TazMan029
Topic Author

Cessna Vs. Piper

Fri Dec 29, 2000 3:47 pm

I was wondering what some of the ups and downs were to the Cessna verus the Piper... and...
I'm a kid looking to become a pilot when I grow up. I went and took an intro at Westwind in Phoenix, Arizona. The guy I flew with was really cool, and they seemed to have a good program. What I want to know is if anyone has anything to say about the program. Also, I asked what I could do right now since I won't be starting the program for a while (I'm still in high school and plan on going in the fall, somewhere). He said that I could buy the Cessna Kit, which had 27 CD-Roms, the book, a log book, etc. I was wondering if this is a good place to start since it is like $300. If there is a cheaper place to buy, or something else I should start on, I'd love some feedback. Thanks again... I love this site and the great convos on it. I've learned so much from all of you...

VirginFlyer

RE: Cessna Vs. Piper

Fri Dec 29, 2000 7:04 pm

Ok, I have read your Cessna Programme message on 3 different threads now. Its getting kind of repetitive, not to mention annoying. I see you're new around here. I am sure someone will answer your original posting on this topic if they can, but just because someone doesnt reply straight away, dont give up hope and start a whole bunch of new threads with the same topic, it kinda annoys people. Anyway, don't read this as my yelling at you, its constructive criticism, which every good pilot should be able to take...

My only experience with Cessna associated places is at Ardmore Flying School in Auckland, New Zealand. I am learning on PA38s there, however they are a Cessna Training centre as well (they just got some nice new 172s). Someone told me they are the best in NZ, and one of the best in the Southern Hemisphere. I am not certain how true that is, but the place is pretty good.

And on the subject of Piper vs Cessna, well, I don't think Pipers financial situation helped things along for the past decade, though last I heard, things were looking up. Still, Cessna is very strong in the market, right from the 172 up through the Caravan and CitationJets to the Citation X. They are alll very good aircraft too...
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

advancedkid

RE: Cessna Vs. Piper

Fri Dec 29, 2000 7:49 pm

I have trained on both C-172s Skyhawk and the
Piper PA-28 Cherokkee. I wonder what you like
to know about both specifically.
I like both almost equally, depending on what I was
doing to doing and the available conditions, weather and otherwise.
The Piper is more stable in turbulent air and feels
more powerfull, however heavier on the controls than
the Cessna
The Cessnas are superb for sightseeing since they're
highwing and one has a non obstructed view to the ground.
I hope that helps
regards,
Advancedkid