Regional Jets Or Major Jets?

Sat Dec 02, 2000 8:54 am

What is your preference these days? With more of these ERJ's and CRJ's coming in, we usually have a choice of which to take. A major jet or a regional jet. I personally like the Regional Jets. They are smaller and quieter. With 50 seats or less (If they are even filled to full capacity) the F/A can offer much better service. You can get more soda, more Biscoff Cookies, and no Middle Seats. And the F/A can get to know ya a little better being she has few pax to serve. If possible, I would not mind flying this from here to New York, on ASA. They also use a Delta jet in ATL to JFK, but its not worth it to me. Sure, there are no meals, but who needs them? Your Opinions?

watewate

RE: Regional Jets Or Major Jets?

Sat Dec 02, 2000 10:17 am

I like flying RJ's over bigger jets. Less boarding time and I like walking out on the tarmac to see the a/c I'll be flying. And having no one sitting around me is a bonus.

gocaps16

Sat Dec 02, 2000 10:40 am

I'll be flying on a Atlantic Coast Airlines/United Express CRJ tomorrow mourning from IAD to EWR. looking forward to that flight. I'll probably be on a Jetstream 41 on the return flight back to IAD.
This is my weekly weekend pleasure flights for spotting and photography.

K.Cook/Arlington,VA/DCA

cba

Sat Dec 02, 2000 1:40 pm

The RJ's are great on shorter routes, but not for longer routes. I flew a Comair CRJ from HOU to CVG, a 2 and a half hour flight. The CRJ get's really cramped after 2.5 hours.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos