FLY 8
Topic Author

Wich Alliance Is The Best?

Tue Dec 12, 2000 12:00 am

Hi there!

I´m wondering wich alliance is or comes out the best.
Not the biggest but the one with the best service and the service net.
In my opinion the Star Alliance is the best. Very good network and one of the best services!

What is your opinion?

Thanks. Benjamin!
yes i can handle that alone. - - -famous last words

steman

RE: Wich Alliance Is The Best?

Tue Dec 12, 2000 12:04 am

Of course Star Alliance is the biggest and has the widest network, the airlines forming this alliance are among the most respected so it is simple to say Star Alliance is the best.
But Oneworld too has some very big airline, including the "world favourite airline", British Airways, and many other. Anyway, BA seemed to be tired of its own alliance so, if it will exit OW the second best could be SkyTeam, especially if airlines like Alitalia and TAM would join it as it seems to happen.

Ciao

Stefano

watewate

Tue Dec 12, 2000 2:37 am

Star Alliance may offer extensive route structure, but I don't understand their selection of their partners. They seem to have a few airlines that overlap geographically. OneWorld was deemed unstable- although they seem to have patched things up recently. I'd look for SkyTeam to rise in the future. They have a significant reach with only their founding members and all have room to grow at their home airports with the exception of Delta at ATL. Look for them to recruit other airlines- CSA for one, and expand their reach.

jocke08

Tue Dec 12, 2000 3:12 am

I absolutely think that Star Alliance is the #1 alliance in the world today. They have Thai, from Asia, United form USA, Varig form South America, SAS and Lufthansa from Europe, and mny many more! Outstanding in my opinoin!!

jocke08

aussie_

Tue Dec 12, 2000 10:18 am

I have to agree that Star is the best, but what really depends is where you are geographically based. In Australia (like me), there is equal Star and oneworld cover (AN and QF) which basically means no other alliance will able to get a look in. In Asia, star is dominant with SQ and TG compared to just CX with Oneworld. Europe may well now have a *slight* oneworld advantage with BA, IB, AY, DI.

Overall star is trumps though, and they seem to be much better organised, though don't discount Skyteam and even Wings which is poised to make a large announcement on new members soon. Oneworld isn't finished yet either. I'm betting on JAL joining and MH too if QF gets a stake (otherwise it'd be Wings).

AerLingus

Tue Dec 12, 2000 10:59 am

I think that, despite being a hardcore AA fan, Star has a pretty good alliance. OneWorld is always in some kind of state of flux with a carrier entering of leaving. I know nothing of Skyteam or Wings.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

blink182

Tue Dec 12, 2000 11:48 am

Isn' this one of those what's your favorite alliance? Two people could argue about what alliance is the best and never come up with a solution, All alliances offer advantages and disadvantages, there is not a "best" alliance  
rgds
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

DatamanA340

Tue Dec 12, 2000 8:19 pm

Skyteam has these benefits:
Korean Air as No.1 Eastern-Asia carrier on Trans-pacific, with 10 destinations in 48 US states and 27 in Eastern Asia. (I don't count JAL's Hawaii flights, even more than KAL's Seoul-US.)
KE and AF (at least will) have great hub airports.
No need to argue.

They can be 'too' great if they can invite one of current Star member. But they're known to contact MH instead for now.

The weaks:
They take too much time to particifate CSA.
Aeroflot wants to join; some pity.
Poor connection intra-Eurasia. AF still has more relation with JAL.
Too weak Latino partner.

MEA-707

Tue Dec 12, 2000 9:26 pm

By far the star alliance ! Don't count them out in Europe; with Lufthansa and SAS they have wide coverage, while British Midland and these small Austrian carriers are a great feed. The most crappy alliance -till now- is Skyteam; too little coverage and a scary Asian partner (Korean!). They have to work hard to grab some more coverage. I don't care if it will be Aeroflot, MEA, Garuda, Air Niugini or Avianca, but they are too small now. Actually it's the only alliance I don't have a frequent flyer card from because I can fly anywhere without their airlines.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

JAVOMD88

Wed Dec 13, 2000 4:18 am

ITS NOT QUANTITY
ITS QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS SKYTEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!AND WE JUST STARTED!
JAVO.
aeromexico.....the only true carrier of mexico

DatamanA340

Skyteam To Best.

Wed Dec 13, 2000 6:32 am

Korean Air changes name, without any 'Korean'. That will make them look much safer. 2 of their accident during last 20 years caused by N.Korea.

Invite other carriers, even 'steal' other alliance members. I think the best selection will be TG(SQ is better, but too hard to wish), AZ, AR, MU. 9 is enough, but if still short, Royal Air Maroc for 'fill'.

Delta Go North; with only ATL, no expected Canada Partner, Poorer connection between USA and France/Korea.

AF cuts all connection with CO/JAL. More Seoul-Paris flight. As BA in OW, AF is most likely to be a trouble-maker.

SA; Current best, except for NE Asia (NH is only 4th or below in this region). Just make more stable.
OW; More need to be stable than SA. Problem in Eastern Asia, especially no entrance to China is weaker than first one. Invite OZ for Solution.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos