blink182

KLM To Dfw?

Tue Dec 26, 2000 1:47 am

Does anyone(perhaps a KLM employee)know when/if KLM will start serving DFW??
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

RE: KLM To Dfw?

Tue Dec 26, 2000 2:34 am

Check out this page for updates @ DFW Int'l. Airport.
http://www.dfwairport.com

Baec777xx  

aa61hvy

Tue Dec 26, 2000 6:08 am

KLM will fly to DFW when the new west terminal opens up.
Go big or go home

LJ

Tue Dec 26, 2000 6:35 am

Why should KLM fly to Dallas? Don't see the logic (allthough I wouldn't mind a daily Dallas flight). KLM now serves Houston with a daily flight and serves Dallas via MSP or DTW. As there is a chance (and I hope it will happen) that KLM will increase their commercial ties with Continental (BTW does anyone know what the current status is of the commercial agreement signed this year?) they'll probably increase their flights to Houston instead of Dallas. Furthermore, as all transatlantic flights are operated together with Northwest and they would prefer to increase the frequency to Houston as Northwest can feed its flights (via Continental) at Houston and not at Dallas.

Furthermore, I don't see KLM increase the number of gateways in the USA, because they can deploy their aircraft probably better to other destinations.

Regards
Laurens Janssen

Tue Dec 26, 2000 6:35 am

Possibly then, in 5 years now .. NWA is now at DELTA Terminal E @ DFW right now....

Baec777xx  

A330_DTW

Wed Dec 27, 2000 12:02 am

I haven't heard any rumors about KLM starting service to DFW. A few months ago, however, many senior KLM managers were flying quite frequently from AMS to PHX to check out the facilities and supposedly to negotiate beginning service there.

KL and CO are still negotiating the extent of their cooperation. They will only codeshare from IAH and EWR to domestic US markets and from AMS to points in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and India. KL wanted CO to do what NW is doing--flying only to AMS and having KL do the flying from there. For obvious reasons, CO does not want to go that route.

When the new Detroit Midfield Terminal opens, NW has said that they hope to begin nonstop flying to more interior points in Europe. I wonder what KLM will have to say to that!?

Plane Holland

Wed Dec 27, 2000 3:11 am

KLM is going to fly to DFW....cargo...   they will start flying somewhere in march 2001 using a 747-300SF Freighter. the service will be for Bell Helicopters...maybe someday you can expect a 747-combi on this route. you can read more of this somewhere at http://www.cargoweb.nl

PH