Regional Jets Or Major Jets?

Sat Dec 02, 2000 8:54 am

What is your preference these days? With more of these ERJ's and CRJ's coming in, we usually have a choice of which to take. A major jet or a regional jet. I personally like the Regional Jets. They are smaller and quieter. With 50 seats or less (If they are even filled to full capacity) the F/A can offer much better service. You can get more soda, more Biscoff Cookies, and no Middle Seats. And the F/A can get to know ya a little better being she has few pax to serve. If possible, I would not mind flying this from here to New York, on ASA. They also use a Delta jet in ATL to JFK, but its not worth it to me. Sure, there are no meals, but who needs them? Your Opinions?

watewate

RE: Regional Jets Or Major Jets?

Sat Dec 02, 2000 10:17 am

I like flying RJ's over bigger jets. Less boarding time and I like walking out on the tarmac to see the a/c I'll be flying. And having no one sitting around me is a bonus.

gocaps16

Sat Dec 02, 2000 10:40 am

I'll be flying on a Atlantic Coast Airlines/United Express CRJ tomorrow mourning from IAD to EWR. looking forward to that flight. I'll probably be on a Jetstream 41 on the return flight back to IAD.
This is my weekly weekend pleasure flights for spotting and photography.

K.Cook/Arlington,VA/DCA

cba

Sat Dec 02, 2000 1:40 pm

The RJ's are great on shorter routes, but not for longer routes. I flew a Comair CRJ from HOU to CVG, a 2 and a half hour flight. The CRJ get's really cramped after 2.5 hours.