AAdvantage

Mon Dec 04, 2000 3:34 am

Hi i was just wondering when and if i would get a real (solid plastic) AAdvantage card from American Airlines. As i have already got over 25,000 miles on my flimsey plastic one and i thought that they were going give me a proper one after thie flight had been completed!
Do you think it could have anything to do with the fact that i have been using it for flights with other airlines such as Cathay Pacific, British Airways and Qantas?
I did most of this flying last year and i'm off again to Austraila this X mas (from LHR) So do i have to fly with AA to get the hard plastic one?
PS. How many miles are needed to achieve GOLD status?
Many thanks for your help on this matter Dan.

AAR90

RE: AAdvantage

Mon Dec 04, 2000 4:09 am

go to http://www.aa.com and click on "AAdvantage" at the top of the screen. You'll find your gold status answer there as well as the ability to email your request for a new AAdvantage card.  
*NO CARRIER* -- A Naval Aviator's worst nightmare!

UAL747

Mon Dec 04, 2000 6:14 am

To get a solid plastic AAdvantage card, you have to achieve your gold status. In order to do so, you must maintain a minimum of 25,000 miles flown per year, on AA or any of the other airlines of the One World Alliance on sectors that AA counts toward your frequent flyer account. When you reach gold, AA sends you a gold card, much like a credit card, with a very nice brochure that tells you about your privilages. Hope this helps.

UAL747
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

watewate

Mon Dec 04, 2000 6:18 am

I don't like those flimsy cards either. How much are they really saving by issuing those cheap cards? Delta issues a solid plastic card regardless fo status. Other airlines should do the same. AA and COs' cards look like cheap calling cards.

blink182

Mon Dec 04, 2000 6:28 am

My dad has a platinum aadvantage card and it looks nice!
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

DatamanA340

Mon Dec 04, 2000 1:47 pm

Better than LH, LH issues just a paper tag, but the solid one you can get for 3000 miles.

I have 11K miles for AAdvantage, but it's from JAL or Asiana that's not an Oneworld member.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos