Mason
Topic Author

Ok, I'm Stupid. What Is Air Europe?!

Wed Dec 13, 2000 3:41 am

I feel that I am pretty much up to date with the aviation industry, but I keep seeing pictures of Air Europe aircraft on this site. They operate 777s, so this is no small operation. Where do they fly to? What is their operation? Charter? Scheduled? Where is their headquarters? Thanks. I'm sure someone is itching to share their knowledge.
Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Joe Pries

BDRules

RE: Ok, I'm Stupid. What Is Air Europe?!

Wed Dec 13, 2000 3:46 am

Air Europe are an Italian airline that fly to America and Asia using their 777's but please remember not to get them muddled up with Air Europa the Spanish charter airline.
hope this helps a little.
regards BDRules

RJ100

Wed Dec 13, 2000 3:50 am

Hello Mason

Air Europe is an Italian charter company partly owned by SAirGroup (Swissair).
I think their hub is Milan (Linate and Malpensa) and they operate A320s and B777s and B767s(?).

Hope this helps
RJ100
none

SR3496

Wed Dec 13, 2000 3:51 am

Air Europe is part of the Qualiflyergroup. They operate scheduled flights from Milano Malpensa and Linate within Italy with some Airbus A320. But I've heard rumors that they will stop this flights and concentrate on charter flights. Volare would then take over the inland market.
Destinations longhaul? I don't know but I think to Mauritius, Kuba, Dom. republic,...the usual holiday destinations out of Europe. I also heard that they'll start a flight with 763 from Nice to Pointe-a-Pitre/Guadeloupe.

gkirk

Wed Dec 13, 2000 4:46 am

The above is all correct. There also used to be an Air Europe based in the UK a number of years ago based at LGW.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

englandair

Wed Dec 13, 2000 5:04 am

I thought that Air Europe (mentioned by GKirk) was an entirely different one, taken over by Air Europa.

Wed Dec 13, 2000 5:35 am

Air Europe and Air Europa used to be owned by the same peope....who were British.

Anyway, Air Europa is the Spanish carrier who code shares with TWA and is itching to merge with either Iberia or Spanair and Air Europe is owned by SAir and being merged with Italian domestic airline Volare.

gerardo

Wed Dec 13, 2000 6:18 am

Air Europe and Volare merged earlier this year to the Volare Group. Volare will take over all scheduled services and leave the charter (and longhaul operations?) to Air Europe.

Oh, and the best about Air Europe: they will sell those B777 and get A332 in a short time period. This fleet harmonization within the Qualiflyer Group will increase synergies within this alliance.

Regards - Gerardo

Webmaster/Moderator of:
Impressions at ZRH
Airbus Forum
Airline Alliance Group
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment