twa747100

STL-FRA? Naaa STL-EWR-FRA!

Fri Dec 29, 2000 7:48 am

Im going out on a limb but the wonderfull STL-FRA flight is going to be a code share out of EWR to FRA on lufthansa. So it would be a TWA airplane going from STL to EWR and from EWR to FRA it will be a lufthansa plane. Maybe this is just going to be a short term thing or not but this is what I have read on the board in JFK and STL.
Can someone correct me or second that they have heard this please?

RE: STL-FRA? Naaa STL-EWR-FRA!

Fri Dec 29, 2000 12:15 pm

Sorry, I am afraid you are wrong.
As of today, TWA's NONSTOP service from St. Louis to Frankfurt is available for booking. The maiden flight is on May 1st, 2000. Check it out at http://www.twa.com

Fri Dec 29, 2000 1:38 pm

Two Mistakes....

1) (small) im pretty sure you meant May 1, 2001 as May 2000 has come and gone and TW doesn't serve FRA which brings me to my second point....

2) I don't know where your looking, but this flight hasn't been loaded into the Flight Schedules, in fact Frankfurt isn't even in the city list. It reads Fayetteville, Freeport, Fresno... No FRA!

Where are you looking?

Fri Dec 29, 2000 9:19 pm

Yes, my mistake. Of course, it's May 1, 2001.

You need to go to TWA' s booking engine and search for STL-FRA (enter cities manually) and use a travel date of May 1 or later.

The flight details are

TW 740 lv STL 2:30 pm arr FRA 6:30 am
TW 741 lv FRA 2:50 pm arr STL 5:55pm

ContinentalEWR

Sat Dec 30, 2000 1:18 am

TWA 740 and 741 are the flight numbers of the old JFK-FRA frequencies.

ContinentalEWR

Sat Dec 30, 2000 2:39 am

Yikes..that plane sits at FRA for over 8 hours!

How they going to make that work? They need to trade for better

OLYMPIC

Sat Dec 30, 2000 3:21 am

TWA is really planning to fly directly from STL to FRA! A former employee of my company who is running his own business now was approached by TWA to do their representation at FRA! As it seems TWA doesn´t want to start with an own station representative!  

Sat Dec 30, 2000 3:30 am

Well, someone on the Yahoo! message board suggested a plausible rotation schedule for an aircraft deplyed on the STL-FRA route:

<< Day 1-2 STL-FRA 230p-630A
Day 2 FRA-STL 250p-555p
Day 2-3 STL-LGW 730p-955a
Day 3 LGW-STL 1145A-310p
Day 3 STL-LAX 530p-743p
Day 3-4 LAX-JFK 1000p-608a
Day 4 JFK-STL 820a-1003a
Day 4 wait till 230p for the FRA flight.

Now, assuming that they use the same equipment for all of this ( they could for example easily do a swap in JFK with the inbound TLV or CAI equipment) & assuming my math is right, over 72 hours I get about 16:40 of utilization each day. I would say that's not too bad. >>

(Taken from msg # 59879 by nyc6035 http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7084321&tid=twa&sid=7084321&mid=59879 )

16.4 hrs of utilization per day on average is actually excellent. TWA may also choose to have some line maintenance and/or deep cleaning done, while the aircraft is sitting in FRA. It's also likely that within a year or two, an additional flight from JFK will be added. The incoming plane from STL may then head back to New York around 10:00am, while the flight arriving from JFK around noon heads back to STL at 2:50. We will see.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos