Pilot1113
Topic Author

A "Legend" Rises From The Dead

Tue Jan 02, 2001 12:40 pm

Legend Airlines is reporting that they're going to hopefully restart operations this month!

They have a court date tommorow; pending that and FAA approval they are going to resume flights.

Let's hear it for the underdog!

- Neil Harrison

VirginFlyer

RE: A "Legend" Rises From The Dead

Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:20 pm

Thats great news!
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:42 pm

I have never flown them before, but saw a speical on TV about them. The station accredited them with the reason airfare is so low at times, and they offer the best service. They also said how you shouldn't always go for the big airlines, that the small ones ususally offer lower fares, and better service. I hope i get to fly them sometime.

sccutler

Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:56 pm

Their service is unmatched. I'll fly them again, and would promote others to do so as well, thus rewarding service and care over indifference and contempt.

G'night.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Pilot1113
Topic Author

From Their Website:

Tue Jan 02, 2001 3:18 pm

We are pleased to announce that Legend Airlines is returning to service. We know we disappointed a lot of very loyal customers, but we have developed a Customer Accommodation Plan, which reflects our commitment to accommodating our customers who purchased tickets on Legend. The plan will be filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court on January 2nd. The approval process of the plan is thorough and involves several entities, including the Court as well as a consensus of the creditor constituency. Before we can announce details of this plan we must coordinate with all parties. This is to ensure that our customers are receiving the best travel accommodations due to the inconvenience our temporary shutdown has caused.

Legend has now secured the necessary funding to resume operations, and pending approval from the Court, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT), we will be flying again in January. We will announce an exact start date and publish the schedules after the first of the year. New information will be posted on our site as it becomes available.

The entire Legend Airlines team is excited to have the opportunity to once again serve you. Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to having you on board soon!