Amir
Topic Author

Minsk: Transiting Belarus

Mon Jan 01, 2001 4:01 am

Hi,
i will be away next week heading to Malaysia and Cambodia, on the way back i will be flying with Uzbekistan Ariways from Bangkok to Taskent and then onward with Balavia to Misk and then finally to FRA. So basically, iam on transit in both TAS and MSQ (Misk). According to the Belarus regulations, you don't need a visa
for a same day conex without leaving the transit area. However, at the embassy in Bonn/Germany no one could confirm to me that i don't need a visa since the visa waiver incldues that you need the visa for next destination, so iam afraid the guys in TAS won't accept me on their Minsk flight without a transit visa which i can't get so easily. My question is, did anyone of you ever transit MSQ?? is there something like a transfer desk? i won't have any checked in luggage, jut carry one.

Any comments would be appreciated

Happy new year to all!!!

Rgds
Amir

LOT767-300ER

RE: Minsk: Transiting Belarus

Mon Jan 01, 2001 4:37 am

ive been at minsk once. I think there might be a transition desk but im not 100% sure about that!

Mon Jan 01, 2001 9:51 am

Please post a trip report about Belavia, I am interested in hearing about my ethnic airline.
Thanks, Tom

LOT767-300ER

Mon Jan 01, 2001 1:04 pm

thats all i know about minsk.