E-Service

Sat Dec 02, 2000 1:29 am

Does anyone have a schedule when NW will open new e-service check-ins at airports? If they one at Charelston they have to have one at IAH.

nwa747-400

RE: E-Service

Sat Dec 02, 2000 2:59 am

I know they have said they are putting alot more into service.

BUT- have you tried internet check-in from Northwest? It is so neat. It only takes a couple of minutes and you can do it 24 hours before you flight (which makes getting bulkhead seats easy)

Then all you do is flash your ID as you board the plane. You never have to wait in lines!!! It is amazing.

Try it!!

Sun Dec 03, 2000 6:01 am

Okay, that does sound really neat!  

B747-437B

Sun Dec 03, 2000 7:46 am

There is a problem with the Internet check-in though, especially for Elites. If you check-in for your flight at the appropriate 24 hr time and then your elite upgrade comes through (for the benefit of non-NW/CO fliers, NW elites get unlimited upgrades on all fares), the system does not allow you to re-check in automatically and you have to manually sort it out with an agent at the airport.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

B747-437B

Sun Dec 03, 2000 8:03 am

Since, I'm an elite member, my autmoatic upgrade won't work with nwa.com checkin?

RE: B747-437B

Mon Dec 04, 2000 2:04 am

B747-437B

Mon Dec 04, 2000 7:11 am

NW Silver Elites get their upgrades at midnight on day of departure. However, for early morning departures or redeyes, it is conceivable that you will checkin BEFORE the system processes the upgrade (since you can checkin 24 hrs in advance of the flight). In a case such as that, you either have to forfeit the upgrade and go in coach, or have an agent manually reassign your seats at the gate (assuming that there are any left now).

Its a tough call to make. I usually try to get 5ABDF on the DC9s if I am stuck in coach, but if I get on early enough to snag that seat, I am effectively reducing my chances for an upgrade.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

B747-437B

Mon Dec 04, 2000 8:07 am

Yes, my flight is at 6:30 a.m. I believe it is flight 1084 from IAH-MEM.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos