A Christmas Wish

Fri Dec 22, 2000 2:30 am

I was just reading the FF Mile Survey thread and saw that some people have miles that are expiring.

Please consider donating those miles to a charity. My wife and I have been doing this every year around Christmas. Many of these charities provide "dream flights" to dying children. Usually they are to DisneyWorld or to visit relatives. I am listing a couple links below for more information.

Delta:
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/sm_programs/skywish/index.jsp

US Airways:
http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/programinfo/charityprogram.htm

watewate

RE: A Christmas Wish

Fri Dec 22, 2000 2:46 am

Good suggestion. I'll be donating some of my miles.

TurbineBeaver

Fri Dec 22, 2000 2:50 am

Can you please provide the link, if available for Thai Airways and for United?

Thank you, I think I'll do it!

TB

notdownnlocked

Fri Dec 22, 2000 2:52 am

I'm sorry but I haven't seen the FF thread of which you speak but I must say this is the best post I have seen for a long long time!!! I would also like to add that(hopefully it's not too late for this year) if you have everything you could possibly want, that instead of asking or suggesting for a gift of some sorts for your own personal gain, just ask the persons buying a gift for you to make a donation in your name to your favorite charity. I think you will feel much better for it and the good feeling you get will last much longer. If you read this message on your computer, hopefully you see there are many more out there that cannot. FFJunkie, have you posted your message on planebusiness.com or on flyertalk.com?

Fri Dec 22, 2000 2:58 am

For United you have to call Mileage Plus directly at 1-800-421-4655.

They have about 25 different charities you can donate to including "Make a Wish" and "Doctors without Borders" which are some of my favorites. "Doctors Without Borders" sends doctors who are volunteering their time to help 3rd world contries or disaster areas.

RWally

Fri Dec 22, 2000 3:06 am

You can donate your CO One Pass miles by going to http://www.continental.com and clicking on the Frequent Flyer Program link. I'm sure you can call the airline of which you hold frequent flyer miles and donate them to charity.

Happy Holidays!

RWally

RE: A Christmas Wish (Thai Airlines Info)

Fri Dec 22, 2000 4:34 am

someone asked about Thai Airlines:

Here is the only information I could find for the U.S.

Thai Airlines-Los Angeles, U.S.A.
Tel: 1 800 426 5204 press 2
Fax: 1 310 322 8728