractual complement of ATSG 767-300s for Amazon Prime Air. Shortly, ATI will add N395CM to its fleet, a 767-300 that is now painted in the full ATI livery (and looks great!). It will be a maintenance/operational spare on top of the slack that Amazon is leaving in its schedule of its dry-leased aircraft for reliability purposes. It may also be used for ATI charter work, including military.

I didn't see anything added at ABX.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:03 am

And just so it's clear, it seems that the new PDX stop on BWI-SEA-BWI is Westbound-only. So...GTI3536, which was BWI-SEA, becomes GTI3536 BWI-PDX and GTI3538 PDX-SEA. On the return, GTI3537 stays a nonstop SEA-BWI, it seems. That makes sense, because there's no reason to fly SEA-originating parcels to PDX to make a 2-day deadline; they can happily go by truck. If there is a lot of BWI originating traffic for PDX -- which it seems from one member's comment on here that there is -- it makes sense to stop and drop it off on the way, rather than to fly it to SEA and truck it, or to use FedEx or UPS to fly it there from BWI.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:47 am

And just to clarify my math on the post above: of the ATI 767-200 fleet, only six are part of the Amazon-contracted fleet. The seventh is a maintenance spare provided by ATI to ensure schedule reliability. That is apparently 255CM. That more-than-33-year-old aircraft came back from Cargojet and got thrown into the mix without much work because it was needed ricky-tick. She got a tiny bit of TLC a few months later. I know a few folks were dubious about her initially, but she has soldiered on. I understand she has Pegasus in the cockpit, which is generally-perceived as a plus. Haven't heard much about how she and the rest of the 762s are doing these days, given their age and initial condition and all, but maybe that's a good thing...

bravoindia

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:08 am

Two days in a row ATI3763/64 ONT-ABE-ONT. Idk if it's new or what.
Jet-A, coffee, headset.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:19 pm

bravoindia wrote:
Two days in a row ATI3763/64 ONT-ABE-ONT. Idk if it's new or what.

Look at post 1485 above. It even mentions you by name. :-) The route is a new route.

bravoindia

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Shoot I'm sorry. Lol. So what would you make of them unloading at least 45 new cargo carts ( that's what I'd call them ) with LGSTX on the side of them today off of 18 wheelers. Would this be one for one replacements if the others are old or a sign of added cargo in the future?
Jet-A, coffee, headset.

KCVGSpotter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Looks like N376CM was transferred to an Israel certificate per FAA website. Yochai, any info on that aircraft? Additionally, N387AM was purchased and registered to CAM on 09/14.

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:08 pm

bravoindia wrote:
Shoot I'm sorry. Lol. So what would you make of them unloading at least 45 new cargo carts ( that's what I'd call them ) with LGSTX on the side of them today off of 18 wheelers. Would this be one for one replacements if the others are old or a sign of added cargo in the future?

This is an EWAG, of course: Probably both. I suspect that as the operation expands, there will be a need to do more work on the organization of the inbound-to-ABE boxes right there at the airport, if they are not already doing so. (I am assuming that by cargo carts, you mean the things that ride behind the tug in a train to and from the aircraft. I assume that the stuff on the flight to/from CVG is in AAXs and the stuff on flights to/from everywhere else is on PAJs. This is due to the sort in CVG being set up to function with AAXs.)

wjcandee
Topic Author

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:21 pm

KCVGSpotter wrote:
Looks like N376CM was transferred to an Israel certificate per FAA website. Yochai, any info on that aircraft? Additionally, N387AM was purchased and registered to CAM on 09/14.

A while back, ATSG said in its quarterly report that it had sold one of the CAM aircraft that was in conversion at TLV. Sounds like 376CM is the one, and that it finally changed hands.

Re 387AM -- Wow, that was fast! Jetran had it almost immediately after AA parked it, and CAM took it less than a month after that. Jetran has been a big source of feedstock to CAM.

And I noticed something about 370AA, which is now at RME. It was expected to become 393CM, but that reg is no longer reserved.

yochai

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:10 am

N1327A is going on a second test flight tomorrow morning prior to delivery in the coming days, 387AM will be delivered to IAI on Wednesday (delays pending)
Will check 376 tomorrow

FX1816

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:51 am

At ONT we are hearing rumors that we will be up to 9 Amazon flights a day by November, anyone else hear that? It's nice to have a 6th flight, the ONT-ABE-ONT route by ATN. It was so cool to see 6 aircraft, from the tower, sitting at the old terminal!

wjcandee
Topic Author

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 am

yochai wrote:
N1327A is going on a second test flight tomorrow morning prior to delivery in the coming days, 387AM will be delivered to IAI on Wednesday (delays pending)
Will check 376 tomorrow

Interesting that 1327A is coming out ahead of 1373A, which arrived about 3 weeks earlier.

Amazing how fast they are moving 387AM.

xdlx

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 am

Amazon is going to have to buy into a Certificate sooner rather than later. They have to realize that with ABX, ATSG, ATLAS and every other
CMI deal will NOT prioritize their goals, and are only a temporary measure. IF they really want to control their destiny they must acquire a certificate, and bring their team to manage air operations. What is available for sale?

Acey559

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:51 pm

FX1816 wrote:
At ONT we are hearing rumors that we will be up to 9 Amazon flights a day by November, anyone else hear that? It's nice to have a 6th flight, the ONT-ABE-ONT route by ATN. It was so cool to see 6 aircraft, from the tower, sitting at the old terminal!

I was told that with peak coming up, frequencies are going to increase markedly over what is currently being flown. Hopefully the increase will end up being permanent, but I would expect increases at all the big stations like ONT, ABE if there's room (or they'll just stagger the flights), RFD etc.

yochai

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:49 pm

N1327A is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning to KPSM, N368AA is completed and ready for a test flight tomorrow morning as well

Whiplash6

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:46 pm

xdlx wrote:
Amazon is going to have to buy into a Certificate sooner rather than later. They have to realize that with ABX, ATSG, ATLAS and every other
CMI deal will NOT prioritize their goals, and are only a temporary measure. IF they really want to control their destiny they must acquire a certificate, and bring their team to manage air operations. What is available for sale?

Isn't that why they bought 20% in both holding companies; for the control on the BOD?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos